Sign in to follow this  
chubacka

London Nomads

chubacka   

Does anyone know any Somali charities that collect second hand clothes to send back home? We used to know one but lost their number and can't find any online.

Thanks in advance.

chubacka;920416 wrote:
Does anyone know any Somali charities that collect second hand clothes to send back home? We used to know one but lost their number and can't find any online.

Thanks in advance.

hi Chubacky the Wacky,

do you know what these somali ''charities'' do with your old clothes?

chubacka   

Thanks Oba, it really isn't that great.

Alpha, ideally they would give them away to anyone who wants them, I know they might also sell them to small businesses back home who then sell them on to customers. Tbh, I don't really mind that, I still think their a better option than the local charity shop. Do you have info on them, I'd be interested.

chubacka;920456 wrote:
Thanks Oba, it really isn't that great.

Alpha, ideally they would give them away to anyone who wants them, I know they might also sell them to small businesses back home who then sell them on to customers. Tbh, I don't really mind that, I still think their a better option than the local charity shop. Do you have info on them, I'd be interested.

it is you are getting ajir for it i usually throw my clothes. :(

^ to be honest, i mistakenly posted on this thread. i then wrote what i wrote about not being interested to get a reaction from you. LOOOOOOOL.

look babes, charity is all the same and its all about your intention but i can see why you'd want to give it to Somali charities. check out African Development Trust - 8 Rock Street, London, N4 2DN near Finsbury Park Abu Hamza Mosque. +44 (0) 20 7354 3355 - ask for Abdulrahman. they'll come to your house and take whatever you got.

Juxa   

Yep ADT in finsbury park but there is another one that will collect it from your home.

I will try to find the number.

You can always give to Muslim aid. They have boxes at the mosques. No point sending coats and winter stuff to Somalia

chubacka   

^ I don't understand @ Hatt.

Let me know if you find their number @ Juxa, the previous ones collected from home. No winter things, kids clothes/abayas that sorta thing.

Haatu   

i.e. do what normal people do and throw it in the bin. Alternatively, if you're short on cash, there's people that buy bundles of used clothes from you for a couple of quid per kilo in most highstreets.

^ i found the bloody number for and you still acknowledge Juxa before me!? UNGRATEFULNESS knows no bounds, ma istidhi horta?

who'd want your used clothes anyways? you think people here are broke and in need of your clothes. please isku xishood.