Sign in to follow this  
Mintid Farayar

SFG Declares Kismayo Conference Unconstitutional...

Somali government terms Kismaayo conference as "unconstitutional"

16 March 2013

13:13

BBC Monitoring Africa

© 2013 The British Broadcasting Corporation. All Rights Reserved. No material may be reproduced except with the express permission of The British Broadcasting Corporation.

The Somali government has termed the ongoing Kismaayo conference on formation of a regional administration of Jubba regions as unconstitutional. This was declared by the deputy minister for interior and national security, Hasan Ibrahim Muhammad aka Hasan Jabaan.

Speaking to the media, the minister said that the conference was not in line with the country's constitution. He said the conference was not inclusive.

Source: Shabeelle Media Network website, Mogadishu, in Somali 16 Mar 13

Like we've warned here on these boards, Hassan Sheikh is playing a slick game at the moment and the Azania/Jubba project is the first casualty of the new approach by the new TFG/SFG president.

This was expected i said at the beginning of President hassan reign that the Jubbaland projected will be halted by the administration in Mogadishu. He said in the past that the Parliament will have the the final decision regarding how the structure and federal states will be eventually. The decision lies with in the parliament and few weeks ago who remembers the interior Minister was given the executive power to form the federal states.He wants a state but in a form of decentralized state i also some how i think he wants to create the six states. including bay and bakool shabelade hoose, in the long run it will funtion as one entity closer to Mogadishu. He also used external factors international community which supported his case including neighboring IGAD countries Kenya and Uganda the 2 main amisom countries.All in all culusow did his home work calling the formation of the Jubbaland conference in Kismayo unconstitutional because its not inclusive.

Carafaat   

xiinfaniin;925145 wrote:
Baashi, what these part time politicians ignore is that
no one claims that Jubbaland initiative is unconstitutional. In fact, the constitution is on the side of those leading the initiative.
The Jubba noise is pure political. Read the below snippets from the latest UN report on Somali political/security progress...

xiinfaniin;925154 wrote:
^Did you read the constitution?

Being part time politician is not excuse for being lazy waryaa
:D

The disagreement on Jubba Conference is not about its constitutionality.
It is , I repeat, about pure politicking ..which does not surprise anyone. In fact, given the significance of the region, political games are expected from the administration.

xiinfaniin;925161 wrote:
Ah NGONGE , predictable as ever, dwelling on the margins of the debate

Don't be lazy waryaayaa, read the constitution if you have the time. If you don't have the time, take my word for it. There is no constitutional issue here.

NORF, how many times do I have to repeat the answer. Jubbaland is constitutional. If it weren't constitutional, the government wouldn't have to beat around the bush as it were

But you are not after answers , are you?

xiinfaniin;925146 wrote:
I still await NORF's constitutional analysis on the Jubba initiative.
He seems to disagree with Zack on why Jubbaland is as consitutional as Puntland

major blow to Xiinfaniin and the clan carafan. :)

Interesting "Not Constitutional", I wonder was the constitution ratified or is it still being discussed in the "Parliament"? and If you declare Jubaaland attempting to form a state unconstitutional then is Somaliland unconstitutional since they weren't "inclusive"?

Homunculus Somaliland is not part of Somalia , so whether the Mr culusow calls it unconstitutional or not it doesn't matter he is not their president. Not that hassan would say such a thing

Well, I'm glad that deputy deputy minister for interior and national security shared his opinion on the "Radio", very informative indeed. I'm sure that since he personally deemed it unconstitutional he will get the Parliament ( Where are those guys?) to declare that or maybe the constitutional court (was it even established) will rule on that matter. After sending a clear message then they will have mechanism to put a stop to those people who are breaking the law.

The Zack   

It is very beautiful to watch 3 qald@ans discussing about Kismayo. It is also ironic for Mintid to tell us a mere deputy minister's stance, minister waliba reer waqooyi ah. Kaaga darane, this is what he said on a voa debate, debate waliba lagu garaacay. Press conference kulahaa.

Dhinace kale i want to share one piece of bad news with you guys :)

The Dolow conference endorsed the Kismayo conference. Jubbaland is a reality!

Zack what happened to the Kenyan conference maxa halka ka so baxay shirkaas and when will they resume the Kismayo conference which was cancelled few days ago.

The Zack   

The meeting was never cancelled as some wished. The meetings have continued, as matter of fact, there was an agreement signed yesterday. The elders of Kismayo have agreed how to divide the delegates of Kismayo district.

The Interim admin went back to Kismayo yesterday.

Zack, ha xanaaqin, sxb. Traditional your kin and my kin might not always be on the best of terms, but we have a tradition of speaking directly and honestly to each other, sax?

This was an admirable project which stood a reasonable chance of succeeding but you allowed other interests to use your people's desire for a homeland for their own larger agendas (some of these interests are Somali, some are non-Somali).

This was the major fail by your kin. You did the work but 'pirates' and 'Kenyans' are selling your project to the outside world! That allows Hassan Sheikh to oppose your project from a moral vantage point: "I'm defending Jubba/Somalia from the 'pirates' who brought the Ethiopians to Mogadishu and the Kenyan occupiers." Why the silence when it comes to PR and propaganda from your community? What happened to the eloquent Prof. Gandhi?

I don't have a horse in the game...... just engaging in a critique of the tactics and strategy....

Zack the gedo clan including the prime minister saacid farax original stand is still intact that when gedo is fully liberated the formation of the state conference will be resumed, this is still clearly just the Kismayo admin and not Jubbaland admin formation is under way as it seems.

^^Wow ;)

And I thought Zack sounded a little upset... until this one showed up!

But you haven't addressed any of the points, only my intentions/feelings... which are neither here nor there.

The Zack   

Apophis;927506 wrote:
You always accuse people of being emotional as a tactic to shut down legit critique of your bold faced lies and misinformation. There was no hint of xanaq in Zack's post yet you start with "Zack, ha xanaaqin, sxb".

1) "I don't have a horse in the game": I call major BS on this. You do have a "horse in the game" and it's clear you wish for nothing but the failure of Jubbaland, so since we have a "tradition of speaking directly and honestly to each other", then at least have the decency to declare your true feelings (which are abundantly clear in all your posts vis a vis Kismayo).

2) As Zack stated, the "Jubbaland is unconstitutional" statement was made by a junior minister in a radio debate and it amounts to nothing more than a personal opinion,despite his office. And further, that opinion holds even less weight when, as Zack finds, the junior minister hails from a clan who are a traditional enemies of Jubbalanders (let us not BS, we know they're). Taken together, the minister's opinion hold's as much weight as Siilanyo commenting on Jubba initiative.

In sum, you're fooling nobody. Ave!

Thank you Apo! You have said everything i wouldve said if i had the time and wasnt posting from a phone.

Mintid adeer , apophis adiga kuma cadhaysna eeh xassan culusow ba ka cadheysey adiguna waad hor hor dhigtay markaasu si laaday apophis nin xun maha, eeh nin aan naxayn ba heley oo Xassan culusow la yidha.