Sign in to follow this  
Safferz

Somali cab driver attacked in Virginia

Safferz   

Wiil Cusub;945838 wrote:
American claim culture

The jingoism is over the top, and I cringed a little bit when he said he was fighting terrorists in Iraq. But he was attacked for being a Muslim, and his patriotism and army service is good publicity and should help his case.

Wadani   

Safferz;945836 wrote:
What makes you think that? He said he immigrated from Somalia 15 years ago in other interviews.

He may be from Somalia but he's clearly not an ethnic Somali. Just saying.

Wadani   

Safferz;945848 wrote:
lol what do you think he is? And why is it relevant?

He looks baajuuni or one of those people from the swahili coast. It's not relevant, that's y I end my above post with 'just saying'.

Safferz   

Wadani;945850 wrote:
He looks baajuuni or one of those people from the swahili coast. It's not relevant, that's y I end my above post with 'just saying'.

I guess he could be, but I hear the accent of someone who speaks Somali as a first language, not a Bantu language. And I've definitely seen ethnic Somalis who look like him.

Wadani   

Safferz;945853 wrote:
I guess he could be, but I hear the accent of someone who speaks Somali as a first language, not a Bantu language. And I've definitely seen ethnic Somalis who look like him.

Yes ur right, there are ethnic Somalis who look like him in terms of facial features but u can tell in aanu dhiig Soomaaliyeed lahayn. It's a subtle marking of ajanibiness only discernible to a Somali.

Wadani;945859 wrote:
Yes ur right, there are ethnic Somalis who look like him in terms of facial features but u can tell in aanu dhiig Soomaaliyeed lahayn. It's a subtle marking of ajanibiness only discernible to a Somali.

The strong jawline is the one thing that stood out to me. Although I've seen other ethnic Somalis with that feature, it's rather rare.

Wadani;945850 wrote:

I am starting to think maybe you are RACIST sxb. Not all Somalis look the same. If he said he was Somali, that should be good enuff for you and not try to dig in into his lineage. I dont think we all look the same.

And for the guy, i really do hope he sues the Qashin and get's as much LACAG as he can. The aircraft company he works for has already pulled down their website after this incident and i hope they fire him. :)