Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Somalia is Back in the World Stage

I was listening outgoing secretary of State in a Sunday show describing Somalia's development as a success story. Hassan has a huge opportunity to move the country forward.

MVP   

at this stage, i do not think our current president is the right person to lead the nation out of the mess, he lucks everything one could have to get Somalia back on track. all he talks is jubaland this and that and igad while he has yet to talk let alone to build a functioning government with all important brunches working. he has no security plan to defeat alshabaab.

Actually, if people were LISTENING, the president has laid down security plan, financial/revenue reform plan and judiciary oversight. The Jubba thing is not his fault as it's others that are repeatedly asking him to make a stance on this project, this despite his efforts in explaining his stand. It's hard to govern people that are inpatient and ignorant about the role of government. And it's really hard to fight the propaganda being waged tribal websites masquerading as legitimate news outlets.

Che -Guevara;915782 wrote:
Actually, if people were LISTENING, the president has laid down security plan, financial/revenue reform plan and judiciary oversight. The Jubba thing is not his fault as it's others that are repeatedly asking him to make a stance on this project, this despite his efforts in explaining his stand. It's hard to govern people that are inpatient and ignorant about the role of government. And it's really hard to fight the propaganda being waged tribal websites masquerading as legitimate news outlets.

couldn't agree more. Some people automatically disagree or can't stand him because his clan or something similar.

I would say, his doing a great job. I don't relate to him or know him. All I know is Somalia doesn't need any more civil war and qabyaalad.

His doing what we need at the moment. If it bothers anyone by his way of doing things then too bad

This president has an easy going personality, I don't know if incrementalism will work since Somalis like to see quick results. The people in Mogadishu and surrounding areas seem to love him and if he succeeds in eliminating Al Shabab and establish a modicum of a secure government in South and Central Somalia that would be a tremendous accomplishment.

walaalkis;915790 wrote:
I would say, his doing a great job. I don't relate to him or know him. All I know is Somalia doesn't need any more civil war and qabyaalad.

His doing what we need at the moment. If it bothers anyone by his way of doing things then too bad

Talk is cheap. It is actions that will define his legacy. All those folks who begrudge Xassan Shiekh for saying this or that, or NOT saying what they would like to hear will not matter. What matters is that he builds effective institutions of government that will raise this country of ours from the doldrums.

My only advice to the President is to remain just in all his dealings with those who oppose him for clan reasons as well as those who support him for clan reasons. He has a great opportunity to do this, let's all hope he does not squander it.

Daqane   

Che -Guevara;915782 wrote:

two thumbs up