Sign in to follow this  
Oz

World Cup 2010 Final qualifiers

Oz   

vuvuzelasouthafrica_275x155.jpg

As the South Africa fans trumpet their Vuvuzelas, here are the some of the qualified teams and how they got there.

Hosts: South Africa,Not having to lift a finger to qualify for their own competition.

Countries that have qualified are:

Europe:

England,Capello's side were consistently impressive as they won 9 out of their 10 games.

Germany,The Germans sealed their place with some gritty performances and some dominant home form.

Spain,Arguably the best side in the competition.

Serbia,A shock group winner after holding off France.

Netherlands,Wrapping up qualification early with a 100% record.

Italy,Not the most convincing in terms of form.

Slovakia,top of the group and book their place at their first international competition.

Switzerland,With a point enough on the final day, the Swiss lost only once - to minnows Luxembourg.

PLAY-OFFS: Seeds: Russia, France, Portugal, Greece. Non-seeds: Ireland, Slovenia, Ukraine, Bosnia-Herzegovina.

South America

Brazil,Favourites in the group, Dunga's men made sure of qualification without dominating.

Paraguay: Winning seven of their eight home games, Paraguay surprised many by easing through the qualifiers with wins over Brazil and Argentina.

Chile: Getting to a World Cup for the first time since France '98.

Argentina: After making a meal of qualifying, including a horrible final run, Maradona's men made it by beating Uruguay away in the last game.

PLAYOFFS: Uruguay.

North America

Mexico: A perfect home record and no real surprises.

United States: cruised through by virtue of an impressive home record.

Honduras: In the most dramatic of conclusions on the final day.

PLAYOFFS:Costa Rica

Africa.

Ghana: Dominant home form from the Black Stars kept them at the top.

Ivory Coast: A commanding qualification from the Elephants, as they did not lose a game in either group stage on their way to the finals.

didierdrogba20091011press_275x155.jpg

PLAYOFFS:Egypt/Algeria, Cameroon/Gabon, Tunisia/Nigeria.

Asia.

Australia: Hammering all before them at home.

Japan: Finishing as runners-up behind the Socceroos.

South Korea: Looking to emulate their successes of 2002,topped their group.

Korea DPR: Getting through for the first time since 1966, when they famously beat Italy.

INTERCONTINENTAL PLAY-OFF: TBD (Nov. 14): New Zealand/Bahrain (0-0 after first leg).

DIDIER! Go Cote d'Ivoire!

N.O.R.F   

Forget all that. The Prem is back and we need a win vs Sunderland. I will take notice of the World Cup when it gets underway.

N.O.R.F   

^I often do during International breaks saxib. Big fan of England but gave up on them after Euro 2004 failure (their best chance for many years). 2006 was a joke. 2010 I won't even bother with the hype until kick-off.

Norfsky is a typical Brit, seemingly always better when the topic of international football is broached :D . The playoffs should be entertaining the match that I'm looking forward to the most has to be Algeria- Egypt. I'm hoping the Algerians hold on and get through to the WC.......For you Arabic speakers here's a video of Amr Adib causing yet another controversy this time regarding his opinion of the Algerians: Qahera Al Youm

BOB   

I must watch Egypt Vs Algeria...That is the biggest game in the world tomorrow 14th Novermber 2009...

We must beat the Algerians by two clear goals and then we'll be on our way...Come On Pharoahs.

PS. I hope Egypt qualifies...I really do.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Oo adiga Af Carabiga kuma warami aqaantid miyaa? ar lee waa ceebowdee day...oo maxaad ku dukan hadaa af carabiga ku warami aqoonin iyaa?

Peace, Love & Unity.