Sign in to follow this  
Daqane

Puntland Government Position on Natural Resources in Somalia

I agree, that is why I don't agree with the types like Somalia ( the SOLER ) who demonize the HAG Communities and insult them gratuitously but what will you say about the types like Haatu, a sijui living in NFD who never interacted with the said clan spouting off nonsense accusing PL'ers of all the ills in Somalia, when the opposite is true. something else is at work.

Haatu   

Tillamook;955679 wrote:
War maxaad u kala hadleysaa
? You say you would rather have a decentralized state, and in the same breath you turn around and proclaim Somalia will remain a failed a state unless we have a "national governent" meaning..it should remain centralized.
Haatu
, It is best when debating a point to know exactly what it is you're trying to debate.

Now putting aside your bipolarity. Faroole does not want "a looser type of federalism" as you say. What Faroole wants is simply what he signed up the people of Puntland for when he took part in the road map that led to our current federal system. Nothing more, nothing less!(I keep repeating this, because I want you to get it through your head this simple fact, which it seems you find difficult to do so)

And finally, your last statement that you believe all Somalis have equal rights to all the resources in Somalia. NONSENSE!

Saaxiib, what is mine is mine and what is yours is yours! Now if you want us to share our respective resources equitably and fairly, and help each other develop and thrive under the umbrella of the Somali Federal flag, then welcome. Otherwise,
adaa cirka roob ku og
!

A national government i.e. a government for ALL of Somalia. And without such a government we will be a failed state like the previous 20+ years. Why is this hard to understand?

Faroole is complaining for the sake of complaining. The central government in Xamar has messed up with J/land but they haven't as far as I know said they reject federalism or changed the constitution. As for Culusow's remarks that federalism and the constituion are not set in stone until an afti qaran, I agree 100%.

As for your last point, sheer backwardness is all that comes to mind. If you want to be rich and retire in comfort in your country with your camels, Somalis must share resources because some regions are barren deserts (such as yours), whereas others have mighty rivers and cultivated fields, some have oil and some don't etc. There's plenty to go round.

Baashi, we're assuming the government has at least some honest intentions here.

Wadani. To see the insanity of Somali hatred and politics, one sometimes needs to forget other tribes. Just examine your own tribe, the hatred within them, the sense of supremacy of one sub-clan over another, the entitlement by some and supposed of inferiority of others The point is this thing goes deeper. And it's like with other tribes large or small.

There's one thing I find interesting. A Somali person is most honest when you talk together one on one and as people iskuma ceeb qarino hence we are no mystery. The insults and hate that the larger blocks direct at each other exists within them.

Haatu   

warsamaale;955691 wrote:
I agree, that is why I don't agree with the types like Somalia ( the SOLER ) who demonize the HAG Communities and insult them gratuitously but what will you say about the types like Haatu, a sijui living in NFD who never interacted with the said clan spouting off nonsense accusing PL'ers of all the ills in Somalia, when the opposite is true. something else is at work.

And when have I said PLers are the cause of all the ills in Somalia? As for me not interacting with the said group, how do you know? If you're going to troll, then at least try and do it intelligently.

Warsamaale. I think we need to understand and I would advise Haatu not confuse these kids on SOL or diaspora for the actual communities in Somalia and not also lumped the leadership with the people. The hateful kids in diaspora can not speak for the actual people in any Somali region and the leadership is not representative of the people and their aspirations. I hope reasonable people will be cognizant of that and i am sure Haatu is reasonable.

I would say of the time I know Haatu in the forum, he expressed or demonstrated any hate towards any group.

I dont believe there are hatred tribes or loved tribes its all in your heads guys.

Its about some somali tribes wish to engage with each other and love to discuss with each other because they have conflicting interests.

Laakin i dont believe cid ba is neceb nor the so called somali poltiticans ba is neceb

Haatu;955692 wrote:
A national government i.e. a government for ALL of Somalia. And without such a government we will be a failed state like the previous 20+ years. Why is this hard to understand?

Faroole is complaining for the sake of complaining. The central government in Xamar has messed up with J/land but they haven't as far as I know said they reject federalism or changed the constitution. As for Culusow's remarks that federalism and the constituion are not set in stone until an afti qaran, I agree 100%.

As for your last point, sheer backwardness is all that comes to mind. If you want to be rich and retire in comfort in your country with your camels, Somalis
must
share resources because some regions are barren deserts (such as yours), whereas others have mighty rivers and cultivated fields, some have oil and some don't etc. There's plenty to go round.

From a baseless and wild allegation such as "Faroole and co want the balkanization of Somalia" to a more nuanced statement like "Faroole is complaining for the sake of complaining"--is indeed proof that progress has been made in your education, Mr.Haatu :D

Now back to the topic at hand, we do not need a "national" government for Somalia to succeed. And for your info, Somalis have never had genuine national government. I know they tried to implement one right after Somalia gained independence and we all know how that project ended. Federalism is the only viable option we have left to us to move forward. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's gonna be a walk in the park. In fact, it will be very difficult, as the Jubaland issue proves, but in the end we will thrive under it.

Finally, back to my "barren" lands. Walaale, my barren desert is mine and I am content with it. I am not the one looking to get to take control of other people's lands and resources. I am ready and willing to share my meager deserts with you only if you're willing and ready to share your lands of milk and honey with me under a federal resource sharing agreement where justice and equality is ensured.

Anything else is a non-starter!

ElPunto   

Che -Guevara;955677 wrote:
Warsamaale. Some of the most hateful people I know come from these two communities and their views of other Somalis the south in particular pushes the limits of decency.It is not the politics of other Somalis that they pick on but it's the people themselves. So to portray these people as victims is to absolve of them of the role in this debacle that's of Somalis. They dish out as much as others do. Others pick more on their politics, these people mostly pick on others not for their politics but for tribal backgrounds or aspect of supposed behaviors. Just look comments on the Somali President, more often than not, it's not his actions that are being condemned or discussed, it's his tribal background that's automatically interjected into the discussion, this is followed by insults against his tribe which the admins seem to be tolerate these days, and this Hag and that Hag.

And by the way, examine any Somali discussion forum including SOL, who is fanning the hatred, just look here, most of them individuals who preach hate claim to be from Somaliland and Puntland, I don't wanna name names but just look who posts most topics insulting others and promoting hate, and there are like in every forum.

Jeez - you're condemning others for generalizations and here you are making them. Why don't accept each person's 'generalizations' as valid and leave it at that.

Mario B   

Tillamook;95570 wrote:

Finally, back to my "barren" lands. Walaale, my barren desert is mine and I am content with it. I am not the one looking to get to take control of other people's lands and resources. I am ready and willing to share my meager deserts with you only if you're willing and ready to share your lands of milk and honey with me under a federal resource sharing agreement where justice and equality is ensured.

Anything else is a non-starter!

That is not what Faroole and co are proposing.