Sign in to follow this  
Mintid Farayar

Current Somaliland Foreign Policy - A Rudderless Ship?

^^LOL ha u biqin

I am sure it will be save and prosperous for that has never been the point of contention (no design to destroy it). What i am referring to is President's Hassan's canvas and big brush to paint it blue ...and the fading old paint you are trying to preserve :D

NGONGE   

^^ President Hassan? The same man you deem incompetent and clannish? Doorada Kismaayo ma markay Hargeisa gaadho ayaay digaag noqota, saaxib?

N.O.R.F   

NGONGE;931304 wrote:
Doorada Kismaayo ma markay Hargeisa gaadho ayaay digaag noqota, saaxib?

:D havent heard that one before :D

NGONGE,

Miskiin, that we disagree with him does not mean questioning his legitimacy as the rightful President of Somalia, he is our national leader, and elected leader.

Surely we will not give him a blank check to do whatever he wants , but he is no doubt a legitimate president and want him succeed. Chew that, NGONGE.

Now getting that out of the way, the president intends to paint your little fort blue , not destroy it but make it look better ...:D

NGONGE   

^^ But you don't just disagree with him, saaxib. You believe him to be incompetent and clannish. If you don't believe him to sort a small problem like Kismaayo, how in the world do you think he can deal with the major issue that is Somaliland? Naga daa dee.

^^How many times do I have to repeat to make this simple point: the legitimacy of Hassan Sheekh as the president of Somalia cannot be questioned by any serous Somali. He is the leader of the country. He was elected by the parliament. If you have a problem understanding that simple statement then I have to ask what you ate for breakfast this morning waryaa :D

Now his policies , strategies and political agenda are totally different ball game for us. He will be supported on some, admired on his courage on others, and fierily opposed on some others. The significance of Kismayo political disagreements is (as I said it before) it is fought entirely on constitutional grounds ----beat that NGONGE :D

Baashi   

Unlike Mind, Ngonge knows how to debate :) My friend Oodweyne's Habraha loyalty is unquestionable. He's a true clan patriot :) His ambitions are limited to two provinces and half of Somalia :) We're calling him to come in from the cold :)

N.O.R.F;931230 wrote:
Come on saxib. The discussions are between two equals with a mediator. If they were not seen as equal by the Somali government, if the government in Xamar thought it was bigger than Somaliland, then why agree to a discussion on Somaliland’s wish to breakaway?

Good question! The answer is because government in Mogadishu wants to avoid conflict :) The weak government in Mogadishu is to resolve all outstanding issues with all Somalis including SL, PL and JL.

True the government does not control SL, PL, JL and all AS territories TODAY. It does not control means of production, borders and local institutions. All true. It's a young, weak and it counts AMISOM for its security. Somalis understand this. IC understand this and are lending their helping hand to admin in Mogadishu.

What it has is international legitimacy and recognition. It has the sympathy of the world for they see the difficult predicament it is in. Its right to its territory is respected by all.

SL is one of the bright spots of Somalia. Every reasonable Somali acknowledges SL and strides it made during last two decades. It's desire to secede is no secret. Some of the Somali in the territory government in SL claims do not want to secede from Somalia. PL borders overlap with SL borders.

In the eyes of the world, they are State and a region of that state talking about ending hostilities and finding a way out of looming conflict that's about to happen if agreement is not reached soon.

NGONGE   

Xiin,

No need to beat it. I can simply do a Minted and quote you some of your own words that cancel everything you wrote above. Wax fahan.

^^Do the honors and do it. If you find a post of mine stating that I don't recognize president's legitimacy, I will be a man and admit my mistakes. I still think the chance of you finding such a quote is nonexistent.

PS. NGONGE talking about being Mintid says a lot of where you are in this argument

NGONGE   

^^ Heh. Minted has the energy to keep on quoting you, I don't. But when it comes to where I am in the argument, make no mistake in thinking I am anywhere but right behind him. ;)

p.s.

To say you recognise the legitimacy of the president but then go on about him being clannish, weak or incompetent is to talk with both sides of your mouth, saaxib. Wax fahan.

^^That you keep coming back to talk about what xiinfaniin said (which you could not even quote :D for you have nothing) AND not about your rudderless ship reminds about Mintid :D

Wax badan baan fahmay oo waxaa ka mida sheekadii ninkii indhaha la'aa ee faraskiisii 'Baroor' laga dhacay :D

^^You reasoned very well in your earlier post or so I thought (SL being in a quandary in the context of the new IC policies toward Somalia) . Why turn around and reduce that larger argument to foreign policy personnel ? That is cheap of you, Mintid.

This is much larger than Mohamed Abdullaahi.