Sign in to follow this  
Complicated

Ex-Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher dies, aged 87

NGONGE   

^^ Those in the North of England are going to have massive parties. The Tories are sad today. I wonder what Alpha thinks of it all!

NGONGE   

^^ Adiga mooday, saaxib. The poeple of the North hated the woman. She destroyed their communites, damaged their lives and encouraged the culture of greed that eventually culminated in the economic crisis of today. They'll be dancing in Newcastle, Sunderland, Sheffield, Manchester and LIVERPOOL today.

She was a divisive figure ..but advanced (successfully) a brand of conservatism that many thought was not possible in England of 1970s.

NGONGE   

^^ Alas it were also her convictions that saw her stabbed in the back by her own very loyal members and forced to resign, saaxib. Maggie was a tough lady but she went about her politics the wrong way. Bravado and the appearance of strong convictions carried the day and won her three elections but the damage her stubborness caused is still felt today by many parts of the country. I only admire her will to win but nothing else besides.

NGONGE   

^^ If we had someone like that in SL, we'll have war within weeks, saaxib. :D

I too dislike Siilaanyo's consensus politics and wish that he would make at least one decision without the need for a bloody guddi to cover his back for him. Still, I reckon he's doing the right thing when it comes to SL and Somalia talks (all opposition have to be included in the decision making). Shame about everything else though.

NGONGE   

^^ Ha o bixin, saaxib. With Faysal prodding him with that stick from the back, even Siilaanyo can turn into a raging lion and put Somalia in its place.

We only hope our separatist intelligentsia are talking some sense to each other in private, and are not as failing as we observe them in public :D