Sign in to follow this  
ANWAR

Sisters of Somalia

Tallaabo   

Very sad documentary. One of the women workers said they received 10 to 15 rape victims daily !! I wish all the mindless criminals behind this crisis were gathered in one place and obliterated with mustard gas. They belong in a mass grave.

Marksman   

I wonder what 22 years of chaos has done to the psyche of the men and boys on how they view Somali girls/women. They must think so low of them. 10 - 15 rape victims daily is insanely high. And the figure must be higher because of the taboo and shame that exists.

Even when women are covered head to toe they are raped. It doesn't even help.

Sometimes I don't understand why Somalia is on number 4 or 5 of the worst places to be a woman. It should be number 1.

Marksman;966236 wrote:
I wonder what 22 years of chaos has done to the psyche of the men and boys on how they view Somali girls/women. They must think so low of them
. 10 - 15 rape victims daily is insanely high. And the figure must be higher because of the taboo and shame that exists.

Even when women are covered head to toe they are raped. It doesn't even help.

Sometimes I don't understand why Somalia is on number 4 or 5 of the worst places to be a woman. It should be number 1.

Nothing has changed, if your old enough to remember Xamar pre war times, girls and women would routinely be raped on their way to the market, coming from school, and poor girls hawking cajiin also bore the brunt of these attacks. any society that makes something natural like relationships a taboo and scarce product is inviting trouble, these kinds of social problems are rife in Muslim countries, it not hard to understand why.

Tallaabo   

The savaging defiling these innocent women and girls at gun point know that regardless of whatever crimes they commit, they will always be accepted by the society as honourable men. They kill and their clan bails them out with blood money, they rape and their clan elders smooth talk for them with a little compensation for the horrified victim, they rob and loot and their relatives pay to release them from custody, they bring down their nation and their clan stand with them shoulder to shoulder. Contrast this with the status of the woman and the picture is bleak. No wonder with such outrageously backward culture as their only worldviews, characters like Xiin, C & B, and the other useless trolls have spent time and energy trying to convince us that homosexuals will bring about the end of the world.

warsamaale;966239 wrote:
these kinds of social problems are rife in Muslim countries, it not hard to understand why.

stuff and nonsense, sxb a woman is raped every 2 mins in the USA, the mother of freedom and democracy, 55000 women are raped annually in South Africa a christian country which has been crowned the capital rape of the world. the top 10 countries are NOT MUSLIM COUNTRIES. saying that, I am appalled with these rapes in Somalia and it should be stopped at any cost.

http://www.causes.com/causes/7710/updates/47448

http://listen.nycagainstrape.org/learn.html

600px-International_rape_rates_2002.jpg

Do you really think that rape victims are as forthcoming in reporting their in Saudi Arabia as they would be in Canada? I thought spousal rape wasn't even recognized in Saudi Arabia. That graph seems to be rather disingenuous.

On topic: It's good to see more people being made aware of the festering problem. I think that with an adequate justice system, many of these rapists can be held to account, but even in countries with the harshest penalties for rape, there exists these class of animals who will prey on others to fulfill whatever compulsion they may have, so self-defense is the only true protective measure, preferable a firearm to level the playing field.

Marksman   

Al Shabaab stones women that have been raped and accuses them of adultry. No sane person would dare to say they have been raped.