Sign in to follow this  
Classified

Deadly Burco Skirmishes (video)

Mustafe   

I could not make head or tail of this video. I can see one or two people are dead. But the surprising thing is how they are casually carrying on and keep talking as one person is dying. No rush, no run him to the hospita, nothing.

Tallaabo   

Innaa lillaahi wa innaa lillaahi raajicuun.May Almighty Allah have mercy on their soul. This video is a serious and timely reminder of how some of Somaliland's forces can be so unprofessional when dealing with unexpected situations. This sad incident should prompt a thorough investigation with some senior heads rolling and the provision of urgent training for all police forces.

Illaaheey ha kala qaboojiyo. The land ownership issues are everywhere in the peninsula and admins need to be cautious when dealing with these sensitive issues.

Updated news that reached me!

The group that was fighting against the administration are all from Western-side of Burco. The police and administration are from the tribe that settles in the Eastern-side of Burco. Tensions were high for the past few weeks and it escalated when the Administration sided with the Eastern-side tribe of Burco () and told the Western-side tribe of Burco () to vacate the area immediately.