Sign in to follow this  
nuune

Somalia gets ownership of its AIRSPACE

nuune   

The best news after the recent news of the re-launch of Somali Airlines.

Somalia takes full control of its airspace.

The UN and its Kenya office handed over control of the airspace.

I am getting this information from a former Somali Airline Captain based in Nairobi, it is a breaking news, will post if any articles becomes available, if anyone can find any, please post them here.

remember, the merceneries at Nairobi office who manages Somalia's Airspace used to collect $400 dollars for any plane entering Somalia's Airspace, on daily bases, on average 200 planes enter Somalia's Airspace.

Hiiraan ayaa saaka aroortii ka qortay qoraalkan

-----

Xukuumadda Somalia oo Markii ugu Horreysay Muddo 20-sano Maanta lagu Wareejiyay Maamulka Hawada Somalia

Isniin, May 13, 2013 (HOL) — Xukuumadda Soomaaliya ayaa maanta si rasmi ah loogu wareejiyay maamulka hawada Soomaaliya iyo qaadista canshuuraha diyaaradaha maraya hawada Soomaaliya, kaddib 22-sano oo xafiiskan ay maamulaysay Qaramada Midoobay.

Wasiirka warfaafinta, isgaarsiinta iyo gaadiidka Soomaaliya, Cabduulaahi Ciilmooge Xirsi ayaa warbaahinta ugu sheegay gudaha garoonka diyaaradaha ee Muqdisho inuu socdo kulankii ay Soomaaliya kula wareegaysay howshan.

“Maamulka hawada Soomaalida iyo canshuuraha diyaaradaha ku safara hawada Soomaaliya waxaa muddo 20-sano ka hor lagu wareejiyay hay’ad ay maamusho Qaramada Midoobay oo saldhiggeedu ahaa Nairobi, maatana waxaa lagu soo wareejiyay dowladda Soomaaliya,” ayuu yiri wasiirka oo sheegay inuu socdo shir looga hadlayo arrintaas.

Ciilmooge wuxuu hadalkiisa ku daray in tani ay qayb ka tahay dadaallada ay ku doonayso xukuumadda Soomaaliya inay dib u soo celiso hantida Somalia iyo xiriirrada kala dhexeeya caalamka.

Inkastoo weli uu shirku socdo ayuu wasiirku sheegay in tallaabadan ay tahay mid ay hirgelinteeda muddo dheer ku howlanayd wasaaraddiisa, maatanta ay noqotay markii ugu horreysay oo Soomaaliya ay si rasmi ah ula wareegto howshan.

Dowladda Mareykanka ayaa sannadkan horraantiisa aqoonsatay dowladda Soomaaliya oo ah dowladdii ugu horreysay oo Soomaaliya ay yeelato muddo 22-sano ah kaddib, waxaana dowladdu ay ku guuleysatay inay xoojiso xiriirka ay Soomaaliya ay caalamku leeyihiin.

please also be beware that Somaliland also manages its own airspace as a joint partner with the Federal Government of Somalia.

p.s - Nuune, for our cordial relations, please maintain neutrality in all postings and don't hijack these small victories as Somalia's.

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;949406 wrote:
please also be beware that Somaliland also manages its own airspace as a joint partner with the Federal Government of Somalia.

p.s - Nuune, for our cordial relations, please maintain neutrality in all postings and don't hijack these small victories as Somalia's.

Not quite... I met the head of Somaliland aviation at Berbera airport last summer who was also on his way to Canada, but for an aviation conference where he was part of a committee representing Somalia. Somalia has full sovereignty over its airspace, and at the moment that includes Somaliland. You are the one who is lacking neutrality Alpha, nuune is reporting the facts.

32228-Laker-bros-deal-with-it-gif-Im-A2v

Safferz   

Alpha Blondy;949411 wrote:
^ ok. congratulation for your information.

i will now ask him what you look and to score you out of ten. haha......
:P

lol I doubt he'd remember me, unless you say so and so's daughter because he knows my parents (I think he was reer Canada before). It was just small talk in the airport lounge, and I was curious about why he was going to Montreal.

nuune   

Alpha, Wallaahi I did not get one word you said inaar, be aware that I have wrote many articles of complaints together with former Somali Airlines officials in Nairobi to bring back the country's airspace, this was not a politically motivated move, but to get our resources back.

Complicated, thanks sxb for the article.

Aguila   

Are you serious Nuune. Never knew airlines were charged for passing through other countries air space. Are you implying that even private airlines(say flying over Syria or Mali for that matter are charged? How will they track you? Through the transponder? Can passing through say another country lead you to be forced to land the airline? Do the air force have such a legislature. Do tell more mate.

A country getting it's ownership of Airspace from someone else. Isn't that enough to tell you guys that Somalia is still under colonization? lol

nuune   

^^ Because there was not a proper government that can handle this huge task, and the UN took over in 1996 to manage Somalia's airspace even though a lot of corruption was involved and not accounting for that huge money which was generated from there.

Aguila, every country controls its airspace, yes, even private jets, and without permission, it will be grounded, airlines at least need 5 hours short notice to get permission to pass/land airspaces.

Every aircraft has a registered number, or aircraft operator certificate which is being granted by the country of origin, so this is how the bill is settled, the bill is sent to the owner of the aircraft's number.

So, what does this mean for the Mogadishu government? Will Airlines come and go from areas in Somalia (Hargeisa and Berbera) without the Mogadishu Government's authority? Or does this Airspace strictly around Mogadishu, Kismaayo and Boosaso?

Chimera   

nuune;949398 wrote:

remember, the merceneries at Nairobi office who manages Somalia's Airspace used to collect $400 dollars for any plane entering Somalia's Airspace, on daily bases, on average 200 planes enter Somalia's Airspace.

Excellent news Nuune, that's another 30 million dollars annually in the Federal Budget. I believe if we keep regaining assets, and increase the volume of trade and tax, the government will easily generate a billion dollar budget by the end of 2014. Imagine how much money the country could make if it attracted airlines to land in Mogadishu or Berbera as a transit before moving to the end destination. This accompanied with a proper airport billing system, an expanded airport-complex containing malls and restaurants, as well as direct-transport to nearby tourist attractions, and the profits for the government and the locals would be amazing.

Mario B   

Safferz;949409 wrote:
Not quite... I met the head of Somaliland aviation at Berbera airport last summer who was also on his way to Canada, but for an aviation conference where he was part of a committee representing Somalia. Somalia has full sovereignty over its airspace, and at the moment that includes Somaliland. You are the one who is lacking neutrality Alpha, nuune is reporting the facts.

32228-Laker-bros-deal-with-it-gif-Im-A2v

black-kid-oh-snap17uxe.gif