Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

What percentage of Somalis live abroad?

Safferz   

I love this thread because most people are just pulling numbers out of their arses, with no explanation whatsoever and feeling no need to provide evidence. Somalis :D :D

Safferz;988277 wrote:
I love this thread because most people are just pulling numbers out of their arses, with no explanation whatsoever and feeling no need to provide evidence. Somalis
:D
:D

There's 5 million Somalis in North America and another 10 million in Europe.

I know this because my Upti Liban told me this, and he never lies! Never!

Safferz   

DoctorKenney;988286 wrote:
There's 5 million Somalis in North America and another 10 million in Europe.

I know this because my Upti Liban told me this, and he never lies! Never!

I've only personally seen approximately 50 Somalis in Boston, therefore I would say it's about as many in Minneapolis and other American cities Somalis settle in that I've been to... so I would have to logically conclude that the Somali American population is about 300 people, based on my own observations.

But I did hear there's 2 million Somalis in London, and they even tell the mayor what to do.

Hawdian   

@ DocKenny - Upti Lupti you said well thats a good source like any other . I have personally met 10 somalis 2 Djibutian and 1 Eritrean today at Salatul Jumca count them in aswell.

Jacpher   

Blackflash;987847 wrote:
That's disgusting. How can you stand living next to a sexual deviant?

Get your head out of the gutter kid.

Wadani   

Hawdian;988292 wrote:
@ DocKenny - Upti Lupti you said well thats a good source like any other . I have personally met 10 somalis 2 Djibutian and 1 Eritrean today at Salatul Jumca count them in aswell.

Unless those 2 djiboutians were Afar, y wouldn't u just say 12 Somalis?

Safferz;988288 wrote:
I've only personally seen approximately 50 Somalis in Boston, therefore I would say it's about as many in Minneapolis and other American cities Somalis settle in that I've been to... so I would have to logically conclude that the Somali American population is about 300 people, based on my own observations.

But I did hear there's 2 million Somalis in London, and they even tell the mayor what to do.

Right now, its just a guess. No one really knows it for sure. The Somali Qurbo Joog's are at least Million +, since almost everyone and their HOOYO are abandoning the country for a better life somewhere else.

Add the high birthrate of Somalis in Dibadaha, and u got a very large sizeable comminity.

Haatu   

Jacpher;987691 wrote:
3+ people in my neighbor.

Blackflash;987847 wrote:
That's disgusting. How can you stand living next to a sexual deviant?

LOL :D

Safferz   

Nin-Yaaban;988319 wrote:
Right now, its just a guess. No one really knows it for sure. The Somali Qurbo Joog's are at least Million +, since almost everyone and their HOOYO are abandoning the country for a better life somewhere else.

Add the high birthrate of Somalis in Dibadaha, and u got a very large sizeable comminity.

I was just playing along after DoctorKenney's comment :P You're right, it's all speculation though we can get a sense of the numbers from census figures and other data. I just found it amusing that people were throwing out such random numbers.

Haatu   

NY, I don't know how many Somalis live abroad but there are loads and the numbers must be increasing fast. New arrivals aren't coming as fast as they used to but folks already here are reproducing like crazy. The average family has around 6-7 kids.