Sign in to follow this  
Skeptic

Somali kids for adobtion

Skeptic   

Assalaamu Caleykum folks:

Few years ago, I heard that there were a lot of Somali kids up for adoption in the Minneapolis/St Paul area. I was interesting in finding out more info and I also had some families who were interested in adopting some of the kids.

Would you please share if you have any info regarding this.

Thanks.

Yunis   

Skeptic;892300 wrote:
Assalaamu Caleykum folks:

Few years ago, I heard that there were a lot of Somali kids up for adoption in the Minneapolis/St Paul area. I was interesting in finding out more info and
I also had some families who were interested in adopting some of the kids.

Would you please share if you have any info regarding this.

Thanks.

Skeptic – This is great idea, I am not from that area. If you don’t mind me asking, are you affiliated with any organization or is this more personal effort on your side?

I must say when I first saw this post though passingly I thought, oh nice one of those rare, informative and timely threads. I planned to contribute when I get the chance, assuming it would generate enough traffic. I came to find out it was pushed further and away from the front page – your post didn’t deliver the usual common trend Maryooleey shock-effects and petty details of prostitute wearing dirac, tribal spitting contests or the daily trolling. That said, this is one of those worthy causes that needs to be discussed and shouldn't be taboo just be swept under the rug, sxb all the best in your efforts.

Narniah   

Skeptic,

I wish you and your family all the best.

I always said I'd adopt even when I'm married and Allah blesses me with my own.

Somalia   

oba hiloowlow;892871 wrote:
well when the adoption takes place make sure the kids are the same qabiil as the foster parents, kinship is very important!
:)

J/k

smh

Skeptic   

Yunis, brother, I can actually spice it up a little bit for the maryooley :) and this is how ...

I I live across the street from a "Pregnancy Crisis Center". I happened to go there one time for a project on abortion. I was sitting with the director of the place at her office when I noticed a book that looked like a copy of The Quran (The Classic green ones known as "Fahad") I looked closer and it was a copy of the bible translated in Somali--it read "Kitaabka Quduuska". Out of curiosity, I asked the woman, do you get Somali clients here. She responded "YES" with no surprise but to my shock and we give that to them in case they need spiritual help.

I live about 20miles away from Minneapolis and the Somali population here is growing rapidly. I asked the woman how many Somali women come to you in a month and she said about 10 of them in a month seeking abortion and wanting help. Through this, I have come to find out that this problem within our community is much greater than we know it to be. Since then, I was interested in finding out more about adoption and abortion within our society.

I later found out that Planned Parenthood (the biggest abortion clinic network in the US) was planning to open the third biggest clinic in Minneapolis/St Paul. Their main reason for choosing that area was because of high abortion rates among Somali women and teenagers. That's not just a guess from me but that was according to statistics. 23% of all abortions in the US are committed by black woman. In Minnesota, that number was double at 46% the last time I checked. According to some sources, it's because of the Somali population in Minnesota.

I don't want to make this too long but that problem is and has been neglected by our society. Maybe one of us will bring it to light at some point.

Adoption it's a wonderful thing and something I would maybe consider doing in the future. Some things are going on in Minnesota if the abortion rates are as high as 46 percent. What is the ruling on abortion in islam i'm a bit confused about that?