Sign in to follow this  
SomaliPhilosopher

Woqooyi Jilib

Hayeeeeee nighty night.

Folks, my inquiry still stands despite futile attempts to derail this threat

What wooqoyi miyi community would be the most welcoming towards a konfurian qurba joog like me? In terms of teaching me the nomad way, rich culture, tolerating my qurba joog Somali, for a couple month stay.

Haatu   

Go and stay with a family friend/relative or something and have them take you to the miyi. If not, Alpha's always desperate for visitors :D

Coofle   

Waryaa SP...If you are interested in language Go for the Hawd area, if you are interested in Culture go for Western Somaliland.

Just asking is Somaliland the only nomadic land u know u can go to Somali galbeed u can go to Puntland galmudug , Why Somaliland? What is your business in Somaliland i am wondering?

Carafaat   

Wadani;949954 wrote:
Live among the swand-dwellers. They have done a good job of preserving the pristine reer miyi culture and lifestyle. But then again, I am biased.
:D

Dont go to there. They neither have goats nor cows. :D

Carafaat   

Xaaji Xunjuf;951018 wrote:
Just asking is Somaliland the only nomadic land u know u can go to Somali galbeed u can go to Puntland galmudug , Why Somaliland? What is your business in Somaliland i am wondering?

Xaaji, you sound like an officer at the Passport Control. :D

Haatu;950182 wrote:
Go and stay with a family friend/relative or something and have them take you to the miyi.

^^This. They don't even need to come with you, they can just speak to them and it'll suffice.

I'm sure you will benefit from your trip regardless where you go. Reer miyigu weligoodba dad qoladooda aheen way arki jireen, martidana regadless their tribe way wanaajiyaan. One of the things i love about them is that- their generousity & hospitality. Waxaaba surtoowda in marka lagu haybsado in lagu garto ama meel un in aad iska soo gashaan intermarriages or acquaintances .I came across a geeljire from mudug in ceelasha dhoqoshay in togdheer region. That's what i love about the place, you would see people from far away places. Unless there is a intense conflict (qof laga dilay, iyo mag aan la bixin) going on with people from your tribe/subclan, you should be fine wether its wayooyi or koonfur.

Let us know how it turns out and do write about your experience.:)

Maaddeey   

SP, you don't need to go to Waqoyi to see the nomad life. There's more Baadiyo in Koonfur than Waqooyi sxb. Qabiilkaaga lee sheeg baadiyihiinna anaa kuu sheegaayee. :)