Sign in to follow this  
SomaliPhilosopher

Woqooyi Jilib

Of course I am aware their is nomadic life outside of the North and the advantages of staying with your family. .. perhaps there is an interest for Somalis to explore and establish relations outside of their zone of comfort...

xaajii have you fell victim to your qurba joog identity and lost your Somali way... instead of welcoming with open arms and taking joy in my interest in your home area you push me away with your suspicious undertone. War naga tag the basic tenant of Somali miyi life as saxansaxo said is hospitality. You have showed me nothing but the opposite.

Haatu   

XX is a shame to his people and tribe. Instead of welcoming travelers he pushes them away. Uf dheh!

No but you failed to answer my questions and i also dont know your interest in Somaliland why do you want to come there it sure is not for nomadic life because you can find nomadic life culture in Somalia and Ethiopia to. You are a very strange fella

Haatu;953429 wrote:
XX is a shame to his people and tribe. Instead of welcoming travelers he pushes them away. Uf dheh!

Not pushing any one away just asking questions haatu

D.O.C   

I think we SOLers should differentiate between politics and culture. My limited history is telling me, somali people are very hospitable and that does not comprise to only one qabiil. Yes, we have a differences in politics but as a culture we are the same from south-north, and west-east. I think the most hospitable people in Somalia are reer mudug, I have never been there in my whole life but I have been advised by my dad. But all in all, Somali people especially miyiga is extremely welcoming people.

XX, inaar you driving a one gear opinion in every thread, you need to change the tone adoo raaliya b'coz this is not politics it is the opposite.

Who said this is about politics , i was just wondering what his sudden interests was in Somaliland. By the way Somalis do not all share the same culture we have to define what is culture first.

As for the reer miye culture , reer miye people are very welcoming but there is a catch, when there is a new reer passing by and traveling they will welcome them have talks pray together and share the food. But when they say they are leaving they will always say war inaga hubsada ila iyo tuulo hebel gaadsiya ambay soo duulaan.

D.O.C   

Xaaji Xunjuf;953457 wrote:
Who said this is about politics , i was just wondering what his sudden interests was in Somaliland. By the way Somalis do not all share the same culture we have to define what is culture first.

As for the reer miye culture , reer miye people are very welcoming but there is a catch, when there is a new reer passing by and traveling they will welcome them have talks pray together and share the food. But when they say they are leaving they will always say war inaga hubsada ila iyo tuulo hebel gaadsiya ambay soo duulaan.

Ok xaaji, you define the different Somali culture for us and I follow your instructions. I, and SP don't get on when it comes to politics and he knows it, but in this particular thread he acquired the cultural miyi woqooyi which is totally different from somaliland people at the same time can be included. It's more collective word for reer guraa oo cidkasta leh.