Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somalilanders should introduce these kind of tradtional clothing

Somaliland elders in the 40s 50s used to wear the Arab traditional clothing i believe it was fashion back than but i dont like this i like the white all white clothing this is brown black all colors

1775681443_3f3f78a86e.jpg

2nm0s8z.jpg

16i8eoh.jpg

2n9do46.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnI6uFxKppt5UQ6-DcROl

But i like this

DSC_2101-web60-copy.jpg

Somaliland elders mullahs and traditional elders are already taking my advise

u_106457d_2013-7-29-11-27-43f_d2.jpg

u_106457d_2013-7-29-11-28-13f_d1.jpg

u_106457d_2013-7-29-11-30-18f_d5.jpg

u_106457d_2013-7-29-11-33-21f_d10.jpg

u_106457d_2013-7-29-11-42-5f_c3.jpg

u_106457d_2013-7-29-11-31-52f_d8.jpg

u_106457d_2013-7-29-11-33-21f_d10.jpg

u_106457d_2013-7-29-11-40-58f_C1.jpg

They just need to lose the silly hat and those who were wearing a macawis, and they need to wear a white Turban, and than they are good to go

Xaaji Xunjuf;971281 wrote:
^Now you are insulting me and calling me the son of a pagan Galla?

How am I insulting you? You're an Oromo. Sinjiyadaada lagama cararo. Embrace it. Be proud of it. Not ALL Oromos are non-Muslim. So, I'm not insulting you, my Oromo friend.

Any way no need to derail the topic and talk about gallas , we should go back to the topic the topic is neither about me nor about the galla peasants.

i've said it many times before......the term 'Somali' has to all intent and purposes, become harmfully soiled forever, and calling your country ''Somaliland'' – combines the two prong legacies of colonialism and the failed reunification and subsequent events proceeding. anything with 'somali' evokes negativity and wreck any potential progress and development. for 22 years the name ‘Somaliland' has crippled our destiny, aspirations and collective will. we are at a critical juncture in our history and it's important we change everything to be different from these ''Somalis''.

few suggestions for national traditional clothings.......

418642838_114.jpg

High_quality_men_Islamic_clothing_Fashio

Alpha Somaliland has more right to name themselves Somali than the Koonfurians the nomadic way of Somali culture is integral part of Somaliland heritage. Somaliland is the only country with 100% Somali speaking people Djibouti has afar and french speaking people. Somalia is more diverse more than 25% of the population is not even from the ethnic Somali society. The language the nomadic culture is Somalilands, there are many things Somalia and Somaliand are different , when it comes to ethics political culture history nationality traditions. Even the traditional clothing the Sabaaxili hat is not even part of our custom and traditional clothing. Odayaal at the age of 80 told me we never wore those saabixili hat but when we went to Kenya many afro hashimiates went to Kenya to find jobs there in British east Africa. Thats how they got into contact with the saabixili hat. So i believe the name Somaliland stays its very good name Somali and land we are Somali speaking people and this is our land.

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;971357 wrote:
i've said it many times before......the term
'Somali'
has to all intent and purposes, become harmfully soiled forever, and calling your country
''Somaliland''
– combines the two prong legacies of colonialism and the failed reunification and subsequent events proceeding. anything with
'somali'
evokes negativity and wreck any potential progress and development. for 22 years the name
‘Somaliland'
has crippled our destiny, aspirations and collective will. we are at a critical juncture in our history and it's important we change everything to be different from these
''Somalis''
. /img]

There is no word more beautiful than "Somali" :mad:

XX,

abti,

we've given them the flag and they've ruined it. we've given them literature and music, and they still do the niiko. there's a moral corruption of sorts about koonfurians. let them have the 'somali' identity as well. its ruined thanks to them. waar daadkan waa dameeroow ee naga daa, abti.