Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

Somali Women

Recommended Posts

Safferz   

Misogyny underpins patriarchy and the belief in male dominance. It's BS, and there's nothing natural about male supremacy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haatu   

Safferz;960524 wrote:
Misogyny underpins patriarchy and the belief in male dominance. It's BS, and there's nothing natural about male supremacy.

Well we won't agree here then. Men are the heads of households. This is a natural and historic fact. I don't see where misogyny comes into it other than from inferior creatures who have to manifest their manliness by oppressing women.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wadani   

Mad_Mullah;960544 wrote:
Stopped reading at 'Arab Religion' saxib, don't come here and go back to World Star Hip Hop.

huh? Bro hadaadan af ingriisi garanayn maxaa af soomaali kuu diiday?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reeyo   

You know what's truly sad and absolutely impossible to figure out. Somali women are by far the main orchestrates of this oppression. They nurture and breed this oppressive culture at such imperishable way. I find myself at odds and waging regular battles with my aunts and female relatives about my rights as a woman and my liberal believes of equality.

 

And most times you've got to just bow down to show respect and honor and accept these cultural expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wadani   

Reeyo;960805 wrote:
You know what's truly sad and absolutely impossible to figure out. Somali women are by far the main orchestrates of this oppression. They nurture and breed this oppressive culture at such imperishable way. I find myself at odds and waging regular battles with my aunts and female relatives about
my rights as a woman and my liberal believes of equality
.

 

And most times you've got to just bow down to show respect and honor and accept these cultural expectations.

Equal how? and in what ways? Throwing around the amorphous term 'equal' without backing it up with concrete observable and emprically verifiable facts is meaningless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Safferz   

Wadani;960816 wrote:
Equal how? and in what ways? Throwing around the amorphous term 'equal' without backing it up with concrete observable and emprically verifiable facts is meaningless.

You're really going there with your argument?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think what Reeyo means is that most Somali mothers, grandmothers, and aunts put their sons on a pedestal. They give him an undue amount of respect simply because he's a boy. These young boys, combined with a lack of a father-figure to instill discipline in the boy, and due to the mothers never requiring their sons to do anything, it corrupts the mindset of the boy, who later grows up to become a man.

 

These mothers baby their sons. I've actually seen it happen in front of me.

 

These boys don't do anything. They don't clean the dishes, vacuum....they don't even clean up after themselves! And if you combine this lack of responsibilities with a lack of discipline---it results in this young boy growing up to be a man who is misogynistic. This man feels entitled to be treated a certain way by his future wife, and he begins to view her as simply a tool to get what he wants. The misogynistic men I know are often the ones raised in a poor way by their mothers and not having a father present. Its a fatal combination

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All i can say to yall is...........I love u all nomad ladies!!

 

U the best!! I never met a xalimoo from the south, however, i be waiting to meet yall 2, but I love all my homie gals from the north, north-west, and north-east that i met so far....u ladies showed me what i was missing!! Yall kol.

 

U nomads ladies r the best!!

 

PS: I remember the first that i met, my first xalimo in nite club!! Some Djbouti gal!~~ its was a freaking nitemare!!

lol...... we had a big fight due to lingo issues!! well...i might have said some shyte 2!! Yall know how frenchie mofo...r2 sensitive i say....

 

However, I called her couple of nites later, fixed it, next weekend, she was my roommate!! really thru story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is part of the story and has only has become a factor in the last 30 years mainly. the somali culture is closer to arabian culture even before islam came. yeah but islam institutionalized their second class status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

warsamaale;960876 wrote:
this is part of the story and has only has become a factor in the last 30 years mainly. the somali culture is closer to arabian culture even before islam came. yeah but islam institutionalized their second class status.

What is up with all these SOL members constantly trashing Islam on this forum ? Do you guys not have a Deen ? Were you brainwashed by your secular professors to view Islam in a certain way and not think for yourselves?

 

Use your reason and stop referring to all these liberal talking points. Fear Allah, reflect on your life and this universe and the fact that you will return to Him. You will reach the obvious conclusion. I don't know what else to say. I cannot tolerate these cheapshots on Islam on SOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this