Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Deyroow u fiirsooo...

Abtigiis   

By itself not much, at least in the immediate future. But Fozia's tergiversation was a hit at the scrotum of Silaanyo and the secession cause. The hurt felt was dual.

One, it gave a rude awakening to the 'recognition is coming next Ramadan' crew, who understood that if such a devout Somalilander activist has turned south,it must be because she felt there is no cause to fight for anymore. It was a sign that the promotors of the secession agenda has entered what political scientists call "the dispersal moment" which is like the stoppage time in football analogy, particularly when fans of the losing side realize that they trail by many goals and there is no time to save the game. They start leaving the stadium.

Second, the manner in which Fozia left was a statement by itself. Here was a believer in the Tolka-can't-wrong-me philosophy, who actually felt wronged, and realized that oppression and abuse has no geographical or clan boundaries. If it can happen in Mogadishu or in 1980s, it can happen in Hargeysa and in 2012. This realization reverses the psychosis in SNM ideology and leads to waning of faith in identity politics. Suddenly Fozia et al start to realize that an abuse by a kin is not necessarily less painful than an abuse by an outsider.

Dr. Gaboose's epiphany on Mogadishu should be discussed in this context. The fraudulent elections in SL provides an early alibi to the perils of identity politics. And the political economy of politics dictates that if Fozia and Aideed Ilka-xanaf shine in a resurgent Somalia and can offer some political and economic goodies to their kins and networks in the North, the Silaanyo admin will be reduced to a cadaverous super-structure with no meaningful relevance in the no-so-distant future.

That is why we think President Hassan and co should adopt a waiting-game policy with SL. If talks has to start, let it happen when the flatulent bubble of independence delusion is decisively dented.

Abtigiis;898784 wrote:
B But Fozia's tergiversation was a hit at the scrotum of Silaanyo and the secession cause. The hurt felt was dual.

LOL@AT,

in 1993 silaanyo received a vasectomy! its irrelevant whether fozia haji adam's opportunistic move down south will affect the fertility of somaliland. LOOOOOOOL.

hehehe @vasectomy, fertility & somaliland

Abtigiis, at the minimum Fowziya's defection shall have a lasting impact on the morale of young separatists.

STOIC   

Xiin and abtigis all the above you guys are saying looks and seems good, but the reality is different.You are still praying for the day the young people of Somaliland will staunchly yearn for a unified Somalia; so you can stand to benefit the spillover effect generated, but I'm afraid all you will be getting now seems like nothing short of something that creatively add to the project in progress.Not even economic development and power distribution will entice Somalilanders.Sadly, while it is true that the recent election have surfaced the deep clan poltics, but I doubt you will get to see a newborn fervent advocates for union with Somalia.

In the absence of strong legal and political institution in Somaliland you will see more election problems to surface. It is upto Somaliland people to identify the set of conditions that create the policy space for their country to handle these most pressing problems that afflict their country.Just don't take any solace with Fowzia defection.The defectors from Somaliland always present glaring inconsistencies in their route to power.Don't be fooled

Abtigiis   

Stoic, the youth in Hargeisa are restless; the professionals are disorientated. Unless Nassim Nicholas Taleb's "Black Swan" moment - an unlikely event with massive impact - occurs, the recognition path is reaching dead end. Economic and political challenges are on the rise. So, if the south comes back, expect more defections. To state this is not to wish doom on the brothers in the North. It is to analyze the situation in the north in a dispassionate manner.

NGONGE   

Abtigiis;898902 wrote:
Stoic, the youth in Hargeisa are restless; the professionals are disorientated. Unless Nassim Nicholas Taleb's "Black Swan" moment - an unlikely event with massive impact - occurs, the recognition path is reaching dead end. Economic and political challenges are on the rise. So, if the south comes back, expect more defections. To state this is not to wish doom on the brothers in the North. It is to analyze the situation in the north in a dispassionate manner.

All that would have made sense if there were no talks between SL and Somalia, saaxib. It's these talks that render the defection of Fowzia and her like insignificant really. This is because such talks, by their nature, maintain the "us" and "them" divide and help to strengthen the resolve of Somalilanders. Wax fahan.

p.s.

Apo is fighting a losing battle here. :D

AYOUB   

I thought this about Xaaji X. Perhaps the man that was snubbed by XX was from the "Garow enclave" hence Xiin's political intervention. :)

Abtigiis   

Xinn politicized this thread intentionally because he believes someone is not talking about serious issues unless he talks about politics. The man is a recovering Salafist who finds pleasure in this world an obstacle to redemption in the next world, and hence has no sense of humour beyond politics. He doesn't love art (except old poetry); he doesn't enjoy adult jokes; he doesn't like music. He doesn't appreciate the bliss of smiles and laughter. His stiff demeanor betrays a life wrecked by allegiance to ascetic religious values and dogma. But few in this forum can begrudge him of his intelligence. He is an affable character who responds to abuses against him with equanimity. He can be dogmatic and chauvinistic about his positions, but in most cases his positions seem reasonable. If he could only find a personality that doesn’t criminalize fun in the virtual world in him, he would have been the complete man. So, by bringing politics into this thread – believe it or not – he was lending succor to me and was trying to cover my hinds exposed with my tussle with the child-man (or is he a man-child) Apophis.

Ngonge, I said the talks at this stage are more useful to Somaliland than to the South. I think the President is a good man and is trying to appeal to Somalilanders but I always believe moral appeals do not subvert self-interest. They don’t work in politics. So, it is good he continues with the carrot approach, but the stick is what will do the job in this case. He should just focus on getting the south right for now and he will be talking to Somaliland from a point of strength in few years.

Ayoub, like Oodweyne, is a man in delicate position. It is not fair to taunt such a man.

NGONGE   

^^ Are you saying that Xiin is the kind of man that when he walks into a discussion he doesn't understand (or like) would instantly jump in with the words "xalayto Arsenal casharkay digheen ma argteen?"? :D

Abtigiis   

No. The man you desrcibed is an exuberant man who is capable of talking about fascinating topics. Xinn would never do that. Xinn jumps into the discussion but what he says is "Ilaahay ha laga yaabo" or "Anas binu-malik baa nin shaam ka yimid ku yidhi ba la yidhi buu sheekh igu yidhi..." mambo-jambo.

Waa kuwa waagii la yaryaraa marka hablaha lala hasaawayo meel ay ka soo galaan waayaan odhan jiray dhulka fasahaad ka halaga daayo. :D :D

NGONGE   

"You people" is a phrase I truly despise. It conjurs up images of a naked mad man shouting at passersby in the street. :D