Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Study: Somali children with autism are more likely to have I.Q.s below 70

Admin   

Study: Somali children with autism are more likely to have I.Q.s below 70

17autism-articleLarge

A long-awaited study has confirmed the fears of Somali residents in Minneapolis that their children suffer from higher rates of a disabling form of autism compared with other children there.

The study — by the University of Minnesota, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the research and advocacy group Autism Speaks — found high rates of autism in two populations: About one Somali child in 32 and one white child in 36 in Minneapolis were on the autism spectrum.

The national average is one child in 88, according to Coleen A. Boyle, who directs the C.D.C.’s Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities.

But the Somali children were less likely than the whites to be “high-functioning” and more likely to have I.Q.s below 70. (The average I.Q. score is 100.)

Source: New York Times

http://www.somaliaonline.com/study-somali-children-with-autism-are-more-likely-to-have-i-q-s-below-70/

Mooge   

sad that this disease attacks somali flesh worse than others. niyoow what causes this? in nairobi many women are bringing their kids from US and europe to treat autism but i don't see autism kids being born in africa that much.

Khayr   

<cite>
said:</cite>

sad that this disease attacks somali flesh worse than others. niyoow what causes this? in nairobi many women are bringing their kids from US and europe to treat autism but i don't see autism kids being born in africa that much.

This is really sad to hear about.

What are some contributing factors that

produce Autism?

someone I know had her uterus stitched in toronto without her knowledge 15yrs ago after she had baby.Ofc she couldn't conceive and after going thru much grief went to Malaysia only to find out she was deliberately blocked by her doctors.There is no much autism back home and this should be ringing alarm bells.

ElPunto   

One in 36 for whites in Minnesota as opposed to 1 in 88 for rest of country? Damn forget about Somalis and find out what is going on in Minnesota.