Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Mullah

Why I prefer my kids to grow up in the Middle East [video]

Coofle   

Mad_Mullah;959995 wrote:
Obsession? You're probably one of those Faraxs that can't wait for their kids to appear on World Star Hip Hop to prove how 'westernized' we've become. My father spend more than a decade in The Middle East, so did I. It's like saying London Malis are obsessed with UK/Canada etc.

I don't think there is better place to raise your kids than Somali speaking continent! ... mind it Djibouti, Somaliland , Somali Region of ethiopia or NFD...other places are all the same...

its all about identity , I would want my kids to have somali identity, not that they wither their lives while having Identity crisis (those born and raised in middle east have the lowest self esteem and are confused about their identity)...

If you are not planning to take them back to Waryaa-land then as a parent start creating somali environment at home, Make them love Being somali outside Somali continent. its a difficult task, but it needs devotion, time and perseverance.

don't know better place than west; have no rights in the gulf once you have problem with natives,they can't even go to universities unless a citizen.Egypt is just too dangerous,kids might be stolen and all that's available in the west can be found here.With the xenophobia in S.Africa,won't trust Africans, infact there was article today on how Kenyan army raping & torturing refugees.Same in Ethiopia,you could end up in jail anytime & rot without even knowing the case even thou give 5 star for refuge tolerance.I have seen a friend who stayed in Tanzania for 20 yrs and even worse,he told me they remind you often that you came to rob them.There's no place like home.Either stay in the west or move to bigger cities like Mogadishu or Hargeisa......you find everything you wanted including good education,beautiful & cheaper homes.

^^

Buraha - I think most of us here agree home is best, but since home is now kaput and we have been scattered to the four corners of the world, relatively speaking (all very relative), where is/are the best places to raise Somali kids as we wander the desert/qurbaha for the next 40 years and wait for our own Moses to deliver us to the promised land....ps: i got it into my crazy head that all will be well by 1991 + 40=2021, we are slowly whittling down the 40 years of wandering kkk

Incidentally your name reminds me of one of my all-time favourite songs by one Nimco Jaamac aka Nimco Jabuuti called buuraha u dheer...any connection to Jabuuti or the song?

NGONGE   

It's all bilaad Allah. Mad Mullah prefers what he knows (which is only natural). I personally have no opinion on the subject. I'll bring them up wherever life takes me (and them).

You can't trust the westerners just like you can't trust the Africans. Look at Greece, if poverty hits the UK/Europe the first people they will blame are the immigrants. Groups like BNP will take over and start A) Killing every Muslim, Sikh and Black person B) Have more mercy and kick us out.

I hope by the time I have kids, Somalia will have gone past the tribal state, with Xamar again being the capital.

Aaliyyah   

I agree with Che that there is no substitute for good parenting. Similarly there is no substitute for good neighborhoods. No matter how good you are at parenting, if you are raising your kids in the ghetto ku talagal in environmentkaas ilmaha ka saameeso.

Simply put, be a good parent and choose a good neighborhood despite the country you choose. Inta ka dibna Alle talo saaro. There are no gaurantees in life.

Mad_Mullah;960537 wrote:
You can't trust the westerners just like you can't trust the Africans. Look at Greece, if poverty hits the UK/Europe the first people they will blame are the immigrants. Groups like BNP will take over and start A) Killing every Muslim, Sikh and Black person B) Have more mercy and kick us out.

I hope by the time I have kids, Somalia will have gone past the tribal state, with Xamar again being the capital.

Right, we all agree home is best.

@Qansax.....I'm Burcawi ,haven't Seen Jabuti except the Airport.

I was born and lived in the UAE most of my life and looking back at my family it's obvious that it's not easy to raise a family there. You're a transient in the ME, you can't establish any roots there and after years at any moment you have to leave. The locals are arrogant (and racist) and the disparity in wages is comical. If you graduate from the same university expect to get paid 20% of what locals get paid there. At least you can think about the future if you settle in the west but in the end the upbringing of your kids is your responsibility, you can't shift the blame to society.