Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Aljazeera: 40,000 refugees of Mogadishu origin fled to capital of Somaliland Hargeisa

Saalax   

Somaliland leaves Somalis in limbo

Breakaway state's disputed independence leaves Somali refugees ineligible for aid.

Mohammed Adow, in Hargeysa, Somaliland

Somaliland's disputed independence has left hundreds of Somalis ineligible for UN aid and unrecognised by Somaliland's government.

Hundreds of Somalis fled recent fighting in Mogadishu, the Somali capital, taking shelter in the relative safety of Somaliland.

According to the UN, fighting in Mogadishu has displaced about 400,000 people.

An estimated 40,000 of those have fled to Hargeysa, Somaliland's capital, with thousands of others scattered in other settlements throughout the territory.

Fatuma Abdullahi, one of the refugees, told Al Jazeera: "I fled from the Bakaara area of Mogadishu during the heaviest fighting in April. It took me 16 days to reach Hargeysa. I am here with some of my family members while others are still in Mogadishu."

"There is no going back for me. I am here to stay," she said.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2007/05/2008525185419254144.html

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Saalax   

Stick to the topic Oba Hiloowlow, take your childish rants somewhere else.You lower the IQ of this forum.

Saalax   

I know it is a touchy subject for you as a person from Mogadishu as some of those refugees still remain in Somaliland as of 2013 but try not to lose your marbles Oba.

Saalax;962175 wrote:
I know it is a touchy subject for you as a person from Mogadishu as some of those refugees still remain in Somaliland as of 2013 but try not to lose your marbles Oba.

To quote one of the most powerful somaliland politician:

“Xamar baa loo yaacayaaye Xamar ma Qurbaa, hada waxaa la’iisheegay mar aan Nairobi tagay dhalinyarta Hodheelada Xamaroo dhan ka shaqaysa ineey yihiin kuwii reer Somaliland” ayuu yiri Feysal Cali Waraabe.

sxb ha caroonin muqdisho waa caasimadaada ileen just

tumblr_mbek9qcQUZ1rcm3yuo1_500.gif

Salax

poor People running from violence is not something to brag about , Member in the 80s it was the people from Hargesa seeking shelter in Mogadishu by thousands ..........

Today in Mogadishu the youth and adults from North are finding better jobs and wages in Xamar and are Happy .........Soon Silaanyo and waarabe will be also going to Nation Capital .......................

Saalax   

Malistar Thousands of refugees of Mogadishu origin still remain in Somaliland. If life got better in Mogadishu as you say, why are they refusing to leave?It wasn't long ago when it was being reported economy has gone down in Mogadishu, save the fairy tales for elsewhere. No one is bragging here just the facts. Somalilanders were not hosted in the late 80s in Mogadishu infact they were attacked there, 55 Somaliland business people, graduates lost their lives there in 1989.

Dr_Osman   

Salax somalilanders have not only fled to Mogadishu but they are fleeing to Puntland and being employed in the shoe industry and other metal sectors. They're doing well.

9:03-11:20

Saalax   

In your dreams Osmano. We put your kind the pirates from Puntland in rehab and labour work in Somaliland jails. ;)

2187 wrote:

AlJazeeraEnglish

Almost 40 convicted pirates are detained in the Somaliland facililty, where the UN is trying to rehabilitate them. In 2012, more than 100 attempted hijackings were stopped and dozens of pirates were captured. But Somaliland is one of the few countries in the world willing to take any responsibility for them. It may be easier to capture pirates out at sea. But now the world has to work out what to do with them here on land. Al Jazeera's Nazanine Moshiri reports from Hargeisa, Somaliland.

Rehab for Somali pirates in Somaliland jails