Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Mullah

Puntland tribe in Oman

Odey   

Why argue about this?, if these folks are from PL, so what?, We have Landers in TZ that went as part of British Forces etc. They are no different from them.

Oops!, silly me, I forgot, the only reason you are all arguing against this thread is because it is not about Somaliland?. Come on!, this is crazy

Saalax   

The difference is the Landers in Tanzania, Kenya some of them third generation Sijuis are connected to their Somaliland roots.Even those who don't even speak Somali identify themselves as Somalilanders, Somalis. While this whole thread is about some people having identity crisis in Oman around the corner and identifying themselves as a "Omani ethnic group" while carrying their clan names. It is absurd.

The Somalilanders in Tanzania and Kenya are proud people who are connected to Somaliland and hold May 18 parties every year, they go to Somaliland for vacations a lot also.

Ibtisam   

Somalis spread like the Jews- now if only we could be as effective as the Jewish communities who have risen to the top of each and every country they settled in.

Suldaanka- about the Somali Indians in Hyderabad- you might be on to something- in all of my travels across India, it was the only place I was welcomed and treated nicely- but then again they might just be the nicer people! lol

The Indian Jews are doing really well, in a country of many Gods, one more does not make a difference- most of the Hindu worship places have the star of David in the symbols.

N.O.R.F   

The Somalis in Oman are highly respected and have direct access to the Sultaan (who was looked after by Somalis when growing up).