Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Why do Somalis act

Like they know you in public places. anigu trainstation iska taagaan shandad culus sita oo magaalo kale u safrayey ayuu mid Somali intu iso ag istaagay bu yidhi uun bal waran. Bal waran aah i dont know you maxan ka warama , i dont talk to strangers markasu intu trainki marki u yimi aan sugayey wuu iso raacay wuu i soo ag fadhistay, sheekabu bilaabay. Ana bahal yar oo cusub baan haystey oo maalin dhawayd laa ii soo ibiyey ma taqanin ipad ba la yidha wa screen walaan oo faraha lugu ta taabto. Kii na wu iska dhurmayey ana bahalkaygi baan ku mashquulay. Marku xiiqi wayeey oo hadalki deyn wayey oo u mar walba halka soo fadhiyoo oo uu ilkaha marba i tuso. Sii aan aqaano waxan gartay marki danbe inan yidha musqushaan tegeyaa. Shandadi na waan si qaatay mar danbe kuma so noqon meeshu kaa fadhiiyey.

N.O.R.F   

I don't mind meeting Somalis on my travels. I actually enjoy having a chat with a fellow forehead. Odayaashaa la qaatay. They show no insecurity in that they know waa dhaqan to talk to qof Somali ah in a foreign land before going separate ways. If you're qof fur furan you don't mind it (and recognise its part of out nomadic culture) laakin if you're qof xidhxidhan you will shun it.

This is not only with Somalis but with all people regardless where they are from. It means you have a open body language and are approachable and people are naturally attracted to those people. A little chit chat with the man would have not killed you. Personally I have no problem with that as I am used to tourists approaching me.

A_Khadar   

I don't travel a lot, but when I do, I often meet with people, old/young and men/women. I always enjoy meeting them though some are better than others.. So XX relax man and have some talks like you do here with other Somalis while traveling, it helps your trip to be short and also joyable..

I hope you didn't discriminate him because of his dialect sounded like Koofurian!

Wadani   

Nin-Yaaban, what does Midhaa mean? Judging from the context it's synonymous with malaha. I never come across this word before.

Ismahaan   

Wadani;897867 wrote:
Nin-Yaaban, what does Midhaa mean? Judging from the context it's synonymous with malaha. I never come across this word before.

Mindhaa means malaha.

Abtigiis   

Bakhaylimada Xaajiga ma taqaanaan; trainka inaga bixi in la yidhaa ayuu ka cabsanayey. Ilaahooow muu cadaan ahaado, xaajigu wuu la hadlilahaa with pleasure. I give -20 for Xaaji for this bad manners.

Me, i have no problem talking to a somali. I study the person and if i feel i can talk to, i talk to the person. If he talks to me, i always go extra mile to make sure he feels valued. Not only with Somalis, with all human beings but Somalis get extra respect.

In most cases you learn by talking to people. And if it is a long travel and I need to read, i tell the person and ask him if he can allow me to do that. I think it is when i show respect and compassion to a human being that i truely experience inner happiness.

So, Xaaji arintaa waad gaftay walaal. Qofku afka qori kaama galinayo oo kaama hadlinayo, the least you can do is to listen and if he says things that you don't agree with, politely make your displeasure known.

Also dadka lagama faano noocuu dooni ha noqdee. One of the biggest criticism i have endured in my life is dadka qof kasta waad la sheekaysataa! I say war de ma qof kula hadlay baa la odhan karaa ama loo muujin karaa in uuna hadalkiisu qiimo lahayn. Hadaan magaalo tago buushashka shaaha lagu cabo inaan dadka la fadhiisto ayaan ugu jeclahay walaahi.

Wadani   

Abtigiis, wallee gob baad tahay. Xaajiguna ma xumee qurbahaa dadki wax aan la garanayn ka dhigay. Waa inuu Awaare ama Salaxlay yara aadaa :D

Abtigiis   

I know people may think I am feigning goodness, that is not my intention. I have many problems. I do many bad things but nothing pains me more than hurting or displeasing someone!

And stories like that of Xaaji mak me sick. I notice Apophis also thinks what xaaji did is fine, but i think it is unacceptable behaviour. People you meet have different levels of education, exposure, intellect, etc. qof walba isku wax laga ma filo. Nin miyi ka tagay haduu kugu dhago adigoo yurub jooga waa arin ma duwan qof u eg someone who spent time in the west oo daf daf kula soo gala. Ka xitaa daf daf aadan jeclayn kula soo gala adigoon is xumayn baad is difaaci kartaa. Iga raali ahaw, i am in hurry, ee waa inoo xili kale nooli kulantee hadaad tidhaa adigoo faraxsan maxaad noqon?

Ismahaan   

Wadani;897871 wrote:
Thanks Ismahan. What region of Somalia is this word used? Mudug?

You are welcome bro. Mindhaa is used mudug and maybe bari not sure.

Abtigiis   

It is not about loving or hating talk. Nothing pleases me more than sitting in a corner somewhere obscure and wonder about this world and viccisstudes of life. Yet, if a guy appears ( of course not someone who scares you as a criminal) and says can i sit next to you, i offer and if he talks, i talk back; if i find the talk not very useful in any way, i quietly plan to wind it up and go. Of course, nearly always that is not the case. Not many foce themselves on you; and those who does often have some interesting to say.

Anigu dadka xun ee la sheegayo maba arko, nearly all the human beings I see are honestly good to me. Of course my families and friends say I am naive and i trust everybody.

chubacka   

The guy didn't mean any harm, just looking to pass the time. It's a shame that you could not have given him a little bit of your time, it's not like your ipad would run away.