Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

did abdiweli violate Puntland constituion by giving Jigjiga and Gedo ministers?

Mooge   

i met few friends who were concerned that some of the puntland communities didn't get ministers and Abdiweli decided to give two to Jigjiga and Gedo. i told people to stay calm and think about it differently. nairobi people i met who were concerned were not protesting or anything but they had private questions. these were my arguments.

1. the jigjiga and gedo people live in puntland too. there are so many of them in every city.

2. it is strategic game abdiweli is playing to bring family together and these ministers will help puntland and its interest. The jigjiga and gedo people are our cousins and we need to bring the greater family closer by reaching out to them.

3. this shows that puntland is moving away from close clan system and broadening its base.

Mooge   

che, puntland consitition says that regions of sool, sanaag, cayn, mudug, bari and nugaal are the founding states. these two clans abdiweli gave ministers don't have recognized constituents in those regions and were not the founding members.

this is what puntland consitituion says

1. All persons holding Puntland nationality constitute the people of Puntland.

2. Every person born in the territory of Puntland or whose parents or one of them were born in the territory of Puntland shall be deemed as a national of the Puntland State.

3. The nationality acquired in accordance with this article shall be protected by the Law.

4. The Law will define the procedures for acquiring and losing nationality.

The constitution is flawed. There is no Puntland nationality in the strict sense of the world. A region within a country cannot have a separate nationality. Whatever if someone from other regions of Somalia relocates to Puntland and wants to take part in the political process. Will they be denied because they don't have Puntland nationality?

^

No they won't be denied. It will be their popularity in Puntland that will determine their political success once a one man one vote is fairly implemented in the next elections.

Now as for President Gaas choosing non-native Puntlanders for his ministerial posts; I believe it was a very shrewd choice.

A choice, shortsighted individuals will never be able to fathom, but which all Somalis will reap the benefits of in the future.

gooni   

Jigjiga iyo gedo aad bay uga fogathay bari balse labo arimood ayuu midkood ula jeedaa aragtidayda

kow somaaliya waxay u kala baxday qabiil state inuu soo dhaweyn ula jeedo waayo meesha sida taariikhdu sheegayso nin carab ah ayaa shan wiil ku dhalay welina lama dhaxlan dhulkii awoowe taasi waa mid

inuu doonayo inuu shacbiyad ku yeesho soomaalida kale oo dhan si tartiib tartiiba oo magaciisu sii iibsamo

Haday taas danbe arintiisu tahay waa arin aad uGu wanaagsan mustaqbalkiisa siyaasadeed kana saari karta xayndaab beeleedka.

Waxaa la gudboon inuu wasiir u magacaabo reer baladweyne iyo reer dhuusomareeb oo ah meeshuu ku dhashay sidaan maqlay waana gobalda aadka looga soo dhaweeyay si aadana uGu xiran puntland xagga dhaqaalaha oo aan marnaba gawaaridooda laga furin taarikada puntland

galbeedi   

The only strategy is Tribal. There are more people from inter river area , namely Bay & Bakool who are more in number than those you mentioned, who live in Boosaaso and Gaalkacayo. No one is talking about giving them any stake.

Dalmar1   

So brother Mooge, since im Half (from Garowe) through my mother and my father is , am i eligible for puntland citizenship???