Sign in to follow this  
ANWAR

Why I support I Somaliland

ANWAR   

Somaliland has solid legal grounds to become an independent state. Somaliland's case don't violate the African Charter which calls for the respect of colonial borders, Somaliland inherits the borders of the Somaliland British Protectorate. Somaliland was briefly an independent country recognised by UK and other Commonwealth countries from 26 June until Somaliland voluntarily united with the former Italian colony of Somalia on July 1st 1960.

Somaliland has stablished itself as a beacon of peace in a region known only to be instable and war-ravaged. Somaliland's coast line is safe from Piracy. Somalialnd enjoys peaceful coiexistance with its neighbouring countries namely Ethiopia and Djibouti.

Somaliland has a credible democratically elected governments, one of few in the African continent.

Somaliland deserves to be recognised for its history as an independent country and for its home ground institutions. The world should reward good governance and encourage democracy in Africa, hence i support Somaliland.

ANWAR   

Carafaat;968156 wrote:
Anwar, adna ma waxa ka naxday the air control institution moving to Hargeysa?
:D

hahah :D stick to the topic now hahah

It is wrong and against humanity to decide people's future on the basis to save guard some other country's interest. It should be the people who live in that area to decide about their future like Somaliland people did back in 2001 when an internationally observed referendum was conducted and an overwhelming 97% decided to seperate from the rest of Somalia. The international world and rest of SOMALIA should respect the will of the Somaliland people & accept their country as they accepted South Sudan & Eriteria. Besides, Somaliland as ironically known to the whole world achieved the best deomcratic system on any African Soil with very strong peice & stability and good goverance with their own Passport & Currency.

I wonder what more it takes for the world to recognize this country that is indeed a gem among stones. Is it human to reward peice & democracy or Chaos & Tyranny.

Carafaat   

*ANWAR*;968158 wrote:
hahah
:D
stick to the topic now hahah

It is wrong and against humanity to decide people's future on the basis to save guard some other country's interest. It should be the people who live in that area to decide about their future like Somaliland people did back in 2001 when an internationally observed referendum was conducted and an overwhelming 97% decided to seperate from the rest of Somalia. The international world and rest of SOMALIA should respect the will of the Somaliland people & accept their country as they accepted South Sudan & Eriteria. Besides, Somaliland as ironically known to the whole world achieved the best deomcratic system on any African Soil with very strong peice & stability and good goverance with their own Passport & Currency.

I wonder what more it takes for the world to recognize this country that is indeed a gem among stones. Is it human to reward peice & democracy or Chaos & Tyranny.

Anwar, sir, I pay my respect to you. It takes a lot of courage to re-evaluate ones own point of vieuw, not follow the mainstream popular vieuws and try to understand things from a diffrent perspective. Ileyn, ila yooma qiyaamo isla meeshi ma taagnaan karno. That is the same reason why I have always said that I oppose Somalilands international recongnition. Hadii wallaalkey ii aqoonsan, waxba kuma faliyo imana dhadhamiso wallahi. Aqoonsi ajanabi muxuu tariyaa hadii dariskii iyo wallalihii aney u arkin faido.

Aqoonsiga Somaliland wee iney ka doonato Somaliya. Which is what they are talking about.

*ANWAR*;968154 wrote:
Somaliland has solid legal grounds to become an independent state. Somaliland's case don't violate the African Charter which calls for the respect of colonial borders, Somaliland inherits the borders of the Somaliland British Protectorate. Somaliland was briefly an independent country recognised by UK and other Commonwealth countries from 26 June until Somaliland voluntarily united with the former Italian colony of Somalia on July 1st 1960.

Somaliland has stablished itself as a beacon of peace in a region known only to be instable and war-ravaged. Somaliland's coast line is safe from Piracy. Somalialnd enjoys peaceful coiexistance with its neighbouring countries namely Ethiopia and Djibouti.

Somaliland has a credible democratically elected governments, one of few in the African continent.

Somaliland deserves to be recognised for its history as an independent country and for its home ground institutions. The world should reward good governance and encourage democracy in Africa, hence i support Somaliland.

You are a good man Anwar

ANWAR   

Naxar Nugaaleed;968160 wrote:
don't violate? what kind of English is this?

oo No, the old grammar nazi is back

Thats good Brother Anwar , for the bond between brothers to grow Somalia and Somaliland and if we really want a stable and a more progressive horn of Africa, it is better for both of the country to restore relations. And no longer waste time on other issues i always say the union in 1960 was done real fast no one really thought of it , if the union could be made so fast i am sure on Somalias side it can be dissolved real fast to. For Somalia its also good Somalia will have more resources for its people it will have a smaller population which makes it more economic vibrant. Its a win win for both this is a good step, i think you are the first ever person from Somalia on SOL who supports Somaliland quest for statehood., we salute you and ramadan kariim.

ANWAR   

Carafaat;968164 wrote:
Aqoonsiga Somaliland wee iney ka doonato Somaliya. Which is what they are talking about.

I agree, but they deserve it no matter what the rest of us Somalis feel

I still don't see why the UN would agree. It's peaceful? Since when was that a necessity to break away? Look at Kurdistan which is MUCH richer, has a proper army, a real capital, real tourism, oil = a real economy and not based on money sent back from UK benefits.

Get with the program and find a real reason why they should accept you as a breakaway state. South Sudan had oil, and less safety than Somaliland but they were accepted.

GAROODI   

We don't give two sh"ts like we said a million times recognition is not the be all and end all. The Kurds live in 5 countries not only in Iraq and they have what they want: the south Sudanese fought for independence for over 38 years. You have no clue what your talking about a lot emotion not enough reason. Somalia has recognition what has it done. " I recognise you" does it fix your billion and one problems no.