Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland: France Invites President Silanyo for Talks in Paris

Somaliland: France Invites President Silanyo for Talks in Paris

Wednesday, 22 May 2013 16:41

President Silanyo and Amb de Poncins after meeting in HargeisaPresident Silanyo and Amb de Poncins after meeting in Hargeisa

HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – "Your Excellency I hereby extend an official invitation for talks with the highest levels of authority in Paris whenever your schedule allows"

This invitation was extended by the in-coming French envoy to Kenya, Somaliland and Somalia Ambassador Etienne De Poncins at the presidency in Hargeisa where he had presented his credentials to the head of state.

According to Amb De Poncins who is the first full-fledged Ambassador both to Somaliland and Somalia in 25 years , this is the first direct engagement with both countries and that the French republic has a lot of interests in Somaliland be it political or commercial.

Said he "Apart from economic interests in Somaliland from French companies, the government of France intent's to enhance Cultural exchange such as promoting the French language, economic development, bilateral and political relations with Somaliland,"

The visit by the French ambassador comes a day after another high level one made by the EU ambassador to Somalia and Somaliland in which the EU informed of its continued interaction with Somaliland directly.

Analysts say that the recent flurry of activities seen in the country from western authorities is a direct result of boycotting the Somalia conference held in London on 7th may as well as the banning of UN flights after UNDP handed over this country's airspace management to the Mogadishu based government.

Somaliland:President Silanyo Receives French Ambassador

Silanyo with French Envoy

By Goth Mohamed Goth

President Ahmed Mohamed Mahmoud (Silanyo) today in the Presidency received the republic of France Ambassador to Kenya, Somalia and Somaliland Ambassador Etiennce De Poncins, Hargeisa.

President Silanyo and French ambassador held lengthy discussions in which they explored ways to enhance future bilateral relation between the Somaliland and the republic of France.

“I on the behalf of the people of Somaliland express our gratitude for the support of the French government through the EU ,Somaliland needs foreign investment in order to grow our economy and increase the business opportunities ,I do hereby take this opportunity to invite foreign investors to come and develop the natural resources in our country,” Said President Silanyo.

Ambassador Etiennce De Poncins who is the first full-fledged Ambassador both to Somaliland and Somalia in 25 years after his meeting with Somaliland leader told reporters, this is the first direct engagement with both countries.

The French Ambassador went on to say “Firstly on behalf of France ,I want to congratulate you on the marking of your national day, secondly i also commend the people and government of Somaliland for the accomplishments made in the areas of security, democracy investment, rule of law, the fight against piracy and good governance.

“Apart from economical interests in Somaliland from French companies, the government of France intent’s to enhance Cultural exchange such as promoting the French language, economic development, bilateral and political relations with Somaliland,” stated Ambassador Etiennce De Poncins .

Lastly the visiting French envoy extended an official invitation to President Silanyo from the French government to visit France in the near future; to date apart from the USA which deals with Somaliland separately through the dual track policy, France is the first Western Europe country to clarify it separately deals with Somaliland and Somalia others are expected to follow suit in the future.

Click the link below to listen to the press briefing

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3w4t1c

Somalilandpress.Com

I am not fan of having relations with Israel its a very sensitive issue although we can have unofficial relations where we buy arms from the Israeli arms company's. The Israelis manufacture one of the best weapons in the world.Maybe SL should purchase 20 Merkava tanks.

But i prefer Somaliland to cooperate with the french there is already a french bank operating in Somaliland and the french are good folks in my book.

i'd hardly call CAC a bank, inaar. plus the banking law has yet to be passed by parliament.

recognition is the number one objective bro. the french are useless.

Its still a bank recognition is one thing but SL must always maintain good relations with the Europeans particularly the french. Somaliland should ask the french to train their naval forces there are many ways the french can assist Somaliland when it comes to security and investments. In 2010 the Israeli ambassador to Ethiopia and Dr bidaar held talks he initially agreed to allow Israeli journalists in the country. But because its a sensitive issue the israeli journalists were told to leave the country afterwords. i am for unofficial relations with the israelis but not official relations.

RedSea   

Xaaji Xunjuf;953604 wrote:
France and Somaliland are brotherly nations Somaliland must and will cooperate with the french

Xaaji bro easy with this phony statements. Somaliland haday cid walal yihiin waa kuwaa qalbacanta qaban ee Somalia.