Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Somalia Presidents 50k luxury five star trip being funded by hard up UK taxpayers

Saalax   

HARD-UP taxpayers are footing the bill for an African leader’s five-star London trip, we can reveal.

Somalia’s President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud enjoyed business-class flights, a chauffeur-driven car and rooms at the posh Dorchester hotel — at UK expense.

Five of his ministers and 14 flunkeys were flown to Britain and put up to attend a conference which saw millions more in aid handed to the war-torn country.

Somalia Prez’s luxury trip at your expense

£50k for London jaunt

David_M_1726688a.jpg

PM David Cameron joined other nations to back a £50million pot for Somalia at the gathering in Lancaster House last week.

Britain already provides £80million a year in aid. President Mohamud, 57, and his entourage had four nights at the Dorchester — where rooms start at £318 a night and the most expensive suite at £9,318 a night.

If the delegation stayed in the cheapest rooms, the hotel bill would have hit £25,440. Air fares are another £24,158. And a chauffeur-driven limo costs £400 a day — making the estimated bill at least £50,798. The Taxpayers’ Alliance said: “It’s ridiculous.”

The Foreign Office refused to reveal the cost but said the conference was “vital”.

I wonder if Mr Cameron was getting or giving the pirating lessons?

Enough is enough, this is getting really ******. Giving all this money away is obscene

Well it's a hell of a lot cheaper than sending Cameron over there, although I'd rather send him there and hope he never came back

It would be better to provide a few warships to prevent attacks by their pirates on our shipping, than to give them money which only helps to prop up the government,and will never get to the needy of Somalia.

:D:D:D

Saalax   

Looking out for where my tax goes is Stockholm syndrome? You have a jungle logic, no

wonder Somalia hasn't found peace in over 22 years.

Mario B   

Saalax;949057 wrote:
Looking out for where my tax goes is Stockholm syndrome? You have a jungle logic, no

wonder Somalia hasn't found peace in over 22 years.

Ain't you barking at the wrong tree? Why don't you take your protestation to where your government resides [ Downing Street], Why here, of all the places?:P

P.s You're the type, I believe, if UK Gov were to shower millions to your 'Phantom Republic', you would be here rejoicing.:D Actually UK gives millions to Hablolanders every year , never seen/read your disapproval before. :P

Sensei   

Saalax,

The point is , and still remains, few thousand dollars spent on Somali dignitaries is hardly scandal given the size of aid the same government gives to unscrupulous thugs around the globe.

Marka, it is all the same to them , why should I care ?