Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Allssc: Puntlanders losing the plot

metta   

I have observed this for many years. Somalilanders dont hate DAG. In fact, they love them. The thing is they hate Xamar. They hate anything to do with Xamar. Even though the people of Xamar didn't wrong them, they still hate them. Somalilanders would happily unite with DAG as long as Xamar is not in the picture. Somalilanders will unite with Nigeria as long as Xamar is not part of the union.

Funny story: A Somalilander once accused me of committing crimes against his people. He completely ignored the pure DAG beside me. A man from Gedo got no blame LOL. Only me. He said "Xamar people wronged him". This is very ironic. This is the very nature of Somalilanders. Only thing they hate is Xamar. Believe me when I say this.

But yes, I think this union between Somaliland and Puntland can work. Somaliland only hates Xamar, no one else. I hope Somaliland-Puntland union works and I hope them the best.

^^ What the hell are you smoking, Somaliland is an independent state it will not unite with the pirate state, nor with Mogadishu, Somalilanders dont hate any one the only thing they said is that we will decide our own future on our own. That doesnt mean they hate you , why would Somalilanders hate Xamar, what did xamar do to Somalilanders , they even helped Somalilanders defeat general siyad bare.The only disagreement Somaliland has with xamar is that xamar tries to claim SL in the form of the former Somali republic. The day that stops SL will be you're best friend, even a better friend than Ismaciil Cumar geele who loves lip singing the Somalia national anthem when he is among the koonfurians:D.

metta   

Xaaji Xunjuf,

Xamar only claims Somaliland by their mouth and for administrative and diplomatic and political purposes. They can't enter Somaliland. All they can claim of Somaliland is over legality and what is said on the map and what is said by the international community. You hate nothing to worry about. Whatever Xamar says shouldn't anger Somalilanders. I have seen for my own eyes the reality of what goes on in the ground.

Somalilanders have been waging an ugly border war with the pirate states since 2001 , one can say they are SL ancestral enemies and it dates back for centuries not just political. You cannot really claim in you're right mind that SL and PL can co exist. How ever HAG and Somalilanders have little or no dealing with each other that means no conflict of interest and even no past conflicts. The only problem with HAG is they need to stop claiming SL Sovereign territory than SL and Mogadishu can be good friends. Its easy to blame the IC , you know exactly what the Somalilanders want.if You stop claiming SL as part of Somalia politically it will send a good message to the Internationale community Its like Somaliland claiming Xamar or galmudug as part of SL that doesn't sit well.

metta   

Xaaji Xunjuf,

Respect is a two way street. The eastern part of Somaliland doesn't want to stay and wants to be with Somalia. Are you prepared for a Somaliland-wide UN monitored referendum region by region on the case of Somaliland separation? What if some regions vote to stay with Somalia, what will be your response? What if the British Somaliland borders you want doesn't work out? Will you be OK with the regions that voted for separation and just leave with those regions? Is British Somaliland borders sacred? We believe in the rights and the voices of Somalilanders but will you listen to the voices of those who don't wish to separate?

Metta see now you are doing the bidding for the pirates claiming parts of eastern sool and eastern sanaag, The pirates claim those territories to and you are doing the exact same thing right now. But to make it easy for you I will be happy with a UN supervised referendum on independence , i will accept the result will you?

I think the situation is worsened by a radicalized diaspora on all sides that left the Horn during the worst times of the civil war, have lived in the outside world since then without much travel back to Somali-inhabited areas, and continuous self-feeding strong emotions based upon deep grievances from the war.

Fortunately, Somalis on the ground are healing and remain more concerned with bread and butter issues. Having said that, the issues on the ground remain mainly political jockeying for power and position in a changed environment with increasing foreign interests entering the game.

metta   

Xaaji Xunjuf;915931 wrote:
Metta see now you are doing the bidding for the pirates claiming parts of eastern sool and eastern sanaag, The pirates claim those territories to and you are doing the exact same thing right now. But to make it easy for you I will be happy with a UN supervised referendum on independence , i will accept the result will you?

I will respect the result.

Let me be very honest with you. I want Somaliland to get its recognition but I also want Puntland and Jubbaland to get recognition. I want all you three regions gone. I want whats left as Somalia.

It is better for me that Somaliland takes all of its British Somaliland territory. I wouldn't mind. But I also believe in justice and fairness which is why I asked that question.

I am claiming no territories. I did the mistake of saying "if the eastern parts wish to stay in Somalia". When there is a referendum hopefully, I hope the question is "do you wish to stay with Somaliland or Puntland?"

I believe in choice and self determination.

But jubba land and Puntland are not interested of leaving Somalia so how will you solve that?

Do you believe Puntlant and Jubbaland should remain with Somalia because thats what they want.

metta   

No. I don't believe in their self determination when it comes to staying with Somalia. I want them out of Somalia. Their opinion is irrelevant. Any other issue like who Khatuumo wants to join (Sland or Pland), they should have self-determination.

Let's be honest, do you think the people of Hiiraan, the Shabelle, Galgaduud and the other side of Mudug want to share a country with Puntland and Jubbaland? The answer is no. Same with Jubbaland and Puntland. They don't want to share a nation. They much rather protest a innocent President outside London over his clan. Somalia cannot and will not work.

We need to convince them that separation is the best solution to our problems. Faroole has already entertained the idea. Some diaspora Jubbalanders have talked about it. I think it's possible. Very possible.

Let's be real: Let's say Mahamuud gives Sland their recognition and tells the international community to recognize them, do you think Puntland will be pleased? They will be jealous. They will want recognition too. Hopefully Jubbaland will express interest too.

So you see, it is very possible. They may not be 100% now but they will be if Sland separates officially. What do you think?

Not sure i have always viewed Puntlanders as people who wanted to remain part of Somalia ,as long as they rule their fiefdom separately that's why they call the loudest for clan federalism. I remember in 2003 Cabdilahi Yusuf told the elders of Puntland i am leaving Puntland i am going to Mogadishu to rule these were his exact words. So i have hard time believing Puntlanders will give that up and call for separation.By the way there is no such thing as Jubbaland it doesn't exist ,there is raskambooni brigade and the Kenyans in the lower jubba.

Carafaat   

metta;915953 wrote:
No. I don't believe in their self determination when it comes to staying with Somalia. I want them out of Somalia. Their opinion is irrelevant. Any other issue like who Khatuumo wants to join (Sland or Pland), they should have self-determination.

Let's be honest, do you think the people of Hiiraan, the Shabelle, Galgaduud and the other side of Mudug want to share a country with Puntland and Jubbaland? The answer is no. Same with Jubbaland and Puntland. They don't want to share a nation. They much rather protest a innocent President outside London over his clan. Somalia cannot and will not work.

We need to convince them that separation is the best solution to our problems. Faroole has already entertained the idea. Some diaspora Jubbalanders have talked about it. I think it's possible. Very possible.

Let's be real: Let's say Mahamuud gives Sland their recognition and tells the international community to recognize them, do you think Puntland will be pleased? They will be jealous. They will want recognition too. Hopefully Jubbaland will express interest too.

So you see, it is very possible. They may not be 100% now but they will be if Sland separates officially. What do you think?

Why are you promoting sessecion of Puntland and Jubbaland?