Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Faisal Cali waraabe response to Faroole

''Faroole waxaan ku leeyahay waxba ha isku kaaya luxluxin anaga, hadaad go’itaan u baahan tahay gaarkaaga u go’ ama dowlada Soomaaliya ee aad ka mid

tahay isaga jir, Kolleey socon meyso maamulkaaga reereysan ee aad madaxda u tahaye''

ouch

What's all the fuss about, fellas? Faroole is playing his available cards, given the changing situation. Nothing wrong with that. As for Somaliland, no need to alienate Faroole - like I've stated before, he's been the the best Puntland President from a Somaliland perspective...

Oodweyne;915403 wrote:
Somalia

Saaxiib, If ever there was a useless propagandist that in life of him can't shoot straight in here, then, one must look at your way to take a full measure of such creature in action. And by that I mean, here you are telling me that the said chief pirate is in a mood to mock others, while in truth we know that his
"lost goat"
has been well and truly cooked in here by others.

And by that I mean that you do know that
USAID
developmental aid will from now on come from Nairobi with the full support of the new policy of the US in support of probing up the fragile government of Mogadishu. Which means, the first priority will be to shore up the failing government of the country at the center and then worry about how the rest of regions could likely be helped in here.

Secondly, the "dual track" policy, is in effect, null and void, and with it, the US direct engagement with the concern regions will from now on come to the added lenses of doing any US policy in support of Mogadishu.

Thirdly, the Somaliland did not in material sense depended highly ant bilateral aid that comes from US. But, it receives the bulk of it's developmental aid by UK and from EU (in that order).

Fourthly, any funding that the Pirate-land gets, was always something that had far greater attachment to the central authority of Mogadishu acceptance of that direct aid, which isn't how things are done for Somaliland. And, in here you do not have to take my word for it, and you only have to ask how EU and UK distribute their aid money to either Somaliland and to Somalia and to pirate-land.

And, if you basically ask around, you will find out what I am telling you in here to be the truth of it. Which means, UK and EU directly gives to Somaliland, and for pirate-land, the UK, do not do much of aid support to them, and as for the EU support to Pirateland, it comes to full understanding that Mogadishu must co-sign any help of aid from EU to pirate-land.

I hope you got the point in here. And, lastly, the
Faroole
argument is that of reading the tea-leaves of future Somalia. In the sense of seeing, how going forward the
"political clout"
of his fiefdom will get ever more diminished return for him, particularly, if Mogadishu, politically prosper with all the help she is likely to get.

And, therefore, he is basically saying, that he can
"increase"
the odds against that day arriving, if, for some reason, you reached some common position with Somaliland, particularly, in the sense of collectively lobbying the continuation of the dual track policy against the counter-lobby in which Mogadishu is likely to mount from their own end.

In effect, what he is saying, is that, lets combine
"our effort"
so that, cumulatively, our diplomacy can be match for whatever the likes of President Hassan could be able to do so.

In this sense of saying, lets have some sort of ad-hoc arrangement of
"married interest"
between our two entities, that one must understand as to what this chief pirate is getting at when he send all sort of political signals to Somaliland.

The Guru fleshes out the scenario!

Masterful......

Samafal   

Mr catoow badane miyaa hadana caqli ka raadisay. Adaa u aayi. war Muuse Suude Yalaxoow orod raadi oo quoute garee isaga kan ka caqli badanaa.

Somalia   

Oodweyne;915403 wrote:
Somalia

Saaxiib, If ever there was a useless propagandist that in life of him can't shoot straight in here, then, one must look at your way to take a full measure of such creature in action. And by that I mean, here you are telling me that the said chief pirate is in a mood to mock others, while in truth we know that his
"lost goat"
has been well and truly cooked in here by others.

