Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

Favourite Football Player of all time?

for purely raw talent:many can feature indeed.

Acheiement wise: Maradona, followed by Pele.

Had Zidane won the '06 World Cup i think he would have surpused Maradona as the greatest ever.

I think pele is slighly over-exaggerated! he won the world cup a few times but in todays footballing world he wouldnt be the star he was back in his time! Maradona was much better than him, in terms of having an impact on the team, Pele team's was always full of super-stars, plus he never really played in a tough competitive league! playing in the MLS is nothing compared to playing in the Seria A or La liga!

Ronaldo was probably the best brazillian to ever play! followed closely by Socrates! Zidane was also probably one of the greatest players of all time!

Heres my all time dream team:

Toldo

G. Neville

Desially

Aldair

R.Carlos

Beckham

Zidane

Rui Costa

Steve Guppy

Batistuta

Tore Andre Flo

Yeah I use to support Leceister City back in the day! Steve guppy was a legend! use to be my favourite play. plus he was capped by England a few times.

Dont you remember the rock of the Brazillian defence for over almost one decade! Aldair use to play for Roma, who retired his #6 jersey number when he left the team in 2003.

Flo, was the phenomenonal stricker, first of the many stars who played for chelsea before money become the really reason for their sucess!

Fabregas   

lol finidi. I remeber he used to play for ipswich in championship manager 01/02. But he must have been a bit old at that time.

How about Ginola?>

BOB   

Ronaldo Luiz Nazario Da Lima aka Il Fenomino...Just imagine what that guy would have achieved without the horrofic injuries...!

Peace, Love & Unity.

Abtigiis   

Bob is trying to bias us with imagine what. All players had their ups and downs, and while Ronaldo was exceptional (his peak with Barcelona), he wasn't as good as Maradona, Hagi, Roberto Baggio, and David Ginola. Grateful someone remembered Ginola.

Fabregas   

steady on bro.......Ginola was decent but he was no near Ronaldo, or at least what Ronaldo achieved in domestic, european and world football. Ginola never lived up to his potential. Perhaps you are promoting the likes of maradonna, hagi and madonna because that is the generation you grew up watching. Ronalado is one of teh greatest players in the last 10-15 years, just for his raw skill in attackign defenders.

WingA   

There have been so many great players of the beautiful game so my all time player ever has to be Diego Armando Maradona plain and simple.. Pure Genius..

Diego%20Maradona%20ESCORPIO.jpg

BOB   

Originally posted by Nabadoon GASHADE:

Bob is trying to bias us with imagine what. All players had their ups and downs, and while Ronaldo was exceptional (his peak with Barcelona), he wasn't as good as Maradona, Hagi, Roberto Baggio, and David Ginola. Grateful someone remembered Ginola.

Waryaa adiga waa in Guantanamo lagu geeyaa hadaaba leedahay Ginola wuxuu ka fiicnaa Ronaldo...what has Ginola achieved in Football other than being voted Player of the year in the Premier League?

Maradona is from a different planet and Roberto Baggio he was the best European #10 ever…Platini wasn’t really #10 but #9 and Zizou had great players around him in the national team as they’ve proved in 98 World Cup where they have won two crucial matches without him but could you see Italy winning any match without Baggio in 94 World Cup? They couldn’t even beat lowly Ireland without him marka I rate Baggio highly but Ginola? You must be jokin...!

Hagi was good but not great because he failed in Serie A and La Liga...he seemed to play his best matches with his national team.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Oz   

borrowed this from Soccernet * Football's costliest transfers* kaka,messi,C.ronaldo etc aren't among these players.

expensiveteam.jpg

favourate player :

zidane_gol_leverkusen.jpg

zidane!