Sign in to follow this  
Samafal

Woman's Got The Power: As Somali Economy Struggles, First Female Bank Governor Yussur Abrar Takes Th

Che -Guevara;978741 wrote:
The time honored tradition of Somali bashing....

Every Somali is racist but me, every Somali is ignorant but me....

Honored by who ??

The few somalis who write here are not representative of the somali people. i would put them top 5 percentile

Che -Guevara;978741 wrote:

Every Somali is racist but me, every Somali is ignorant but me....

i see.

interesting.

you might want to add.....''i'm the smartest Somali, i'm the smartest of all the Somalis''.

check any editorials, opinions, articles or commentary on sites like wardheer, hiiraan or even SOL's politics section, and you quickly see the over usage of long and strange words. sometimes, it doesn't even make sense. how are people suppose to understand these articles? isn't the whole point of writing to communicate your message effectively, not to confuse your readers?

check this....

By Faisal A. Roble - http://www.wardheernews.com/book-review-clan-cleansing-somalia-ruinous-legacy-1991/

If the epic poems of Guba, “instigator” in Somali, documented the
internecine
small scale clan wars in the Hawd and Reserved Area in the 1890s-1920s........

WTF does that mean? why has Faisal Rooble used this unnecessary word?

Clan Cleansing in Somalia undoubtedly
serves as a repository for the historical origins and the memory reconstruction of mass violence in post-colonial Somalia

anyone? i'm confused. :D

Che,

abti,

i've seen you do this many a time......specially when you're losing the argument. BANG! the long and strange words come at you. they're almost like bullets. BANG BANG BANG. :P:D

^ my last thread was awful, i'd admit. i was guilty of wordiness. :D but the rest of my musings are alright, you know. :P

check this....

Aabahay Wa Inankayga Aabihii.....Sheeko Dhab Ah

Xamar's moral backwardness is evidenced in daily acts of baseness, vileness and depravity in both it's private and social sphere. nothing evidences this statement more than the following true story..........

it's the early 1990s and what remains of the capital city of the Former Somali Republic is divided into clan fiefdoms; demarcated and manned by clan militias. Xamaris fear to go beyond what their clan DNA permits. all over the city, terrifying picket-stops are firmly entrenched, fiercely avoided and fermenting fear. beyond this fear lies a deeper moral degeneracy, this story is re-countered below.......

a clan militia general wreaks havoc in the city of his birth and ancestry. his own family, including children, are displaced due to the civil war. years later, he savagely rapes his own daughter in a vicious attack, a daughter he has not seen in years and has since come of age. she gives birth to his son, oddly enough becoming the mother and sister of her boy. years later, the clan militia general becomes a businessman...... before eventually being appointed rather than elected as an MP in 2012, among Xamar's first legislators in 21 years, a government handpicked by a few oligarchs, who are themselves formerly corrupt war-lords with blood on their hands.

this moral depravity is widely accepted in Xamar Caddey. Xamar Caddey is now known for its depravity, its moral perversion, its impairment of virtue and moral principles.
the decadent luxury
and corruption among its decadent upper classes is testament to it's moral and intellectual degeneration. Xamar Caddey was once a great, great city it has now fallen into utter, utter
moral putrefaction
. sida wa la ficaanyahay.

this extraordinary tale will be published in a feature length book very soon.

LOOOOOOOOOOL@decadent luxury

what happens most of the time is just translate somali language into english, like today at the mosque a somali guy was sleeping and a kenyan guy kept looking at him, he got upset and sat up and told the guy, war go and do your business, he was literally translating bax shaqadaada qabso, instead of saying go and mind your business. :P

ElPunto   

Wish her all the best and laud her accomplishments. But I can't help feeling Somalis have become so thoroughly westernized that women/womanhood is celebrated only when they reach some high office. The best women I know are stay at home moms and they contribute most to society and future civilization. And they get the least notice from other folks especially fellow ladies.

Haatu   

Hobbesian_Brute;978753 wrote:
what happens most of the time is just translate somali language into english, like today at the mosque a somali guy was sleeping and a kenyan guy kept looking at him, he got upset and sat up and told the guy,
war go and do your business
, he was literally translating
bax shaqadaada qabso
, instead of saying
go and mind your business
:P

You at a mosque? Naga daa :D