2 : she should not drive out of the city

3: she should drive only till 8:00 after Isha prayer

4: Any man who harrases a woman drivinng should be jailed

and so many more

nuune   

Jacaylbaro;916556 wrote:
Older than 35yrs ..............
:D

As if 35 and 18 are any different, give me 35 any time, I withdrown my dogma about the female age categories I used to have as a way of life, remember the 5 categories, boojaal aan ahayee i badbaadi, waan buubaa badaan galaa, waan bislaadee i cun, waan bakhtiyee i jiid, waa samree sakiin igu jar

I don't understand what the Saudi government and the Saudi male society in general are so afraid of. Why cant women drive or go out on their own?

nuune   

^^ Not the country that is crazy, but its rulers, kala saar, waligaa yeysan arrimaha iskaga kaa kala dhax qasmin adeer, the country is beautiful.

Gheelle.T;916644 wrote:
I don't understand what the Saudi government and the Saudi male society in general are so afraid of. Why cant women drive or go out on their own?

Well lets look this from another whole angle, when did the ban started that no women should be allowed to drive, and why, to my knowledge to this subject is that, 2 decades ago or so, Saudi women used to drive, at one point, an incident happened that outraged women, and the result was dozens of women protested while driving their cars through the highways, markets, and neighborhoods, this caused the death and injuries of many people.

After that, the government BANNED women to drive.

On the other hand, the Somali story behind this banning is that, Saudi women if allowed to drive cars will cause more injuries and accidents not because they are protesting but because they are busy with MARSHADA!!

Soomaalideena waa cajjiib,

wyre   

nuune;916652 wrote:
^^ Not the country that is crazy, but its rulers, kala saar, waligaa yeysan arrimaha iskaga kaa kala dhax qasmin adeer, the country is beautiful.

Well lets look this from another whole angle, when did the ban started that no women should be allowed to drive, and why, to my knowledge to this subject is that, 2 decades ago or so, Saudi women used to drive, at one point, an incident happened that outraged women, and the result was dozens of women protested while driving their cars through the highways, markets, and neighborhoods, this caused the death and injuries of many people.

After that, the government BANNED women to drive.

On the other hand, the Somali story behind this banning is that, Saudi women if allowed to drive cars will cause more injuries and accidents not because they are protesting but because they are busy with MARSHADA!!

Soomaalideena waa cajjiib,

Lol@ Oday nuune :D

Yes, blessed, it's true

lol@NG,

Granted that there is cultural sensitivity with asking an Arab man the names of his womenfolks, but in the Somali culture, it all depends the context in which or how the question arises. For example, if I were discussing with someone I know about something related to our families, and this question comes, then I will just tell him the name. I am not a/an Saudi/Arab, so answering that question will not be an offensive to me or my family. :)

Blessed   

They allow their princesses to drive in certain parts of Riyadh and expat women to drive in compounds. So the powers that be seem a lttle confused about their values. If it is true that the is a nation wide lift on the ban --- then it's a good start, even with the silly 35+ age requirement which does nothing for most of the working women and those with children in school... but it's a start.

wyre   

few years back women were not allowed to work on hyper markets, then they allowed for those older than 30 and she can serve only female, then an 18 year old girl is serving both male and female, this will be next, after few months you'll underage girls driving till the morning :D