Your superfluous use of the English language doesn't make you right. The propagandist here is you. The dual track policy is in regards to everyone, and it doesn't affect anyone in Puntland negatively. There's only one thing of interest the US has in Puntland for the moment being and that is security, which it is still supporting today. This is in regards to the PIS which is directly trained and continues to be trained by the US. In this manner, the dual track policy of engaging other regions has. not. ended. If you are talking about USAID going through Mogadishu I am in agreement with you.

But all aid is earmarked, so you shouldn't in anyway assert that Puntland is afraid of being left out. That is the whole reason we are having this conversation.

Oodweyne;915403 wrote:

And by that I mean that you do know that
USAID
developmental aid will from now on come from Nairobi with the full support of the new policy of the US in support of probing up the fragile government of Mogadishu. Which means, the first priority will be to shore up the failing government of the country at the center and then worry about how the rest of regions could likely be helped in here.

We are all aware that Nairobi is East Africa's NGO capital and where the aid is administered from. What this has to do with how it is administered is beyond, unless you are trying to tell us that USAID will go through Nairobi straight to Hargeisa, something we both know isn't true. The policy affects your region, just as much as any other.

Oodweyne;915403 wrote:

Secondly, the
"dual track"
policy, is in effect, null and void, and with it, the US direct engagement with the concern regions, such pirate-land, will from now on come with the added lenses of doing any US policy in support of Mogadishu first, and then others, secondly.

Yes, in principle it will be. However not in the secur

Oodweyne;915403 wrote:

Thirdly, the Somaliland did not in material sense depended highly ant bilateral aid that comes from US. But, it receives the bulk of it's developmental aid by UK and from EU (in that order).

Wrong. The figure from the USAID is more in development and humanitarian than what you receive from the UK. The UK provides 40% of any given aid to Somalia, and on average Somalia gets over 60 million pounds in aid each year. Now, without even doing the basic calculation, I am VERY CERTAIN, that 45 million dollar trumps the UK figure.

I will provide citations for the figures if need be.

Oodweyne;915403 wrote:

Fourthly, any funding that the Pirate-land gets, was always something that had far greater attachment to the central authority of Mogadishu acceptance of that direct aid than what Somaliland gets from the international community. And this is, to belabor the point, isn't how things are done for Somaliland. And, in here you do not have to take my word for it, for you only have to ask how EU and UK distribute their aid money to either Somaliland and to Somalia and to pirate-land for that matter.

And, if you basically ask around, you will find out what I am telling you in here to be the truth of it. Which means, UK and EU directly gives to Somaliland. And for pirate-land, the UK, do not do much of aid support to them, and as for the EU support to Pirateland, it comes with the full understanding that Mogadishu must
"co-sign"
any help of aid from EU to pirate-land.

Again, here you are wrong and spewing falsehoods. Any aid money would depend on the country. For example, in the London Conference on Somalia a Joint Financial Management Board, was established by the UK and others, and through this Board countries from Scandinavia and elsewhere will distribute the funds, not the federal government.

"The communiqué emanating from the Istanbul Conference, like that of the London Conference that preceded it, supported the establishment of a Joint Financial Management Board comprising donors and the government in order to stem irregularities. The Board, which is spearheaded by Britain and other European countries, along with the World Bank, aims to improve transparency and accountability in the use of public resources and ensuring that these funds go towards improved security and economic and social development."

Oodweyne;915403 wrote:

I hope you got the point in here. And, lastly, the
Faroole
argument is that of reading the tea-leaves of future Somalia. Particularly, in the sense of seeing, how going forward the
"political clout"
of his fiefdom will get ever more diminished return for him, particularly, if Mogadishu, politically prosper with all the help she is likely to get from now on.

And, therefore, he is basically saying, that he can
"increase"
the odds against that day arriving, if, for some reason, you reached some common position with Somaliland, particularly, in the sense of collectively lobbying the continuation of the
"dual track policy"
against any counter-lobby in which Mogadishu is likely to mount from their own end towards the US.

