Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Somalia Al-Shabab claims Nairobi Westgate Kenya attack

Recommended Posts

Laba-X   

Very often, it's the weak-spirited that do the condemning and, very often, it gets them no where. Kenyan forces have been killing innocent Somalis, shelling refugee camps, destroying homes, raping women, and pillaging Somalia for nearly two years without even the slightest of condemnation. In fact, many of those who are now shedding tears over Westgate Mall were blithely apathetic to the Kenyan atrocities back then. Dry your eyes folks, Westgate was just a tiny fraction of what is inflicted upon poor Somalis civilians day in day out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wadani   

Laba-X;980176 wrote:
Very often, it's the weak-spirited that do the condemning and, very often, it gets them no where. Kenyan forces have been killing innocent Somalis, shelling refugee camps, destroying homes, raping women, and pillaging Somalia for nearly two years without even the slightest of condemnation. In fact, many of those who are now shedding tears over Westgate Mall were blithely apathetic to the Kenyan atrocities back then. Dry your eyes folks, Westgate was just a tiny fraction of what is inflicted upon poor Somalis civilians day in day out.

This is true no doubt. But it still does not justify what happened in that mall. Both these foreign mercenaries in Somalia, in the form of the KDF and AMISOM, and Al-shabaab are a menace to the region.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Laba-X   

Wadani;980177 wrote:
This is true no doubt. But it still does not justify what happened in that mall. Both these foreign mercenaries in Somalia, in the form of the KDF and AMISOM, and Al-shabaab are a menace to the region.

An eye for an eye, my friend. That is just retribution. What justifies the senseless killing of women and children in Jilib or Kismayo for that matter? Is the blood of Somali civilians any less valuable than that of the Kenyans? As for Al-Shabaab being a foreign mercenary - that's a load of rubbish and you know it yaa Wadani. They are the sons and daughters of this nation ee cirka kama soo dhicin dadku. furthermore, a great majority of them have never set foot outside the regions of Southern Somalia let alone outside Somalia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Che -Guevara;980156 wrote:
Both have not been seen in awhile, and there is a theory that XX and NGONGE might have been one and the same.

lol@XX and NGONGE being the same

 

NGONGE has not retired ; he was forced to retire as the separatist project he so readily endorsed is coming to a grinding halt.

 

Even Jacayl speaks with a muffled voice. Gone are the days with instant updates from Hargeysa and the didactic single lines...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baashi   

Laba-X;980187 wrote:
An eye for an eye, my friend. That is just retribution. What justifies the senseless killing of women and children in Jilib or Kismayo for that matter? Is the blood of Somali civilians any less valuable than that of the Kenyans? As for Al-Shabaab being a foreign mercenary - that's a load of rubbish and you know it yaa Wadani. They are the sons and daughters of this nation ee cirka kama soo dhicin dadku. furthermore, a great majority of them have never set foot outside the regions of Southern Somalia let alone outside Somalia.

Still -- you can't justify the wanton killings of innocent civilians. Anyone who knowingly and willfully kills innocent people is guilty of heinous crime. What transpired in Westgate mall is a grossly wicked offence. Understand it as such awoowe. Do not justify or rationalize the wicked. If Kenyan troops, as you say, have committed war crimes against civilians then they are guilty as you charged them. Document everything you know about these crimes, publicize the images, advocate for the victims...

 

Laba-X war Allah ka baq awoowe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wadani   

Laba-X;980187 wrote:
An eye for an eye, my friend. That is just retribution. What justifies the senseless killing of women and children in Jilib or Kismayo for that matter? Is the blood of Somali civilians any less valuable than that of the Kenyans? As for Al-Shabaab being a foreign mercenary - that's a load of rubbish and you know it yaa Wadani. They are the sons and daughters of this nation ee cirka kama soo dhicin dadku. furthermore, a great majority of them have never set foot outside the regions of Southern Somalia let alone outside Somalia.

I didn't say Al-shabaab was foreign, nor did I say the killing of Somali civilians by AMISOM and KDF is justfiied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Laba-X   

Baashi;980196 wrote:
Still -- you can't justify the wanton killings of innocent civilians. Anyone who knowingly and willfully kills innocent people is guilty of heinous crime. What transpired in Westgate mall is a grossly wicked offence. Understand it as such awoowe. Do not justify or rationalize the wicked. If Kenyan troops, as you say, have committed war crimes against civilians then they are guilty as you charged them. Document everything you know about these crimes, publicize the images, advocate for the victims...

 

Laba-X war Allah ka baq awoowe

Ah! Baashi, horta adeer salan qaali ah iga guddoon after such a long hiatus.

