Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Breaking news: Puntland deporting southerners

DoctorKenney;916034 wrote:
So perhaps you're suggesting that Somalis can function better as a society if we were a part of a larger Confederated Ethiopia, similar to the Oromos?

Or perhaps Somalia is cursed with poor leadership, and that's what's holding us back as a people

Somalis lack nation identity they are collective tribes who speak the same language same culture same religion but those factors are not helping them to form a modern republic. Somalis need to transform as people mentally socially, i will give you an example Somali statehood symbol was maandeeq a female camel, it shows that Somalis can only agree on the way of the camel. But now they have a problem milking the camel every single community tribe is trying to milk maandeeq in his favor eventually they killed maandeeq. I dont think its bad leadership its the people.

Xaaji Xunjuf;916041 wrote:
Somalis lack nation identity they are collective tribes who speak the same language same culture same religion but those factors are not helping them to form a modern republic. Somalis need to transform as people mentally socially, i will give you an example Somali statehood symbol was maandeeq a female camel, it shows that Somalis can only agree on the way of the camel. But now they have a problem milking the camel every single community tribe is trying to milk maandeeq in his favor eventually they killed maandeeq. I dont think its bad leadership its the people.

When you read this, I immediately thought about the thread I posted a few months ago, regarding Somalia's deep-rooted issues and an effective way to solve them. I think I'm gonna have to agree with you that our people are corrupt, and we need a major transformation if we ever want to succeed.

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/68147-The-deep-rooted-problems-within-Somali-society.

My position hasn't changed in the last 6 months. I don't see a stable and prosperous Somalia on the horizon. We need some MAJOR work

What does Reer Bakool and Baay have to do with this? Wixii Afmaay ku hadlaayo ma 'Baay and Bakool' automatically ugu yimaadeen. There are more Afmaay speakers outside these two gobollo than inside. Fact.

Plus gobollada Waqooyi Bari dadka u badan Reer Koonfurta ah waxee ka tageen Banaadir, Shabeellaha Dhexe iyo Hoose and Jubbooyinka.

In a normal society you would think a homogeneous group as that of the Somalis would be Africa's successful story a massive territory enough resources to sustain themselves and their neighbors the largest coast line in Africa. You would say they would sing Kumbaya and be a regional power, but no , Somalis were like this before colonialism anarchists. The notion of Somali governance is an alien concept there is no proper hierarchy in the Somali governing system who leads who. And than you have the sense of animosities and distrust between the Somalis its really astonishing.What also needs to be said is i want to find out the exact date Somalis started calling themselves Somalis. Because we named the land after the ethnic group. The other day we were discussing what Somalinimo was and no one came with a clear definition of Somalinimo. So we called the land Somali we dont know exactly what Somalinimo is nor dont we know when we called our selves Somalis. If you ask me we are a bunch of confused nomads.:D

Somalia   

Sorry but there's no mistrust. Leaders of these clans who live in Puntland such as Bay and Bakool people are some of the most prominent entrepenuers in Bosaso and their local elders speak positively of this.

The only time deportation happened were the 500 men during Faroole's term while others have asked to be returned. There's no mistrust among common folks just politicians and clan cheerleaders.

Somalia;916059 wrote:
Sorry but there's no mistrust. Leaders of these clans who live in Puntland such as Bay and Bakool people are some of the most prominent entrepenuers in Bosaso and their local elders speak positively of this.

The only time deportation happened were the 500 men during Faroole's term while others have asked to be returned. There's no mistrust among common folks just politicians and clan cheerleaders.

tumblr_lezkl07TQd1qcd6hp.gif

Jacpher   

Deporting to where? Ain't this their own country? Somalis should be able to live wherever freely regardless of clan affiliation. If there are criminal elements, bring them to justice where the crime took place, not send them away. If this is true reporting, it's shameful for Faroole admin.

xxaaji: you keep suggesting this is an isolated problem to 'southern somalia'. I guess you convince yourself of another country called Somaliland where none of the problematic issues you speak of exist there :D You wish that was the case.