Oodweyne;915403 wrote:

What that means, in effect, is that of saying to Somaliland, lets combine
"our effort"
so that, cumulatively, our diplomacy can be match for whatever the likes of President Hassan of Mogadishu, could be able to do so from his own end.

No, it is a mockery he is pulling and you know it. Of course you are pulling a brave face but lets revisit another thread which describes another time you guys went through a phase such as this. :D

http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/68015-Abdullahi-Yusuf-s-Chief-of-Staff-Retells-Puntland-Overtures-to-Somaliland

This is basic politics, Xaaji Xunjuf's in that thread and this are gold.

Oodweyne;915403 wrote:

Consequently, the up-shot of all this is in the sense of saying, lets have some sort of ad-hoc arrangement of
"married interest"
between our two entities. And, therefore, one must understand as to what this chief pirate is getting in here, when he in particularly send all sort of political signals to Somaliland.

Well, my comment above this paragraph sums this up. I don't need to make a conclusion as to why you are all getting uppity up about Faroole's comments. The difference between Pirateland and Somaliland is this; patience. A virtue you are all missing but will most definitely need for the foreseeable future.

Puntland has nothing to lose here, and has lost nothing, its mere existence gets your blood boiling, I can understand. However searching for ill feelings between two parties i.e Mogadishu and Garowe when it isn't present isn't nice, makes you look like a jaahil to be honest.

Somalia   

Xaaji Xunjuf;915373 wrote:
^^ Very angry i can understand you're frustration faroole feels the same way from running to president losing to Hasan from wanting the prime minister ship losing that to, down graded to a small province of Somalia who have little to say whats happening in Somalia. You have no choice but to support you're leaders in Mogadishu. But on the other hand you have the likes of Sahal groups demonstrating in western capitals denouncing President hassan. Somaliland is sending a message to London not to Mogadishu and hassan like you, adeer isku mastawu ma nihin:D

:D

1. Botched elections.

2. Losing side of talks.

3. US ties being cut.

4. UK warning citizens to leave.

5. Internal clan fighting.

Welcome 2013, and we are just getting started. The position of prime minister post-transition is such a powerful job, we all see how hard Saacid is at work, what a lose for Puntland. A federal system is in place and will be more maneuverable than any other system, what a lose for Puntland. The truly great thing about Puntland and its people is this, the last people who will always make sure your recognition bid is foiled will always be from that region, and you know it even if you don't want to believe it, the likelihood of you getting anything of significance through Somalia (which you will require) without the support of Puntland is next to nothing. :D Good luck on your 23 year of limbo.

Somalia   

My God, this isn't about the EU or the UK, we are talking about the dual track policy and aid. Why are you changing the subject all of a sudden, oh Oodweyne. :D

Let me conclude as you seem half a sleep.

1. I've agreed to you that because the dual track policy has ended, aid might be administered from Mogadishu. This will be the same for you in regards to USAID.

However, in regards to funds from the EU and UK, they will continue to fund you. Now, the USAID you receive is larger than that of the UK, thus more important. So why this would be a bad thing for Puntland and not Somaliland, you can make up on your own time.

2. The dual track policy in regards to security is alive and well. It will continue to be such for the foreseeable future as part of Somalia is administered by AMISOM and no army exists.

3. Even if USAID goes through Mogadishu, it will still be earmarked as all aid is.

4. Aid from other countries will be administered by the JFMB, not the boys of Mogadishu as you call them. So again, Puntland has nothing to lose.

5. The brotherly love is indeed mockery, if you believe otherwise, I can't help you. Why does it take so long for you to grasp the obvious? :D

Mr. Somalia,

Try to think with your wits not your emotions. Regardless of how you personally feel about Somaliland, the Puntland leadership wishes to bring some political pressure on the Mogadishu government with the threat of collusion with Somaliland.

Compare the statements coming out of your mouth vs. the statements emanating from the Puntland leadership. Which is to be taken as the current position of Puntland???