 

Denbi ma leh cadaawaha ninkii deli ka xooraaye

Darajuu Ilaahiis ka heli labada ******e

Dubku iima naxo nimay kufriga deris wadaagaane!

 

Now, you careful choice of language hasn’t gone unnoticed Adeer. When you say:

 

‘If Kenyan troops, as you say, have committed war crimes against civilians then they are guilty as you charged them’

 

Would I be mistaken in asserting that there is a hidden implication to the words “as you say” that suggest that you do not necessarily agree with me that Kenyan forces have committed heinous atrocities against innocent civilians in Somalia?

 

There is very little media coverage regarding Kenyan war crimes in Somalia, Baashi, but the atrocities are so immense that thousands of people from dozens of villages have been displaced. So if what transpired at Westgate was – as you say – wicked, then it must be agreed is that what took place in the refugee camps and villages in Southern Somalia was far worse and contemptible.

 

Keenyaan* waxaan meeriyoo malag laraadshaaba

Waxaan maylinka ululayoo micida ruugaaba

Inaan miigihii shalay lahelay mahad Alle sheega

Inaan guuto mawjada ahoo meheriyoo u geeyay

Oo aan magkalay duulku waa naga mutaysteene

Oo naan mareegaha ufuray mahad Alle Sheega

 

hadaba aniga sow maaha....

 

hadii seefo iyo maare iyo sumuc la ii qaato

cadaawuhu hadey igu salaan sakhara naareede

samci maayo sowdkaan ahayn siinka looxa ahe

 

I believe in the Law of Retribution yaa Baashi! weli sima bedelin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mombasa riots after Kenyan cleric Ibrahim Omar killed

 

At least one person has been killed in Kenya's port of Mombasa during clashes between police and those angered at the killing of a Muslim cleric.

 

At least four other people were wounded during the disturbances and a church was also set alight.

 

The cleric Ibrahim "Rogo" Omar and three other people were shot dead in Mombasa as they drove home on Thursday night after preaching.

 

It comes two weeks after the deadly attack on a Nairobi shopping centre.

 

Somali Islamist group al-Shabab, which is part of al-Qaeda, said its militants stormed the Westgate mall in the capital in retaliation for Kenya's military involvement in Somalia.

 

Mr Omar's killing is similar to that of Aboud Rogo Mohammed last year, which sparked days of rioting by Muslims in Mombasa.

 

Mr Rogo was alleged to have links with al-Shabab and some Muslims accused the Kenyan security forces of killing him - an allegation they strongly denied.

 

Click

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A summarised detailed report of how it unfolded wixii meeshaas ka dhacay on that day by the Guardian. Some excerpts of this report:

 

Confusing and government soldiers killing one another, shooting one another

 

Now with substantial numbers of military or paramilitary personnel on site, the authorities had not yet established a clear command and control structure. With no radio communications between army and police units, KDF soldiers opened fire on what they thought was an armed suspect – but who was in fact one of the commanders of the recce group. The man died, and three police officers and one soldier were wounded in the exchange. After this all units were pulled out of the mall and for the next two hours the operation came to a standstill as heated arguments raged that went all the way to the State House and the office of Uhuru Kenyatta, Kenya’s president.

Deliberately demolishing the building

 

That explanation was changed to say that a wire-guided anti-tank shell, an RPG-7, had been fired at one of the support pillars in an attempt to distract a sniper during an operation to rescue survivors from the mall. After the attack several Kenyan army soldiers corroborated this version of events. But a munitions expert cast doubt on it, saying that a weapon of this kind, capable of dislodging the central pillar of the building, would have seriously injured anyone standing up to 20 metres behind it, as well as wounding the person discharging it in a confined space.

 

Moreover, a private security contractor familiar with the operation said that directional explosives used in demolition jobs had likely been deployed to blast a square hole in the roof: "They decided that they were taking too many casualties and would drop the roof on them. There is no way that was an anti-tank munition," he said.

Rampant bililiqo by askarta

 

Shopkeepers and store owners returned to find their properties looted. A clothes-shop owner said even his mannequins had been stripped: “They’ve broken everything. All my money is lost over there. All the cash is lost. Everything is shattered over there, laptops gone, everything.”

 

A day later, footage emerged of the inside of Artcaffe showing scores of empty beer and spirit bottles littering the tables and lining the bar, where only Kenyan security forces had any access during the siege.

 

The owners of the second floor Millionaire’s Casino – who had emptied the safe while the siege was still officially underway – returned four days later to discover that while the premises were under government control someone had attempted to shoot their way into the safe.

Where are the attackers?

 

The Kenyan government continues to insist that five attackers were killed by its security forces, but has admitted that none of their bodies has been conclusively identified so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this