Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

President Xasan Hopes

Interesting. There is something about President Hassan that tells me he is up to great things for the Somali people.

Could President Hassan's overtures win over Somalilanders that is is question. One thing is for sure though, he is not winning enemies from that corner. :D

Jacpher   

Oodweyne;943408 wrote:
^^^Suldaanka,

And I also think that one of the issue that is animating him, is that he saw the
real tragedy of his people up close and personal when Ethiopia was ruling his home town with their tanks in support of Col. Yey and the rest of his warlords.

And I suspect by that time he realised the falseness of this endless screech call "Somalinimo" from
"certain quarters"
since unexplainably they were openly ululating in the streets of their home regions, when the
Ethiopians were massacring scores of innocent folks in Xamar on a daily basis.

But still, all that being said, I would hold that he will do his best for his people, and in that way he is not sentimental about any larger fiction about Somalia's territorial integrity and whatnot, particularly if it's going to cost blood and treasures in it's fulfilment.

Cuqdada kugu jirta iyo cirka yaa weyn. Is it hard to come to terms Ina Yusuf AUN wasn't the only one using the Ethiopian tanks. All of Muqdisho warlords, plus Hassan's cousins Geedi, Nuur Cadde, Shariif were on top of the Ethiopian tanks. Hassan himself embraced them tanks and spoke highly of their service in the country. Perhaps it is time you acknowledge this 'certain quarters' you keep speaking of in every thread are here to stay whether cuqdad u dhimantid or not.

Instead of desperately trying to play the divide and distract politics of the South, why not admit there is really no difference between Muqdisho, Boosaaso, Baydhabo, Marka, Gedo and Kismaayo on the idea of dismembering the country. They all want one thing, Somalia as one country. Somalia is one and shall remain so. Stop picking Muqdisho over Boosaaso or Gedo over Kismaayo. That's really a moot point. The one thing that unites them all is rejecting your secession movement.

^^Jacpher, let our Oodweyne entertain himself with this nonsense of Mogadishu supporting his secessionist aspiration --I think he knows better and understands such thing has no basis. But it is the desperation that makes him talk like that.

There is a clear distinction between the pirates the so called tribal unionists and the people of hassan sheikh maxamuud the Muqdishaawis. We dont see HAG community members from Mogadishu beledweyne jawhar and afgooye writing endless articles. How treacherous it was of hassan to meet with siilanyo in ankara. Although many Muqdishaawis wish to see the union as it was in 1960 some have an emotional attachment to Somaliland they themselves have no words for. But the pirates have clanish motives they are terrified to see a recognized Somaliland next door because they are terrified of the political weight it might bring in the region particularly for them since they border Somaliland. The resentment the pirates and other sahal community members have for Somaliland is well noted. There are even some of them who are equating the SL Somalia talks , as talks between USC and SNM. Clearly the HAG community and the pirates and their closest allies do not view SL the same way the Muqdishaawis do. I do think that Somaliland has a reasonable partner to have dialogue with in Somalia. That doesn't mean they will agree any time soon but still as long as the talks continue the 2 sides can come to an agreement regarding the future relationship between the 2 countries.

^^Oodweyne,

You know we all support federal government as our legitimate government ---it is funny you openly oppose our goverment and brag about being happy to be under the British Embassy in Ethiopia instead of Mogadishu, and yet still you have the audacity to lament a political difference amongst people who share a political framework :D .

Have you no shame , waryaa

Xaaji Habaar,

Because some have the control of large PARTS of the British Somaliland you are claiming. They ARE the ones who stood in the way , yesterday , and they are still standing in the way of your dream to secede : D :D

As the last twenty one years show, there is nothing you can do to change that reality awoowe. The average man or woman in Jawhar know very little about those regions. There is the difference awoowe

ElPunto   

^I hope you(and the lot) will still have these warm feelings for El Presidente when he lets you down regarding your aspirations. :D

Honeymoon period iga dheh.

Oodweyne, Xiin still believes in the defunct political h- artism those in taleex who call themselves Khatumo, consider the pirate enclave a hostile state that often sides with Somaliland when it comes to Khatumo . Yet Xiinfaniin has the nerve to speak on their behalf :D

^^I am Khatumo when it comes the big strategic battles ...for the internal politicking and subclannish competition I care not.

So no matter how you pretend otherwise there are men who will never entertain this silly notion of yours. And for 21 years, they are the reason why today you cannot set foot in majority of those districts. That is what reality on the ground means awoowe. Jawhar is a good place between, but on matters of secession they irrelevant unless there is a referendum then we need their vote

xiinfaniin;943477 wrote:
^^I am Khatumo when it comes the big strategic battles ...for the internal politicking and subclannish competition I care not.

So no matter how you pretend otherwise there are men who will never entertain this silly notion of yours. And for 21 years, they are the reason why today you cannot set foot in majority of those districts. That is what reality on the ground means awoowe. Jawhar is a good place between, but on matters of secession they irrelevant unless there is a referendum then we need their vote

Are you calling some unionists irrelevant those in jawhar and that their opinion doesn't matter. Its a bit more than just sub clanish quarrels between brothers. When some of the brothers side with the other group. For 21 years Somaliland territorial control only advanced never diminished. Yet the pirates lost entire regions and tribes of their state. Now you can claim Khatumo on SOL , but the political leaders those in garowe sing a different song.

^^yes irrelevant on the current battle

You will be dealt with those on teh ground as the case has been all along since our center fell. Liqaye (Daqane) songs about divorce is irrelevant awoowe :D

Daqane   

Loool waax kasta iyo qof walba waa irellevant and yet the only place were reer puntland have a voice seems to be here on SOL, not in ankara, mogadishu or hargeisa?

Even hon. jawaari is giving them activated charcoal pills in the parliament to control their farts in parliament.

What is remaining except for SOL forums iyo buraanburka xiin and co.:confused:

^^Oodweyne,

You know better to ask such a question awoowe. There is no USC/SNM deal here for such things do not reflect current political reality in Hargeysa and Mogadishu. What is happening in the federal parliament is an effort to influence the talks. Certain political groupings (i.e. Khaatumo) rightly feel that they should have been involved in these talks. So the agreement is between Somalia's president and his government on one hand and that of Somaliland, as you put it.

Consider the protest in Mogadishu along the lines of saying we need to know what you guys are talking about from Dr. Ali , and he effectively managed to enlist a large block of MPs , and I think very soon Hassan will have to sit down to at least inform them where things stand.

Daqane,

yeah SOL is the only platform the defeated have to vent :D