As for the JFMB(Joint Financial Management Board), you're once again out of the loop regarding that issue (which you can be forgiven for).Both Sharif Ahmed (previous TFG head) and Hassan Sheikh opposed this mechanism and it has yet to be implemented. A compromise is in the works. Ask your cousins in Nairobi for confirmation.

The aid received thus far from both the EU and USAID is exaggerated here in this Forum. No entity outside of Mogadishu receives any form of budgetary assistance (Mogadishu receives it in the form of military salary disbursements).

The difficulty for Puntland is current revenue(ports, airports, rudimentary business taxation) does not cover the costs of the administration - this has dangerous effects, in particular, in the security sector. This financial scarcity has been exacerbated by diminishing inflows from piracy which brought large capital infusions into the local economy.

So in summary, it's this looming, creeping 'financial' leverage that Mogadishu is perceived to be currently amassing that's causing 'the kettle to boil in Puntland', capisce?

What political cards? LOol nimankan secessionist waa isla baxbaxeen as if they have or historically ever had any muscle or weight when it comes to Somali politics.

No wonder their genuine and heavy weight politicians like Siilaanyo or others did not comment but its their dampest politician, Yalaxow of Hargeisa jumping the gun speaking like a little kid, ha isku keen dhagdhajin kulahaa kkkkkkkkkkkkk - what a funny childish comment but no surprise such words were expected from Mr. Waraabe who also said so many famous phrases that are needless to quote.

Only few months ago the very same man was praising Puntland and saying they control the politics of the whole Somali peninsula including Somaliland, waaana nagaga dheereeyeen siyaasada kulahaa. Shall I post that clip?????????

Faroole was trying to sound too nice and to make it easy for his in-laws the secessionists from the disappointments and the nightmares they had as they suffered the worst week of their political goals last week since the US's full recognition of the Somali government, UK Ambassador's confirmation and releasing UK will never recognise SL and the British raising terror alarm ordering all its citizen to leave Somaliland. That was hard, extremely hard on SL and Faroole was speaking from the position of strength indicating to them that with our formula, the Puntland way, you can become influential within Somali politics the movers and shakes like we are, think your ways, change course and embrace it before its too late but the secessionist politicians are too thick to get the hint.

Xx, the worst week ever of Somaliland politics and you think Faroole wanting to join SL - you sure take politics on face value.

Somalia   

Oodweyne;915464 wrote:
If that is your understanding when it comes to the break-up of the Somaliland's developmental aid and who gives at what, then, there is really no need for further discussion in here. Hence, everything else, is really no-starter.

Fair enough.

@Mintid. Stop embarrassing yourself, ironically you are using classic projection as a defense mechanism. Where in my posts am I speaking from emotion rather than facts? Point them out to me.

Puntland's position is clear, I am giving my opinion as to why this is happening and provided another historical moment when similar approaches were made, something your partner in crime Oodweyne is choosing to ignore, for good reason of course, it was a interesting moment in your short history and was part of the series of events that led to your "standing above the rest" moment's decline.

As for the JFMB, it was an agreement of the London Conference and it was initially opposed by the government in regards to its management but it is still being constructed. If we are both being honest and speaking from a realistic point of view, Somalia won't handle its own funds for the foreseeable future. The reason why I say this is that it is among the issues being highlighted this February in London.

What I want to know is, why are you Somalilanders so adamant to look for hostilities when they do not even exist? I honestly want to know. What Faroole said in regards to you is debatable but the issue with funds is unlikely to hinder fruitful relations between Garowe and Mogadishu. It's a non issue, stop fishing for it. Continue to report on people getting killed to get your daily fix. :D

The difficulty for Puntland is current revenue(ports, airports, rudimentary business taxation) does not cover the costs of the administration - this has dangerous effects, in particular, in the security sector.
This financial scarcity has been exacerbated by diminishing inflows from piracy which brought large capital infusions into the local economy.

Lol, lets call it a night.