Sign in to follow this  
Tillamook

Silanyo shows his despotic face by banning Universal t.v

Is Silanyo too old to appreciate satire or was he ill-advised in this matter, again?

Banning satire is a violation of freedom of expression and more importantly,in the case of universal t.v, a violation of freedom of the press.

Imagine the uproar that would occur if the White House had ordered the shutting down of NBC because of their Saturday night live show every time said show did a sketch about President Obama! It would be madness.

Yaa wax u sheega: Satires are pretend and an attempt at creating a make-belief world and should not be taken to heart, reer baadiyaal waaxiid!

Silanyo should be counseled wisely regarding this matter and he should immediately rescind this flawed policy. After-all, in a truly democratic society, a thick skin is a necessary prerequisite for every politician.

Here is the supposed offending program(faaliyaha qaranka) by Universal t.v

(Silanyo interview starts about the 05:20 mark of the clip)

Reporter:Bismillahi Rahmani Rahiim, welcome to our exclusive interview with the president of somaliland, Axmad Maxamed Maxamud Silaanyo. First of all your excellency, welcome to Universal t.v.

Silanyo: Thank you, you're very kind.

Reporter: Recently the talks between the Federal Government and somaliland came to a conclusion. What's your take on it and Somalia.

Silanyo: Somalia is a neighboring country of ours, the talks we had in Turkey was not aimed at the reconciliation of Somalia and somaliland or reunion of the two countries, but rather these talks were aimed at discussing the common interest of the two neighboring republics.

Reporter: Your excellency, it is said that during the daytime your have a huge say in the day to day running of the affairs of government, but come nightfall-- these duties are carried out by your immediate family: What do you say to that?

Silanyo: Those are merely exaggerated rumors spread by shameless blabbermouths. As you know, my strengths are not as they used to be and I go to bed early each evening. So if some of my family members handle my affairs, I don't see what the fuss is all about, after-all, my family are members of our society too and have every right to help manage our government.

Reporter: The department of roads has been expanded...has it been directly brought under the immediate control of your office?

Silanyo: As you know, our road network plays a very crucial role in our economy. So if this department is managed directly through my office, I don't see what the issue is, and the permanent secretary in the office of the president is a very hardworking and capable young man who can oversee this vital department. So I don't see any problem with this.

Reporter: As you know politicians have their personal differences. Which politician do you hate the most?

Silanyo: Personally, I loath and can't stand Faisal Cali Waraabe. Also, the speaker of the parliament --who is the head of the Wadani Party-- I find very repulsive as well.

Reporter: You've defunded the committee responsible for the promotion of the arts and music, and by decree ordered that the funds be given to the clan elders. Do you personally dislike the musicians?

Silanyo: I don't dislike them, per'se, in fact I love their music. Its just that musicians and clan elders, in my view are similar, in that-- they both earn their living yapping their mouths off. So I figured, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Now the elders get the funding and the musicians stay at home.

Reporter: Mr president. You look like a very angry man. When you get angry, what do you really feel?

Silanyo: A lot of people have asked themselves that. But personally, me as Silanyo, I believe when I get angry no one can tell if I am.

Reporter: Puntland recently elected Abdiwali Gaas, who previously was the prime minister of Somalia. You didn't send any congratulatory remarks, his way. Why?

Silanyo: What! I only know Abdulahi Yusuf is the president. Has someone else been elected???

Reporter: If you were asked to make any request you like. What would you ask for?

Silanyo: As you know it has taken us 20 plus years for the world to recognize the secession of somaliland. And we've spent a lot of effort and energy in this endeavor. The people of somaliland are restless and dissatisfied. Therefore, my only request to you is that these people's disgruntlement be alleviated.

Reporter: Mr president, you claim that you love music even though you refuse to support musicians and have asked them to stay at their homes. Tell us, what sort of music you like?

Silanyo: The type of music I like, are songs like "abundance resides in our lands(Dhulkeena Nimcaa Fadhida)"*breaks into dance waving somaliland flag*

Reporter: And that was the president of somaliland Axmad Maxameds Maxamud who we interviewed on our program Faaliyaha Qaranka. Thank you very much your excellency.*shakes hands with Silanyo*

<cite>
said:</cite>

Somaliland is a joke walaahi.

bal adna?

abti,

just continue eating dawarsiga beesha calaamiga and deeqbixiyasha folks and avoid the nitty-gritty mundane khiyale stuff to petty folks. it's already impressive y'all are making a killing from mashaaricda Turkiga and arming your militia to the teeth for the eagerly anticipated establishment of your new regional administration. y'all have it too good. keep doing your thing and like i said many times before refrain from insulting the Republic. wana iga talo.

If Somaliland is a joke what is Somalia lol

How many Journalists have been gunned down in Somalia in the last few years

How many journalists have been gunned down in Somaliland in the past 23 years , just one.

Siilaanyo should ban all Koonfurian media from Somaliland

Cadale   

reason why im saying so is, because universal is getting banned because of the siilaanyo satire. Come on guys they even made a satire of faroole and Madoobe. LOL do you see Obama banning the saturday night live because of making fun out of him?

saaxibayaal sidaasi ictiraaf laguma hele ka daaya dee