Sign in to follow this  
Waranle_Warrior

The number of candidates running for Jubbaland Presidency is growng faster

Jubbaland is not about who wins or loses the leadership of the state. For some of us, it is more than that. It is whether Somalis are able to strongly shake hands with the reality they are in, honor the federalism political contract they have agreed to end the transition for the next four years and move forward.

Baashi   

:) @bilcaan Waryee Zack wallee reer Waamo waxbaa kuu galay. Awoowe ma galti baad tahay misse giir-giir?

I agree with Gheele. Gandhi deserves recognition. However he has to compete, campaign and win enough support. The beauty of running a position like this is the candidate is forced to come out to the open and spell what he intends to do for interest groups X, Y, and Z. The challenge is satisfying all these opposing interests.

I don't know what Gandhi intends to do and what sort of political platform he running on. What I gleaned from the interviews he's given is that he is a rational actor and understands the need to harmonize federal member states with the central government.

I disagree with most of the posters who support Gandhi, I heard the man is ragga calmaaniyadda aaminsan iyo shuuciyada reera diina aan aheen like most of the famous Somali professors in USA, I don't think such a man should become the President. I agree with you that he should play a pivotal role in the admin for his efforts but not theleadership, also I don't like the Sufi guy of Ahlul Sunna waljamaca, Awxlibaax.

My candidates are Ahmed Modoobe or Ali Madoobe, either of black Africans or Sheikh Shakuul.

Baashi   

WW, if that's the case then let him run. If the competition is smart and shrewd then they will capitalize his shortcomings by leaking that tidbit and have a third party supporter drive the issue.