Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Muhammad Farah wins 10,000m title at World Championships in Moscow

Mo Farah wins 10,000m title at World Championships in Moscow

Double Olympic champion Mo Farah won his first 10,000m world title with a brilliant sprint finish in Moscow.

The Briton, 30, powered down the home straight to win in 27 minutes 21.71 seconds at the World Athletics Championships.

Ethiopia's Ibrahim Jeilan, who beat Farah in Daegu in 2011, took silver and Kenyan Paul Tanui the bronze.

Farah is expected to try and repeat his London 2012 distance double by defending his 5,000m title next week.

"I had the experience from two years ago," Farah told BBC Sport.

"I knew I just had to cover every move and the guys were going to go out there to take a lot out of me. I was just digging in, digging in.

"It was nice to come out here and win it. Training's been really hard.

"I've spent a lot of time away from my family and when I came home for the Anniversary Games, my little daughter didn't even recognise me. But it's definitely been worth it."

Mo Farah wins world 10,000m title in close finish in Moscow

• Briton finishes strongly in time of 27min 21sec

• Farah pushed hard in the final straight by Ethiopian

The Observer, Saturday 10 August 2013 16.34 BST

Mo Farah

Mo Farah crosses the line to win gold in the men's 10,000 metres final at Moscow. Photograph: Julian Finney/Getty Images

Mo Farah won gold in the 10,000m at the 2013 IAAF World Athletics Championships in Moscow in a time of 27min 21sec.

The race began at an easy pace over the first 2,000m, after which Farah moved effortlessly to the front, a tactic that brought two Ethiopian runners forward to increase the speed. Farah then settled in between his two training colleagues, Dathan Ritzenheim and Galen Rupp in the middle of the stretched-out field.

The first 5,000m were covered in a gentle 13min 49sec, which entirely suited a very relaxed-looking Farah, with nobody apparently willing to take the initiative.

The Kenyan Moses Tanui led the field for several laps and into the last 2,000m, before Farah moved again to the front with four laps to go.

Ritzenheim and Rupp briefly passed Farah, but the Briton worked his way to the lead with two laps to go and Rupp a protective presence on his shoulder.

As the bell sounded, Farah stretched his legs and kicked, but Ethiopia's Ibrahim Jeilan came strongly on to his shoulder, and for a moment it looked less than a foregone conclusion.

Down the home straight, though, the Briton found an extra ounce of pace to add the world championship to his Olympic title.

Maqane   

I was watching the live Championship this morning (UTC+01:00) but i left it after 10min. M markaas gadaal buu socday

I'm still proud of him and i hope he's not using any kind of performance-enhancing drugs. Congrats baan dhihi lahaa :)

Alpha Muhammad farah gets the best training ever even though bille was good, he never received the training the brits give to Muhammad farah.Muhammad farah will go down in the history books as the best long distance athlete the world has ever seen. The Brits should consider to knight him. He defeated the double champion Ibrahim Jeilan the Ethiopian.

Xaaji Xunjuf;972946 wrote:
Alpha Muhammad farah gets the best training ever even though bille was good, he never received the training the brits give to Muhammad farah.Muhammad farah will go down in the history books as the best long distance athlete the world has ever seen. The Brits should consider to knight him. He defeated the double champion Ibrahim Jeilan the Ethiopian.

gartay. taas shakii kuma jiro. silly of me to assume the double Olympic champion is drug cheat, maha?

how highly do you think he ranks as the greatest Somalilanders of all time?

The Zack   

LOL@the title. Just say an I Mo Farah intaad leedahay "SOMALILANDER..". Illeen qabiil umbaaad ka wadaaye..

Good for the fella! Magaca haka haleeyn ninka..

The Zack;973020 wrote:
LOL@the title. Just say an
I
Mo Farah intaad leedahay "SOMALILANDER..". Illeen qabiil umbaaad ka wadaaye..

Good for the fella! Magaca haka haleeyn ninka..

What , this is the title mala waad yara indho la 'adahay

Muhammad Farah wins 10,000m title at World Championships in Moscow

Who talked about Qabil this is a sports thread. no where does the title of the topic says Somaliland.

War ileen inaga wax aragnay.