Sign in to follow this  
wyre

wyre   

hundreds of saudi's are getting married on this date, they say it is a day to remember

what do you think about this?

Haatu   

^No way! You had an ehem, ehem!?! I thought you'd invite me along! You know I always wanted to have an ehem :D Xasid xun :D

AYOUB   

Bluelicious;898142 wrote:
Nothing special it's like any other day. There will be no 13-13-13.

There'll be 11/12/13 though.

LoL it would've been nice if you made this threat at 12.12.12 at 12:11:11.

I was gonna reply at exactly at 12 oclock, but SoL ruined it by using some weird time zone and the military time thingy.

wyre   

It’s not just in Hong Kong and Singapore that couples are scrambling to tie the knot on 12/12/12. Wedding hall prices all over Jeddah are all booked on the century’s last sequential date, as many people want this special date for an equally special occasion.

As a result, prices for wedding hall reservations on the said auspicious date have gone up 30 to 50 percent.

Some wedding halls have set the condition for the full amount to be paid in advance — also non-refundable in case of cancellations.

A representative from a big hotel in Jeddah told a local daily that the hotel normally offers discounts on regular days, but for this unique date, there were strictly no discounts.

“The 12th of December is a special day. (Some) reservations were made more than 10 months ago and the full amount was paid in advance. Those who reserved in advance will be (accommodated). There are people who are willing to pay double the amount but (the rule is) first come, first served,” the representative said.

Certain hotel owners have also auctioned off the special date. One owner said 10 people had agreed to take part in his auction, and only four remained after the prices went up. He said the auction was “hot” and the highest bidder paid three times the amount above the normal rate.

Another Saudi man said he was forced to rent a private enclosure outside Jeddah because he could not find a hotel on the much-preferred date.

Muhammad Al-Ghamdi, a Saudi groom, said that prices were “crazy” and way above his budget. “Even private enclosures increased their prices because of the special day. I had to pay SR10,000 above the normal charge,” he said

Aaliyyah   

Bluelicious;898142 wrote:
Nothing special it's like any other day. There will be no 13-13-13.

I was reading an article a bit earlier pertaining to this subject..and someone commented on the article going 12/12/12 is nothing I am waiting 13/13/13 LOOOl..