Sign in to follow this  
GAROODI

Kacaan distortion of Somali history exposed: who were the Dervishes??

Wadani   

Haatu;969410 wrote:
I'm still confused as to what Gaaroodi and his SNM brothers' point is. Are they saying the Daraawiish was not a clan movement but a national movement (even though everyone knows this) or are they saying Idaajaa & Co. left out doorkii SNMka in the movement?

What we're saying is the history of the Daraawiish has been used to lionize certain Somali clans and alienate and stigmatize others, even though there is no evidence to back these claims up, except waxay afar oday oo isku hayb ahi jeebabkooda kala soo baxeen.

Didn't Landers make a camel corp and help the British? Aren't they till this day saying Mad Mullah was a thief, criminal etc. and that the British were protecting them?

Haatu   

Wadani;969416 wrote:
What we're saying is the history of the Daraawiish has been used to lionize certain Somali clans and alienate and stigmatize others, even though there is no evidence to back these claims up, except waxay afar oday oo isku haby ahi jeebabkooda kala soo baxeen.

Then why not make your point quietly and educate the people (I doubt anyone really needs educating on this) without all this bruhaha and clan vitriol? Mise you blame the actions of a dictator and those on his payroll on a whole clan?

Mad Mullah has a point as well. Laba meel baad kasoo hadleysiin. Marka hore mowqifkiina ku aadan Daraawiishta kasoo heshiiya then come back to us.

Wadani   

Mad_Mullah;969417 wrote:
Didn't Landers make a camel corp and help the British? Aren't they till this day saying Mad Mullah was a thief, criminal etc. and that the British were protecting them?

looool, Mad Mullah walaal, u clearly haven't read this through this thread. Yes, SNMers were in the camel corp. But so were D-blockers, what's your point? And as for SNM painting the Mullah as a criminal, you'd be surprised how much of D-block viewed him before the Kacaan revisions took hold among them. Read some of the poetry of Cali Dhuux and Qamaan Bulxan to get an idea, as these two were his contemporaries.

Haatu;969410 wrote:
I'm still confused as to what Gaaroodi and his SNM brothers' point is. Are they saying the Daraawiish was not a clan movement but a national movement (even though everyone knows this) or are they saying Idaajaa & Co. left out doorkii SNMka in the movement?

It was not a national movement it was a religious movement inspired by the Meccan Sheikh of the Saalixiya order Muxammad ibn Salax.

Haatu have u ever read the book of Aw jamac he wrote 3 books r read his 3 books and read the seventeen trips through Somaliland and just compare the 2 books. You will be surprised start with his book Taariikhdii daraawiishta iyo Sayid Maxamed Cabdille Xasan, 1895-1920.

There were so many missing points fabrications of events on who took part of what raid and complete new creations of Khusuusi members. Also from 1909 until 1915 Aw jamac minimized the attacks the Dervishes raided much of the Garaad clan and took their stock. While those attacks were the most deadliest.He also created new fictive members who mere junior members of the Dervish movement. Most of his books and records were 50 years after the dervishes were defeated. If there was an actual Somali source at the time of the wars we could have taken that into consideration but this is not the case.

Wadani. Aren't trying to lionize your own group? You can't accuse people of the very thing you are doing. If you want to do some justice, take broader view. Don't hit us with my clan were supreme leaders.

Mad_Mullah;969417 wrote:

Do you know in 1901 when the dervishes attacked Jigjiga who were on the side the Menelik forces , who tried to Kill the Mullah and called him a laangaab only his closest cousin and uncle were on his side and let him escape. Actually your greatest poet Qamaan buxlan called him a thief to , The Mullah took Qamaan bulxans most beautiful wife after dagaalki dayuuradaha and they fled to Ethiopia.

Haatu   

Wadani;969420 wrote:
looool, Mad Mullah walaal, u clearly haven't read this through this thread. Yes, SNMers were in the camel corp. But so were D-blockers, what's your point? And as for SNM painting the Mullah as a criminal, you'd be surprised how much of D-block viewed him before the Kacaan revisions took hold among them. Read some of the poetry of Cali Dhuux and Qamaan Bulxan to get an idea, as these two were his contemporaries.

I can confirm this. Many of his own clan (OGs) fought against him at the time. We have to be fair folks. As for a change in attitude, that I don't know.

GAROODI   

^^^ I think you guys are side stepping the issue The dervish according to the British other the Abdulle Hassan was a entirely lander led as i have proven to you without doubt using first hand accounts not d block as argued by idaja and aw jamac. d block was the greatest victims of the dervishes as i have proven to you. They killed the las canod folk, raided them, killed their tribal chiefs and left them destitute and in feeding centres in burco and Berbera. History shows even the first cities bombed were lander and taleex was the last etc. there were fort commanders and foot soldiers of various tribes but according to the British top leadership were landers. So how did it come to be that a stable boy who was 14 at the time and Abdulle Hassan the greatest folaay of all time (the man who ran away from taleex and left his own family behind as stated by British intelligence documents) are hero worshiped by the d block??? And not one mention of the men who actually led the movement and died and the hag leaders barried in taleex as well.

Haatu   

^You just called the sayid a fulay and said nothing about the "Top Landers" in the movement. That in itself is the reason no one takes your crap seriously. And no one hero worships the sayid. All Somalis respect him for fighting for his land.

Wadani   

Che -Guevara;969422 wrote:
Wadani. Aren't trying to lionize your own group? You can't accuse people of the very thing you are doing. If you want to do some justice, take broader view. Don't hit us with my clan were supreme leaders.

Che, i'm not trying to do that. All i'm saying is the history of the daraawiish belongs to us all. We all had and still have pro and anti daraawiish elements in our clans. But the Kacaan inspired historians paint a different picture, which is inaccurate and unfair to my clan. Wallahi If SNM historians had done this to D-blockers I'd be upset about it too. I'm an objective realist who bases his opinions on facts and not clan bravado.

Wadani   

Haatu;969418 wrote:
Then why not make your point quietly and educate the people (I doubt anyone really needs educating on this) without all this bruhaha and clan vitriol? Mise you blame the actions of a dictator and those on his payroll on a whole clan?

Mad Mullah has a point as well. Laba meel baad kasoo hadleysiin. Marka hore mowqifkiina ku aadan Daraawiishta kasoo heshiiya then come back to us.

I'm not blaming your whole clan. Where'd you get that idea from. I'm blaming the historians from your clan who were given license by the Kacaan to rewrite Somali history as they saw fit.

Garoodi adiguna u need to slow down on generalizing entire communities you are missing the entire point yes aw jamac and his version is far from the truth. The Dervish movement did not care about clan their objective was not achieving clan interest but an Islamic dervish state in the horn. The dervish attacked every clan they saw it was either join them or be attacked so the Garaad clan is no exception they did the same with the maakhir clan the burco clans the hawd clans and so on. You are not trying to correct historic mistakes made by other authors u are just trying to alienate other communities which is wrong and to down play their role in the movement.

Wadani   

Xaaji Xunjuf;969444 wrote:
Garoodi adiguna u need to slow down on generalizing entire communities you are missing the entire point yes aw jamac and his version is far from the truth. The Dervish movement did not care about clan their objective was not achieving clan interest but an Islamic dervish state in the horn. The dervish attacked every clan they saw it was either join them or be attacked so the Garaad clan is no exception they did the same with the maakhir clan the burco clans the hawd clans and so on. You are not trying to correct historic mistakes made by other authors u are just trying to alienate other communities which is wrong and to down play their role in the movement.

I agree. Gaaroodi needs to take a more balanced approach.