Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Gedoweb: Kismaayo is left to which bloodless coup succeeds.

Gabbal   

Men like Xiin and Zack have relied on Gedoweb consistently to endorse a Gedo pro-Jubbaland conference narrative, much to my amusement really. They called the medium informed and brave.

That same medium has broadcasted an editorial which I now endorse as being the closest to the truth. They say Ahmed Madoobe's blood less coup and delegitimizatiom of a process they have supported for years in the making has resulted in a simultaneous blood less coup from President-elect Barre Adam Shire. They conclude by analyzing it is ninkii roon reerka ha u haro.

Nasiibka Jubbaland,Doqonimada Axmed Madoobe, iyo Soo Noolaashaha Col Hiiraale

NGONGE   

Gabbal, is Barre doing a Cali Mahdi here? :D

So far, all you've told us is that he declared that he's the president of Jubbaland. But how does he plan to keep this job and does he have enough backing to protect him against the obvious backlash that is about to come? Or is it only empty talk? Give us more, saaxib.

NGONGE   

^^ There is a story to be had here though, Naxar. :D

Reuters, 15/05 23:59 CET

By Drazen Jorgic

MOGADISHU (Reuters) – A former Islamist warlord was declared president of Somalia’s southern region on Wednesday, something likely to upset the government in Mogadishu as it tries to assert its authority.

Although Ahmed Madobe, leader of powerful Ras Kamboni militia, fought against the al Qaeda-linked militants that tried to seize control of the country, he is not viewed favourably by the central government.

Hours after the constitutional assembly in the volatile Jubaland region elected Madobe president, a rival warlord who is widely seen to be backed by Mogadishu, Barre Hirale, declared himself to be the president.

Madobe and Hirale are backed by rival clans competing for control of the strategically important port city of Kismayu.

“There is a risk that Somalia will be split along clan lines,” said one Western diplomat, who expressed concern that the al Qaeda-linked al Shabaab may benefit from any clashes between rival militias.

“As we get closer to building a federal state in Somalia, we actually risk it disintegrating,” the diplomat said.

Madobe was a former governor of Kismayu during an administration that was routed by Ethiopian forces sent into Somalia between 2006-2009 with tacit U.S. backing.

His Ras Kamboni militia has fought alongside Kenyan troops over the past year, flushing al Shabaab out of their strongholds in the south.

Ras Kamboni has been unwilling to cede to the central government control over Kismayu where rival warlords fight to be able to tax charcoal exports to Gulf states and levy duty on imported contraband, including weapons, sugar and electronics.

“These two ‘presidents’ of Jubaland are both warlords who are actually proxies for Kenya and Somalia. We could be on a precipice of clan warfare, if not regional conflict,” said a regional intelligence source.

The government did not comment on the election but Abdirahman Mohamud Farole, president of Puntland, another semi-autonomous region which has a fractious relationship with Mogadishu, congratulated Madobe on his election.

(Editing by Robin Pomeroy)

http://www.euronews.com/newswires/1957616-former-islamist-warlord-elected-president-of-somali-region/

Dabrow   

This coup d'etat by Madoobe will not be recognized in jubbalanders eye. As much this kenyan stooge wants to believe in his title. We dont.

I been hearing that the two jubbaland signatories Aw Libaax and Prof Ghandi are in meeting with President Barre right now and working a solution to manouver out Madoobe. They are furious at madoobe.

People are being ruled by emotions here, that region is a wasteland due to the continuous battles between subclans and some of the posters here (Gabbal, Dabrow, etc...) would rather have the house burning than see saner heads prevail. hiiraale can say whatever he wants but he doesn't have the power to oppose Madoobe, Madoobe is already appointing his administration and that's where he can consolidate his power. I expect all this consternation to fizzle away soon.

Dabrow   

Homunculus;950790 wrote:
People are being ruled by emotions here, that region is a wasteland due to the continuous battles between subclans and some of the posters here (Gabbal, Dabrow, etc...) would rather have the house burning than see saner heads prevail. hiiraale can say whatever he wants but he doesn't have the power to oppose Madoobe, Madoobe is already appointing his administration and that's where he can consolidate his power. I expect all this consternation to fizzle away soon.

Expect whatever you want but dont say im wishing for war. Nobody is. What Im saying is that Madoobe election will not be acccepted because he cheated and cant fool noone but himself.

Dabrow;950791 wrote:
Expect whatever you want but dont say im wishing for war. Nobody is. What Im saying is that Madoobe election will not be acccepted because he cheated and cant fool noone but himself.

Supporting a warlord like Hiiraale is calling for war, what do you think will happen if that guy persist with this. I have no links to Jubaaland and I'll not gain anything if either of those people become president, but I'd rather have the person most likely to fix that region become president.

Dabrow   

Homunculus;950801 wrote:
Supporting a warlord like Hiiraale is calling for war, what do you think will happen if that guy persist with this. I have no links to Jubaaland and I'll not gain anything if either of those people become president, but I'd rather have the person most likely to fix that region become president.

Madoobe is warlord aswell, so going by your logic, you are calling for war aswell? Before beating a dead horse, even Reuters acknowledge the fact kenyan stooge madoobe is a warlord.

"MOGADISHU (Reuters) – A former Islamist warlord was declared president of Somalia’s southern region on Wednesday, something likely to upset the government in Mogadishu as it tries to assert its authority."

As you see your arguments mount to nothing and kenyan stooge madoobe will not fix this region because he dont have the legitimacy to do so. Either A there will be re election or B the people will continue oppose his rule and support president Barre Hiraale.

I agree that Madoobe (to a lesser degree) is a warlord but - as an outsider- I see his chances in forming a government down there is much higher, he has the power and the arms, Hiiraale just arrived couple of weeks ago on a false pretense. The situation will devolve unfortunately, and the people there will be the biggest losers.

Dabrow   

Homunculus;950814 wrote:
I agree that Madoobe (to a lesser degree) is a warlord but - as an outsider- I see his chances in forming a government down there is much higher, he has the power and the arms, Hiiraale just arrived couple of weeks ago on a false pretense. The situation will devolve unfortunately, and the people there will be the biggest losers.

The problem is the distorting of reality. Madoobe mount to nothing in this region withoutt the backing of KDF. This creates a fake and artificiell powerbalance. Infact he dont have the power and the arms to form a goverment in this region and if people oppose his rule then his chance is slim to 0.00 procent you get my point. Therefor it is important to bring a lasting solution before the sitaution gets out of hand.