Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Rethinking 9/11

I've noticed that this movement attracts a disproportionate amount of Muslims. Is this an inherent zeal for truth among the Muslim populace or is it brought about by the desire to remove negative effects the incident has had on the Islamic world? The latter seems like a perfectly rational response given its consequences, but I think everyone's motivation should be clearly stated before the inevitable hand-wringing begins.

I'll start by saying that I have trouble being objective considering my disdain of the American government and it's hypocrisy , but I can say with some even handedness that there is no way an attack of this magnitude slipped by what was then, and even more so now, the most extensive intelligence network in the world.

13 years since that day........can y'all believe that? that day will forever be etched in our memories. we've all been complicit in the outcomes. we're all guilty by conscious. we've all been tainted by it. i'd go as far as saying, it was probably.......... the greatest single event of my life. the tsunami was quite big as well and china's economic rise. beside that, everything has been related to, a result of, a by-product of, a consequence of 9/11.

13 years ago........ on this day, i was getting my haircut at my local barbers in North London. i was in secondary school. in march 2003, i took part in the anti-Iraq war demonstrations. in those days before 9/11, the world was simpler place. people were people and not so much as objects to be labelled and profiled. people irrespective of their perceived difference lived side by side and mostly in harmony, albeit, the problems of the day manifesting themselves differently. beards were tolerated. even Sufis were considered Muslim. the 'ethnic' aspect of cultural diversity was desired for its 'apparent' difference. in the years and months preceding this seismic event, life was better, relatively speaking, that is..................

now, life is a joke. humanity has left this world. difference is othered. tensions are high. intolerance is the name, suspicion is the game.

i wish this event didn't happen. but it has.13 years ago today.

1 min silence for the people affected on both sides of this global mashruuc. for the sons and daughters indoctrinated to below up their fellow Somalis. for the victims of the attacks. for the doctors, nurses, hospital staff and for the street cleaners forced to clear up after another attack. for all lives lost. for a better tomorrow. indeed.