Sign in to follow this  
metta

Support your local Somali restaurant: Number 1

Haatu   

metta;919233 wrote:
I wrote this in the beginning of my post
:D

The once a month plan is due to not flooding this forum. I am a respectful contributor :eek:

Crazy Somalians
;)

Yes yes sure you are. Just don't neglect Somali areas in your expansion drive ;)

metta   

"My" restaurant in Inglewood doesn't need you Somalians. Thank you very much. The Blacks and Hispanics are my customers.

In all honesty, I am kind of relieved. I thought I would have been labelled a tribalist for promoting a strangers restaurant just because it had the name "Banadir" in it. Being called out for "promoting my business" is no where near as bad that.

I picked this restaurant as my first feature due to its strange location :cool:

Odey   

Haatu;919243 wrote:
I wish you and your businesses all the best although you might've attracted more customers via Google ads

Balaaya ka dhacdey!, war odeyga ka yara tartiibi dee! :cool:

These comments are ridiculous. You guys epitomize this so called Somali culture of negativity, criticism, and put downs.

Good work Metta for your Somalinimo and your attempts to share with us channels to support our people.

underdog   

NGONGE;919400 wrote:
I will support
any
Somali restaurant that does not offer you a banana with your barees.

I went to a "Northern" restaurant last month and the guy chuckled when I asked for moos. The second time I showed up with my own moos. (which is what I usually do when I go to Afghani and Pakistani restaurants)

STOIC   

My Paki friend convinced me one time to go to this Senegalese hole in a wall place with good African cuisine in downtown. Only God knows how my tummy behaved that night..I will take my banana serving rude waiter over a price of my tummy sanity!

Mario B   

underdog;919419 wrote:
I went to a "Northern" restaurant last month and the guy chuckled when I asked for moos. The second time I showed up with my own moos. (which is what I usually do when I go to Afghani and Pakistani restaurants)

Lol