Sign in to follow this  
Classified

Islam banned in Angola

Safferz   

Khayr;987915 wrote:
Saff,

I enjoy your passionate debates.

However; why do you denying

things that you can not comprehend from your world poiny of view? i.e. From your historical view.

Its as if you take pride in the mention of an English-Man's sir name or first name (e.g. Margaret)

As to the Angola situation,

if they ban muslims from "political islam" then they are banning Islam. You can't pick and chose what you want from muslims and expect muslims to be tolerant of that type of discrimination and forseeable religious cleanising.

Huh? I'm not sure what you've been reading, I simply said there are Somalis with names like Margaret in my family in response to the denial of their existence. I don't know how you've read 'pride' into this, when in fact (had you asked me instead of assumed) I believe the particular forms of Christianity that arrived in Africa in the 19th century was Eurocentric and deeply racist for equating European culture with Christian belief and values. European names in Africa are part of that process of cultural colonialism.

Can you elaborate on what I'm denying here?

Re: Angola, that was an article I posted debunking the "Angola banned Islam" stories, not my own view. They did not ban Islam, contrary to internet hysteria. Political repression is a completely different discussion.

Khayr   

Saff,

You have insisted that Somali Christians were and continue to have a sizeable population that warrant recognition. It is a false conclusion based on nothing more than opinionation.

In the last century, there were missionaries that adopted Somali orphans and gave them anglo saxon names. However; that was a minute amount of Somalis and regardless - those Somalis rediscovered their Islamic lineage.

Our identity as Somalis is integrally tied to Islam. Take Islam out and you are just another African.

Khayr;987976 wrote:

Our identity as Somalis is integrally tied to Islam. Take Islam out and you are just another African.

can you please issue a fatwa against reer Djiboutian yaaki folks, then?

Safferz   

Khayr, I never said Somali Christians are a sizable community, I said they are a minority that deserves recognition rather than erasure and denial of their existence. No need to read in other meanings or interpret my words differently, when I've been quite clear on this point.

Jacpher   

^LOL. Hadda laga bilaabo dad baa markey maqlaan Safferz, madaxooda waxaa ku soo dhacaya Somali Christians :D :D

The hard truth is you'll probably never run into a Somali claiming to be a Christian back home today or anytime soon. So as the old saying goes, seeing is believing. It is sort of a rumor if people can't meet or see them on the streets. This is not to say they don't exist. But the story as it goes is just not more than a gossip and a word of mouth.

Enough about beating this dead horse. What was the topic about? Angola banning Islam? Good luck with that.

Khayr   

Saff,

You want to give validation for a group that need not be validated.

With your line of thinking,

you would validate hsexuals and pedophiles too. Just because they exist does not mean that we condone nor validate their choices and actions.

This is an important point to raise because liberalism validates all that is not a threat to it and you are an admitted Liberal first and foremost.

Safferz   

I'm trolling? I'm just baffled by the leaps in logic you'd have to make to type out a post like this, and think I'm the one trolling for finding it incoherent:

Khayr;988054 wrote:
Saff,

You want to give validation
for a group that need not be validated.

With your line of thinking,

you would validate hsexuals and pedophiles too. Just because they exist does not mean that we condone nor validate their choices and actions.

This is an important point to raise because liberalism validates all that is not a threat to it and you are an admitted Liberal first and foremost.

Anyway, as Jacpher said, enough beating the dead horse here. There's no point in continuing with this topic.