Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Mullah

General Philips trailer (Tom Hanks vs Somali Pirates)

Safferz   

Have you seen the trailer for the Danish film? At least this one looks more interesting to watch:

I refuse to spend money on films like this on principle, so I'll pirate them as soon as they're out :P

Safferz   

Look at the casting call for Somalis for the Hanks movie:

Roles

MUST BE GENUINE SOMALI AND BE ABLE TO SPEAK SOMALI FLUENTLY.

MUSI (Male) – 25yrs.

MUST BE GENUINE SOMALI AND BE ABLE TO SPEAK SOMALI FLUENTLY. NO EXCEPTIONS. ACTORS SHOULD IDEALLY ALSO HAVE A GOOD GRASP OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE.

Unofficial leader of the Pirates; rail-thin; unimaginably poor;

Wears “ratty sandals”. A tough and hardened “Somali Marine”, he initially refuses treatment for his badly cut hand, fearing that he would look weak in front of his men. Believes in treating his sailors tough, so they do not act ‘soft’. Speaks a little English.

Height: Any

Ethnicity: Black-African

Agreements: tbc

ELMI (Male) – 25yrs.

MUST BE GENUINE SOMALI AND BE ABLE TO SPEAK SOMALI FLUENTLY. NO EXCEPTIONS. ACTORS SHOULD IDEALLY ALSO HAVE A GOOD GRASP OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE.

Pirate; physically and mentally tough; a good soldier; always follows orders. Speaks a few words of English.

NAJEE (Male) – 24yrs.

Pirate; volatile; Not all there; Not as smart as he’d like to be and he knows it

I have experienced many duels lately in my attempts to win over Safferz. My latest one with Wadani was quite.... I rather not discuss it. I am taking a more passive approach if you will folks. I am currently in talks with brainblaster arranging his exile to another Somali forum, where he will be appointed moderator. This situation shall dissolve soon..

Sensei   

The good news is we have had the least number of hijacked vessels in the year 2013, and the numbers are projected to go down even further. I would not mind watching it, see what the hype is about, if any.

P.S.

Mad Mullah promoted the captain to a general, a trait particular to Somalis in the past 20 years :))