Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Xin dumar

1472911_10200981594997534_1071778142_n.j

1210-Obama-Denmark-Mandela_full_380.jpg

obamaslater.jpg?w=300

Maxaa ka qaldan sawiradaan? Maxee ganfuurka u taageysaa. In other taken pictures from this scene, her facial expressions seem much worse.

Maseer dumar ma sahlano runtii. She would eventually sit between the two after she found a chance while he was giving the speech.

Safferz   

Michelle Obama was not unhappy during Nelson Mandela 'selfie', photographer insists

AFP photographer who took picture of Barack Obama, David Cameron and Denmark's Helle Thorning-Schmidt, insists Michelle Obama had been smiling only moments before

Michelle Obama's stern expression during a picture of David Cameron, Barack Obama and Denmark's Helle Thorning-Schmidt at Nelson Mandela's memorial was captured "by chance" and she had been laughing only seconds before, according to the photographer.

The photograph of the Danish prime minister's "selfie" with President Obama and Mr Cameron featured on front pages around the world. While the trio looked delighted to be at the memorial in Soweto, the US first lady looked distinctly unimpressed in the background.

However, it was a misleading image capturing a natural and relaxed atmosphere, according to Roberto Schmidt, the AFP photographer responsible for the snap.

"Anyway, suddenly this woman pulled out her mobile phone and took a photo of herself smiling with Cameron and the US president," he wrote in a blog for AFP. "I captured the scene reflexively. All around me in the stadium, South Africans were dancing, singing and laughing to honour their departed leader. It was more like a carnival atmosphere, not at all morbid.

"The ceremony had already gone on for two hours and would last another two. The atmosphere was totally relaxed – I didn’t see anything shocking in my viewfinder, president of the US or not. We are in Africa.

"I later read on social media that Michelle Obama seemed to be rather peeved on seeing the Danish prime minister take the picture. But photos can lie. In reality, just a few seconds earlier the first lady was herself joking with those around her, Cameron and Schmidt included. Her stern look was captured by chance."

Around two hours into the four-hour long ceremony to remember the former South African leader, the president and two prime ministers posed for a picture on Mrs Thorning Schmidt's mobile phone, prompting criticisms that it was unprofessional at such an event.

Some took to Twitter to voice their concerns over the behaviour. James Armitage wrote "What morons take a 'selfie' at a memorial service? Oh yeah that's right, Barack Obama and David Cameron."

Sarah McDermott accused David Cameron of having "zero class or decorum."

Later photos show Mr Obama swapping seats with his wife Michelle, fuelling claims that she was annoyed with his behaviour.

The picture was taken after President Obama paid an emotional tribute to Nelson Mandela, describing him as a 'giant' of history and encouraging world leaders to follow his example.

Guje;990686 wrote:
Obama is soft and has feminine tendencies, no gravitas with this man, always smiling in every picture. argh

What's wrong with smiling? And what does it have to do with manhood?

Soomalidu waxay yidhadaan "ninku caadi maaha, ma qoslo" when they are describing a real tough man. But that's sheer ignorance yaa u sheega.

Safferz;990679 wrote:
Michelle Obama was not unhappy during Nelson Mandela 'selfie', photographer insists

AFP photographer who took picture of Barack Obama, David Cameron and Denmark's Helle Thorning-Schmidt, insists Michelle Obama had been smiling only moments before

Michelle Obama's stern expression during a picture of David Cameron, Barack Obama and Denmark's Helle Thorning-Schmidt at Nelson Mandela's memorial was captured "by chance" and she had been laughing only seconds before, according to the photographer.

The photograph of the Danish prime minister's "selfie" with President Obama and Mr Cameron featured on front pages around the world. While the trio looked delighted to be at the memorial in Soweto, the US first lady looked distinctly unimpressed in the background.

However, it was a misleading image capturing a natural and relaxed atmosphere, according to Roberto Schmidt, the AFP photographer responsible for the snap.

"Anyway, suddenly this woman pulled out her mobile phone and took a photo of herself smiling with Cameron and the US president," he wrote in a blog for AFP. "I captured the scene reflexively. All around me in the stadium, South Africans were dancing, singing and laughing to honour their departed leader. It was more like a carnival atmosphere, not at all morbid.

"The ceremony had already gone on for two hours and would last another two. The atmosphere was totally relaxed – I didn’t see anything shocking in my viewfinder, president of the US or not. We are in Africa.

"I later read on social media that Michelle Obama seemed to be rather peeved on seeing the Danish prime minister take the picture. But photos can lie. In reality, just a few seconds earlier the first lady was herself joking with those around her, Cameron and Schmidt included. Her stern look was captured by chance."

Around two hours into the four-hour long ceremony to remember the former South African leader, the president and two prime ministers posed for a picture on Mrs Thorning Schmidt's mobile phone, prompting criticisms that it was unprofessional at such an event.

Some took to Twitter to voice their concerns over the behaviour. James Armitage wrote "What morons take a 'selfie' at a memorial service? Oh yeah that's right, Barack Obama and David Cameron."

Sarah McDermott accused David Cameron of having "zero class or decorum."

Later photos show Mr Obama swapping seats with his wife Michelle, fuelling claims that she was annoyed with his behaviour.

The picture was taken after President Obama paid an emotional tribute to Nelson Mandela, describing him as a 'giant' of history and encouraging world leaders to follow his example.

Yea, yea, nice excuses. There wasn't only one single photo from this scene. There were plenty of others, including some video screengrabs that shows it is more than one bad scene.

Guje   

nothing wrong with occasional smiling but he over does it and he comes off as juvenile and not really serious. he is a celebrity president anyway not different from the kardashians , selfie kulaha

thefuturenow;990589 wrote:
lol she knows Obama got thing for them white girls. Waa in ay isha ku hayso

Generally those classy white girls DO look better (in my opinions), I don't blame the man. Michelle is extremely sexy in her own right with her height.

Khayr   

Bama is in full flirt mode.

Cheek to cheekm smiles.

What can his wife do? She knows her role and has benefitted from it.

Hawdian   

Me thinks the media is again trying to make Michelle the angry black women who is always ready to defend hers. Stereotypes and American colonial past .