Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Mogadishu Does not Like IGAD Report

Culusow reads it , and gives it thumps down.

He understands who lost here, and I agree. Somalia lost big. But Culusow is wrong; it was Somalia, and not Kenya or Ethiopia that requested an IGAD meeting to resolve for internal political disagreement. So in essence the president has been humbled...

It looks after returning from Adis, his men are talking in a different tune or so says the reports out of Kismayo. Today teh ministers were released from the Airport per Ahmed Madoobe's reqeust after they agreed that there is only one Jubbaland administration. Whether thier agreement was out of convenience to get into the city or out of realization this game of theirs is no longer sustainable and is causing them great deal of embarrassment remains to be seen.

But one fact is clear, Ahmed Madoobe and Fartaag are insisting that there is no way the outcome of a two year democratic process can be committed to the flames ...they are the legitimate leaders of Jubbalalnd state.

Mooge   

Therefore, the IGAD Secretariat has been mandated to mediate the Federal Government (Mogadishu) and the Kismaio stakeholders. The use of the distinction between Mogadishu and Kismaio groups/parties brands the Federal Government as a faction.

looooool. this is the first thing I said on this forum when the IGAD report was posted. loool. I recieved many private messages of people saying I was spinning. Even my friend Abwaan talked to me. people didn't understand the points I was making that the report legitimized Madoobe and jubbaland as the only stakeholders that the SFG has to talk with. :)

this is is what I said to Abtigiis that day.

ninyoow i see the report differently than laymen HAGist Da**adiists around here. this report actually legitimized Madoobe. He is the key and main stakeholder and others are "minority that their voice should be heard" according to IGAD. that is big ninyoow. it was a big win for the president of jubaland, Mr. Madoobe. he was legitimized in the process.

Mooge, though most of us don't care really about IGAD communiques , still it is interesting that the president who moved mountains to fight Jubbaland in regional theaters, almost making it the number priority of his government has been handed a diplomatic shoo away.

In its most elementary reading, IGAD communique says : Mr. Hassan this is a Somali problem , we think you should solve it by talking to the stakeholders in that region.

xiinfaniin;956431 wrote:

In its most elementary reading, IGAD communique says : Mr. Hassan this is a Somali problem , we think you should solve it by talking to the stakeholders in that region.

isn't that a bit disingenuous on IGAD's part given they have at been at this for at least the last 2 years...

^^It is , and it is expected. The joke is on the president who for some bizarre reason made his priority to abort a reconciliation process to establish a federal state whose leaders repeatedly say we are part of SFG :D

What did he get by seeking outside help ?

Duufaan   

Hassan gets crazier as days goes by. With successful five months campaign in international arena which he got everything he wanted. His collapsing now and acting unprofessional. The sweet talking Hassan does not really understand how diplomacy works in twenty first century. Claiming there is differences between Ugandan and Kenyan forces. Does not he understand why Ugandan and Kenyan forces are in Somali first place and who paid for? They are here same reason and same object with big actors behind it.

Hassan stabilization plan which architectured by interior minister and his close people were alarming to begin with. it only consist eleven regions and two districts. He told international community he will concentrate beyond Gaalkacayo and that followed Saacid visit in Garoowe and somaliland Ankara accord. Hassan plan of southern Somalia was first alarmed by khaatumo and disrupted by Jubaland. This is not what he planned. Jubaland has complicated and stopped.

Now one could think Hassan would revise his plan but he only energizing moqdisho community against Jubaland. Hassan has a chance to compromise with those jubaland leaders by asking them to shorten their length of service, instead four years, just two years. Order the parliament to come print plan for creation of federal states with his influence by arguing clan federalism will never work

If he does not change the course he will end one of Kenyan embassies where he will be humiliated and told what to do.