Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Somalia: Cycles of endless clan revenge to push Somalia into a deep grave

All events that are remembered and preserved in some authentic form constitute historical records. In our country, Somalia, people tend to ignore the importance of history. The great philosopher, essayist, poet, and novelist, Jorge Agustín Nicolás Ruiz de Santayana y Borrás, known as George Santayana ,once said “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it”. In another golden quote he said “Only the dead have seen the end of war”.

Yesterday, while in power ******* clan used government machinery and international aid to settle ******i refugees in different parts of Somalia, a move that caused havoc, mistrust, animosity and injustice in the country. The settlement was done under the wrong pretext of the Somaliweyn dream (creation of Greater Somalia by invading regions belonged to Kenya, and Ethiopia such as NFD and Zone Five).

http://somalilandpress.com/somaliacycles-of-endless-clan-revenge-to-push-somalia-into-a-deep-grave-40764

thats what i meant tho.... laakin tbh tho it was too much tribalism she could've expressed herself in a million other ways espically when she is an Phd-holder

Odey   

I suppose "lamungu" is somali and madoobe isnt?. I wonder who is looking after her farm beyond the Taveta hills of tanzania?

Unfortunately Oba you're the one who is feeding tribal hatred in this forum, the article is full falsehoods mixed with some truths and the writer of the article showed her ignorance by claiming that NFD and "Zone 5" belonged originally to Kenya and Ethiopia (but they do now unfortunately). I'm not a southerner (thank god) and don't understand your hatred towards the aforementioned clan, but if you keep going on with this you'll reduce the chances of ever being any peace in the South.( Live and let live and I really hope that the oppressed people in the south get their justice and become empowered in the future, although it doesn't seem to be happening with this "federal" government)

Jacpher   

Oba: Stop reading this garbage. If you want to learn Somali history, do the research yourself. What this author is doing is exactly in the title; cycles of endless clan revenge to push Somalia into a deep grave. That's it. This piece is pushing Somalis into "deep grave" by presenting factual historical errors to continue the "cycle of endless clan revenges".

I couldn't get past these.

former Somali president, Abdirashid Ali Sharmarke who created the mess that we are witnessing today in Kismayo

Abdirashid who was then the Somali prime minister campaigned for the construction of Mogadishu-Kismayo road to facilitate the settlement of [his] clan members.

The dream was later on put into the grave by the military dictator General Mohamed Siad Barre, when he took the office in a military coup in 1969.

Homunculus;932209 wrote:
Unfortunately Oba you're the one who is feeding tribal hatred in this forum, the article is full falsehoods mixed with some truths and the writer of the article showed her ignorance by claiming that NFD and "Zone 5" belonged originally to Kenya and Ethiopia (but they do now unfortunately). I'm not a southerner (thank god) and don't understand your hatred towards the aforementioned clan, but if you keep going on with this you'll reduce the chances of ever being any peace in the South.( Live and let live and I really hope that the oppressed people in the south get their justice and become empowered in the future, although it doesn't seem to be happening with this "federal" government)

Kenyan Somalis and the Somali galbeed region is not the same, the Somali galbeed region is oppressed and it was stolen by Abyssinians. But the Kenyans and the Somalis there, were not invaded by Kikuyus luhyas and rendile and luos. But they just share the same nationality and history with the rest of the Kenyans. Also the Somalis in Kenya are happy being part of Kenya a developing country in Africa while they are not being oppressed.