Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Little-Man Syndrome

Ibtisam   

I think many men suffer from little man syndrome, so vulnerable needy women make them feel BIG, at the same time I find that many women pretend to be vulnerable as it is easier that way. I was discussing this with inanata gurgiga ila joogta yesterday. She has been going to school for a while now and one of her family member told her "dee malaah waxaad dooni inaad xafiis uu shaqo tagtiid" to which she almost ashamed replied, maya maya I just want to be able to read and write. Of course me and my big mouth I asked why? what is wrong if she has that aspiration, is it not better than what she is doing currently. A long and disturbing discussion ensued.

I get the impression that culturally we raise women to be weak and vulnerable. I can't stand weak women who must always depend on some but I am amazed that there are men out there who find vulnerable women attractive? Even worse I find it strange to see a women pretending to be weak.

When I lived in the UK, I always use to think, poor Asian women, madaax aya laga heesta, I never though strong, loud talking, stubborn Somali women could potentially be in the same category.

I hope women get over this image of expecting some lion of a man to fight all your battles for you! Amen

Wadani   

I''m all for strong Somali women, but I cringe whenever I read the deluded and self entitled rantings of a Somali feminist from the diaspora. Don't they realize that the sexual and feminist revolution of the 60's has systematically eroded the pillars upon which the western world was built? Is that what they want to import to Somaliland/Somalia?

Ibtisam   

^^Wadani- she is in school- sexual and feminist revolution adiga ayaa sheegeaya. I am amused how from school and office work you reached all that conclusions and then the added spices of what is intended for SL/Somalia etc. Yaab.

Che. Lol

Alpha- this thread has nothing to do with you- if you see your reflection it is purely accidental.

Apophis: In Somali women or Kenyan women>?

Wadani   

*Ibtisam;895809 wrote:
^^Wadani- she is in school- sexual and feminist revolution adiga ayaa sheegeaya. I am amused how from school and office work you reached all that conclusions and then the added spices of what is intended for SL/Somalia etc. Yaab.

Fair enough, but do u agree that feminism has been the bane of the west?

NGONGE   

Why was it a long and disturbing discussion, Ibti? You are right and they are wrong. How long does it take to say that sentence?

Wadani;895808 wrote:
I''m all for strong Somali women, but I cringe whenever I read the deluded and self entitled rantings of a Somali feminist from the diaspora. Don't they realize that the sexual and feminist revolution of the 60's has systematically eroded the pillars upon which the western world was built? Is that what they want to import to Somaliland/Somalia?

+1000

and to put some flesh on the bones of your premise, as it were wadani,

IBZ is attempting to reconfigure our sacred values. if its not broke don't fix it!

Wadani   

Alpha Blondy;895819 wrote:
+1000

and to put some flesh on the bones of your premise, at it were wadani,

IBZ is attempting to reconfigure our sacred values. if its not broke don't fix it!

Precisely Alpha.

N.O.R.F   

What do you call a daqan celis who has a problem with the daqan? :P

Ibti, I have been in KSA for a week now. The HR team are all women (in a predominantly male environment). Is this ok?

at the end of the day IBZ, when all is said and done, the truth of the matter remains: we are perfectly fine with our women being educated and given the chance to learn. after all, a learned woman is more useful to a family and the wider society. laakin, our Resistance to the current western mantras resolve around the 'civilising attitudes'' of spinsters, whose frozen eggs will never yield no dividends, in:

giving us dictates

telling us how we ought to behave

what models we should implement

our culture is backward and should be reformed

other such fantasies.

in our egalitarian society, it's not an expectation but rather an obligation, a civic responsibility if you like, and duty to assist in ensuring that equality is practiced, to enable all are given the opportunity to flourish, to establish a fair and just society.

laakin, we will not accept prescribed and indeed foreign ideologies which seeks to deliberately undermine our sacred norms and values. we will not accept the imposing white super-structure, which has seemingly permeated every aspect of our society, into force-feeding us ludicrous ideas from afar. we will not accept laws and values which have no applicability to this land and its people. we will not tolerate the vicious Somali spies and agents of the devil whose aim it is to infiltrate and change from within by transplanting their western norms and values in our midst. we will never accept these and many other things..........indeed.

Wadani   

Alpha Blondy;895836 wrote:
at the end of the day IBZ, when all is said and done, the truth of the matter remains: we are perfectly fine with our women being educated and given the chance to learn. after all, a learned woman is more useful to a family and the wider society. laakin, our Resistance to the current western mantras resolve around the 'civilising attitudes'' of spinsters, whose frozen eggs will never yield no dividends -to

giving us dictates,

other such fantasies.

in our egalitarian society, it's not an expectation but rather an obligation, a civic responsibility, if you like, and duty to assist in ensuring that equality is practiced, to enable all are given the opportunity to flourish, to establish a fair and just society. laakin, we will not accept prescribed and indeed foreign ideologies which seeks to deliberately undermine our sacred norms and values.

we will not accept the imposing white super-structure, which has seemingly permeated every aspect of our society, to force-feeding us ludicrous ideas from afar. we will not accept laws and values which have no applicability to this land. we will not tolerate the vicious Somali spies and agents of the devil whose aim it is to infiltrate and change from within by transplanting their western norms and values in our midst. we will never accept these and many other things..........indeed.

Allaylehee ishaad ka ridday.

Abtigiis   

War ileen tankoo kale!! War Ibti is talking about education and empowerment and these are not the preserve or impositions of whites!! She is not talking about men telling women not to wear trousers!! Why twist what she is saying. I disagree with her that the bad counsel of the men who teased the young girl for thinking about going to office is to do with being a small. It is about not being educated enough or lack of exposure. But I agree with her such attitude is pervasive and stifles our collective development as a society.

Ibti- either you have given up on me as unsalvageable outcast or you no longer has that zeal to speak out against bad stories! Or you just hate me. Warkaaga ma hayo for some years now. You do not come to my threads at all! :D waan ku salaamay walaashay!

Haatu   

Alpha Blondy;895836 wrote:
at the end of the day IBZ, when all is said and done, the truth of the matter remains: we are perfectly fine with our women being educated and given the chance to learn. after all, a learned woman is more useful to a family and the wider society. laakin, our Resistance to the current western mantras resolve around the 'civilising attitudes'' of spinsters, whose frozen eggs will never yield no dividends, in:

giving us dictates

other such fantasies.

in our egalitarian society, it's not an expectation but rather an obligation, a civic responsibility if you like, and duty to assist in ensuring that equality is practiced, to enable all are given the opportunity to flourish, to establish a fair and just society.

laakin, we will not accept prescribed and indeed foreign ideologies which seeks to deliberately undermine our sacred norms and values. we will not accept the imposing white super-structure, which has seemingly permeated every aspect of our society, into force-feeding us ludicrous ideas from afar. we will not accept laws and values which have no applicability to this land and its people. we will never accept these and many other things..........indeed.

Bravo lad. Your best post this year.