Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Somaliland: A Large Demonstration Rocks Burco

Somalia   

Xaaji Xunjuf;902679 wrote:
You support somaliland independence good on you son

I've always supported Somaliland's inalienable right to secede along tribal lines. I believe as a Somali citizen it is tragic that Somaliland is experiencing this tribal upheaval. Citizens like AfricaOwn are today ready to say Somaliland is not even mature enough to be recognized, what am I to make of this as a Puntlandian citizen?

Somaliland is going through a period which happens once in a generation and I am here to witness it. Indeed I shall learn from the mistakes and perfect it.

Wadani   

Che -Guevara;902649 wrote:
Stoic.....I have my own theories about the foundation of Somaliland cohension, unity or identity which differentiates from the rest of the Somalis.

What r they Che?

AfricaOwn;902722 wrote:
I don't think Silanyo is doing all of this, I think the old man is more fair than this, however the people around him are the main problem and instigating all of this, and ultimately the blame is on him as the President. He was a failure and I hope we have a decent President coming from Jac side next
:)

People give this Xirsi guy to much attention and to much credit , xirsi when he is mentioned says he is the hardest working cabinet member lol. Obviously Somalilanders love being melodramatic and love to blame some one. Also they need mirqaan stories who remembers from 2004 till 2006 people were preoccupied with President Rayaales F@qash past and rayaales salary. And now they are busy with the hidden prime minster mr xirsi gaab and the aviation minister who are according to them have more power. Africaown i hope you don't mean Jamaal the comedian Somaliland cant have another president from burco.

N.O.R.F   

NGONGE;902695 wrote:
^^ There was similar talk when he lost the election by 80 votes and the following election was delayed by more than eighteen months. It was all doom and gloom then and Somaliland was supposed to be crumbling because the last president was said to be sat on a lion's lap. Nothing came of it in the end and the country carried on. I recall them having more than one demo back then too.
:D

Norf, see what I told you about Siilaanyo and why I always preferred to have Riyaale in charge?
:D

Erm, you're actually saying there is no difference between them there :P

No delays have taken place and everyone was given the opportunity to form xusbiyo and take part. The problem is that those who lost out feel that their protests are justified.

We have also had issues with the current admin in unsubstantiated vat invoices and a lack of leadership on some other issues. However, the way I see it, a systemised approach to governance will take time (I was hoping it would be taking shape by now). The problem for Silaanyo is that he has chosen to surround himself with and listen to a bunch of cronies who ‘know’ very little about putting systems in place. That’s what the likes of Africaown should be complaining about. The high taxes, the no show in terms of where those taxes are going and how they’re being spent. The lack of progress in the legislature, the continued arrests of journalists etc etc. But he chooses to jump up and down whenever he reads a cousin’s tribal nonsense.

Carafaat   

N.O.R.F;902923 wrote:
Erm, you're actually saying there is no difference between them there
:P

No delays have taken place and everyone was given the opportunity to form xusbiyo and take part. The problem is that those who lost out feel that their protests are justified.

We have also had issues with the current admin in unsubstantiated vat invoices and a lack of leadership on some other issues. However, the way I see it, a systemised approach to governance will take time (I was hoping it would be taking shape by now). The problem for Silaanyo is that he has chosen to surround himself with and listen to a bunch of cronies who ‘know’ very little about putting systems in place. That’s what the likes of Africaown should be complaining about. The high taxes, the no show in terms of where those taxes are going and how they’re being spent. The lack of progress in the legislature, the continued arrests of journalists etc etc. But he chooses to jump up and down whenever he reads a cousin’s tribal nonsense.

+1

Daqane   

Isnt this what we were saying all along? Somalis at this juncture have only one interest and mentality clannism from shoe shiner to so called sophisticated international businessman, the political opinion is the same regardless of differing political interests.

For the moment four things have united the somalilanders the search for iticiraaf, the clear and present collective memories of the futility of war, the exemplary work of the elders of the society and the fact that as an unrecognized state the money available to steal and patronize with is very limited in form of foreign aid flows.

All of these pillars are eroding at different speeds, I believe as someone already stated that 90% of the hubris against silaanyo is clannist and it will just switch sides when this president term ends and some other individual wins.

But somaliland still has so much going for it least of all the fact their constitution is not based on clan federalism as the tortuous situation in southern Somalia is.

Inshallah I hope truly hope this is just a momentary hiccup and that the bells of ********* do not keep on tolling as they toll for all of us.